Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big barrows analysis

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:bedman
Just ready Djays comments again. His idea of soul splitting karil and verac seems a good one. Gonna try that out later.

Lugia_Lvl138
[ Display Name History ]

Lugia_Lvl138

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts

Video of me doing Barrows with a slightly different setup from Bedman.

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.
Solo GWD Drops:
5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly
I'll be the first to say it... wow.

I piety the fool.

Knitewulf
[ Display Name History ]

Knitewulf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • RSN:Relics
  • RSN2:Knitewulf
This post is insane and makes me want to go try barrows out again 0-0. Your items were a lot better than average.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.
100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.
Posted Image
Posted Image

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Still with 5 minute barrows trips it does not compete with the best moneymakers, namely tds/bandos/arma/dks which are all around 4m per hour.

Lugia_Lvl138
[ Display Name History ]

Lugia_Lvl138

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts

Still with 5 minute barrows trips it does not compete with the best moneymakers, namely tds/bandos/arma/dks which are all around 4m per hour.

500+ solos since I got any major drop from Bandos(Boots aren't major drops), and in 24 Barrows chests I got Ahrim Skirt, Guthan Plate, Dharok Helm. Barrows might not stack up over time, but it's fun and relaxing to me. As opposed to TDs where it felt like I was at a job where I had to meet some kind of quota. Should be a bit better now that Woox16 made his TD vid though.

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.
Solo GWD Drops:
5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-BdljkPsXU

Video of me doing Barrows with a slightly different setup from Bedman.

Aah nice. Kinda makes me want to have a chaotic long too. You think Bandos etc. is better than void? I guess void is slightly more useful for rapier, since you only give up stab bonuses from fighter hat (which I dont have) and barrow gloves, and you can keep wearing Ardy cloak with it's awesome +6 stab. I love how ardy cloak is useful again for me. Kinda sucks that there is no +8 stab ring on the other hand.

I tried 8 trips first with bandos, neit (dont have fighter hat) etc... with just one sip (so no turmoiling most of them) and it was pretty slow often. (as in sometimes you 3 hit them, sometimes you just keep hitting zeroes, and I mean A LOT). Void + turmoil doesn't have that problem, but of course bandos + turmoil might have it neither.

How many sips of prayer do you take for the next run? I'd strongly advise taken extra sip if that means you can turmoil all of them.

To squareroot: I got to agree with Lugia. I don't do barrows for the uber loot. I do it cause it's pretty relaxing, and fun to try for uber fast runs. And every now and then you get a nice surprise, like the guthan helm I got at my first trip yesterday. All in all I made around 3.7m yesterday in under 1.5 hours.

EDIT: Just timed a run. Started timer when I left the bank and stopped it when I arrived in my house again. Managed to do 10 chests with my setup (changed the one I posted a little bit). I stopped because I only had one dose of prayer left. Time: 60 min 10 sec. Not as good as I thought it would be tbh. Yesterday it seemed I was pretty lucky with chest locations. Was a bit laggy today, but even that might have shaved off 30 sec max. So yeah, it's probably more around 6 min/chest in the long run. I do have runs where my overload only stops working when I'm working on the second brother or so though.
Got 613k in runes, bolt racks and a half key. No barrow drops. Still not bad IMO.
About soul splitting: It can be pretty damn handy, and perhaps the best on all brothers except dharok, but sometimes it can really screw you over too. It's also handy when you have a little prayer left and go in the tunnels to heal up on monsters.

Lugia_Lvl138
[ Display Name History ]

Lugia_Lvl138

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 510 posts
I take 2 doses of Super Prayer before each new run. I generally use Turmoil as much as I did in the first run. I think Bandos is a lot better since it gives you better def. You couldn't tank Karil in Void as well as I can in Bandos. Same for Guthan and Torag.

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.
Solo GWD Drops:

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
Uhh.. I've been able to pull 24 chests in 110 minutes for quite some time using ice barrage and then black salamander, whip/defender on karil and claws -> whip/defender on ahrim, so I'm not sure that using a rapier is better at all.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts

Uhh.. I've been able to pull 24 chests in 110 minutes for quite some time using ice barrage and then black salamander, whip/defender on karil and claws -> whip/defender on ahrim, so I'm not sure that using a rapier is better at all.

Wow, that's pretty impressive indeed. I must admit I never fully tested that method. One big advantage with a rapier/CLS is that it is very straightforward though.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
Hawt, Now if I HAD a rapier+ 99 atk/str I'd love to try this out, but alas I shall stick to my Black Sally+ZS.

Popoto.~<3

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
A little update to this awesome topic:

While some major items have been going down since the death of this topic (claws, frost dragon bones), the average barrows item has risen from 1.4m to 1.89m! Using a 12 chest/h figure, and 50k profit per chest (not sure if this is still accurate), you you can get nearly 2.5M of income per hour (neglecting costs, which are pretty minimal when you do it my way). In any case, it should be well over 2M/h!

been said before

Conclusion: Barrows still isn't dead!

note: I don't use prayer for KC in tunnels. Still deciding wether it's worth it to pot up prayer for tunnel brothers, except for Ahrim/Dharok where I always do it.
Also not sure which chaotic is best. Last trip I tried maul and it worked pretty well.

EDIT: oeps, seems I used that always turmoil set up already before (+huge explanation). I guess this post is just a note about how barrows items have gone up.

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
but mage is better than melee
surgebox cstaff asn ovls fire surge does 4 minute runs

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts

but mage is better than melee
surgebox cstaff asn ovls fire surge does 4 minute runs

Hmm, will try.

edit: Torag's plate and guth spear + helm (double drop) in a row!
edit2: made 7m in less than 2 hours, not bad I guess :-) (torag's plate, guth spear, guth helm, torag's legs + runes/racks)
I tried fire surge with chaotic staff, ovl, asn etc. and it was pretty damn fast, but I preferred to convenience of 100% melee. 4 min chests seems a bit exaggerated, you must be really lucky with chest locations for that
edit3: I'm at around 60 chests now, with 11m in just barrows loot (add another 2-3m for runes/racks). This means I'm averaging around 2M an hour, not bad. I've been traying bandos + maul, bandos + rapier, bandos with mage/rapier and void with mage/rapier. Out of all those, I prefer the void + rapier set up. I seem to be more accurate than with the bandos set up, and it's less of a hassle than any of the magic set ups (don't you hate fire surging karil when you want to claw spec him, cause you forgot to put off autocast) + you spend less.

Roz
[ Display Name History ]

Roz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts
I managed to make 25 in a single hour in the summer.

Barrows is so pro. :thumbsup:

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

25 what?

Roz
[ Display Name History ]

Roz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts

25 what?

Mexican peso.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users