It Was Just An Illusion

Danny_TeamDan

illbannere.png

[p]By Me

This is very painful for me to write, and ill keep it as short as possible to avoid putting too much emotion into it.

Illusion has ended.

And it has ended for a number of reasons which led to this point.

I guess the biggest reason is the fact that Scottien has decided to move on and that Horatio will be alot less active from rs on the 19th November.

You might think, why dont I just take the reigns and soldier on? Well i would and definately have the capability to, but im pretty tied down with work in the Army and i think you guys are aware of it. Especially now in the final 20 or so days leading up to my graduation as an officer. Also you might think, why not just promote Tlal? Well he is aussie, and so am I. 2 aussie leaders in an EST clan is a recipe for failure. I also have been told 5 hours ago that im going on another 6 day army ex tomorrow so its [cabbage] timing.

I wish strikecobra1 didnt leave us at the time he did, because then my options would be more open at this stage. But that is life

I told many of you that i never give up, i would never close illusion and that i stay here till the end. And if you see my clan history, ive stayed in every clan till its closed, and only on one other occasion, i left a clan after 3 years to take a break from rs and play some lifescape. So i dont talk [cabbage] when i say things like that.

But sometimes it takes a man to step up and make a difficult decision like this. It will not satisfy me (and im sure many others) for the clan to just stagnate and slowly dry up like a pond which has lost its stream of water flowing into it.

I want us to end on a high, to be remembered and to walk out with our heads high. Not [bleep]ing rot in some gutter off the coast of some wild country. This clan has achieved alot in its 5 months of existance. And i [bleep]ing thank all and every one of you, for your commitment so far

Your next question is probably, what are you going to do now? To be honest, first thing im going to do right now, is get a beer, then probably go meet up with this girl i met 2 weekends ago. And have a [bleep]ing good night before i leave AGAIN tomorrow (ffs i know) for 6 days on an army ex. As to RS, i dont know.

If you want to stay in contact with me, I would always be up for a chat just hit me up in

#GreatJackal

or add me [email protected]

If you choose to burn your bridge with me, then thats fine too. I am always up for a flame war.

Some Shoutouts from me, if I didnt mention you please dont rage im writing this topic in 10min.

Scott, your my [bleep]ing e brother. And i still love you (not in a homo way) and we will be celebrating new years with a [bleep]ing bang

Tlal, you have risen significantly in my books since you joined illusion. Although you caused me many head aches with your trolling, you are a [bleep]ing legendary friend of mine.

Horatio, your almost (yes not quite ;p) as old as me in rs terms, and your [bleep]ing wisdom on legs. We share many common interests and its been good to work with you this session. It will be sad to see you retire, but it happens to the best of us. [bleep]ing dont change your phone number l0l.

Mage/Hyraxxis, the legendary Rage veteran. Mad respect man, I appreciate all the work you put in man, and your also a good friend of mine. Stay in touch mate.

Dandaman, youve stepped up in illusion alot, you have performed very well man and ive respected you alot for it. Just keep your head raised and be proud of what we achieved

Firefly, you [bleep]ing shone so bright when you stepped in hear you made us all look dull! Beast of a council. An asset to any clan that gets you in the future. Stay in touch man. You did alot for illusion

KK41, although i was skeptical about you joining at first given people like aaryn/bob tatus telling me about your hefty history. I still gave you a chance and i dont regret it one bit. You turned out to be a very decent person and weve grown in friendship well.

Colin, fml. You are a [bleep]ing legend. Illusion since day 6 or some [cabbage]. And dedicated like few others. You are a [bleep]ing beast app manager, and have done one hell of job. stay in touch dawg.

FaintofHearts and Charlie, although im still getting to know you. Your both from backgrounds with exceptional experience. And you did a damn good job helping Illusion. Thanks for the GMT support unit charlie you beast.

The mentors, thanks for bearing with me in your efforts. It was a shaky system but you allowed patience to help get it off the ground. I appreciate it. Killa, greg, milsy hillary and jason. You guys are legends to this clan and some of the few who understood and appreciated our community.

The aussie unit, milsy,stevo, sub zero (sad kiwi unit l0l),teejay, beast tom9 and the legendary Jason Caudery. Keep in touch ffs. You were Illusion since its first week and you are the survivors of the long gone aussie unit. I knoew most would leave, it was just a matter of time. Make sure you have me on msn and idle in my channel ffs.

Last Hope unit, whosthebest0, shawn, tej and sumit. You guys hold my deepest respect. You stayed with illusion and supported it through the thick and thin and you guys are the ones that made me laugh 90% of the time LOL. keep in touch yo

Tunescape Unit, the unit i will miss the most :( Stephen, davyboy, Main (<3), strikecobra1 (legend) and all of the remaining fading unit. Ffs keep in touch boys. You are the legends of Tunescape. You have done well

Bludd and Hillary, you guys are legends, I feel bad about how its turned out. But Im a man whos tought that ending is just the beginning. It doesnt end here stephen. Stay in touch mate we got a lot to talk about.

[/p]

------------------------------------------------------------

[p]By Scottien

This is one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make and I know that I am going to lose alot of respect from this decision and possibly lose alot of friends that I have gained over the past 5 months. However, alot has changed within Illusion in recent times and the clan just isn't moving in the direction that we had intended it to.

I have put so much time and effort into the clan, that it completely breaks my heart to have to resort to this, however in order to maintain any sort of reputation that we have it is important that this is done now before we are brought into the melodrama and corruption of the current clan-world and our name is tarnished and flaunted like rubbish. Many clans doubted us and many clans under ranked us and time and time again we showed the clan world that we were there to be taken seriously and we will be remembered for that.

Illusion was initially created based around the concept that we would have a light hearted and fun atmosphere with a great community and create strong friendships. Pretty much the same concept that Tunescape followed and it seemed to work with for them. Yes we had visions of being a strong contender within the top 15 in the future but our main goal was to create a laid back clan free from the restraints and flaming/beef within most other top 25 clans.

However, it is obvious to anyone in the clan and outsiders in the clan-world who have become victim to the copious amounts of propaganda about us that at the moment the beef that we had once set out to avoid has eventually caught us up. Fake IRC logs, forum hacking attempts, spies, crashed fights, notice spamming, flaming. Is this game really that important that people have to resort to those sort of tactics in order to gain an advantage over another clan? We are ashamed to be leaders of a clan within these current times. What a catastrophic failure of common sense, there was once a time when the clan-world was a privilege to be a part of. Not anymore.

Now don't get me wrong, no way is Illusion in a slump but we are not progressing in the right direction anymore. We are creating too much drama and beef with other clans and it's throttling our once great community. Leading this clan is no longer enjoyable, it takes up way too much time and it is not just about delegating work load because the work load is easily manageable for me. I'm someone who takes everything extremely seriously and Runescape, although a game effects me in real life.

I need to concentrate on my degree, my social life and retiring from leadership is the only way that I am ever going to get back my life. I doubt that I will quit Runescape, I will probably go to a clan where I can just lead fall ins

It has been an amazing journey for us over the past 5 months and it has been an absolute honour to be able to fight with every single one of you. Both current members and members who have moved on to different clans or retired from RS completely. I will never forget the amazing times that we shared together or the friendships that I have gained over this period. I have learnt so much from all of you and I will cherish that forever.

As for what lies ahead for me, well I don't know really. I'm going to take a short break from Runescape completely and then assess what options I have. I may find myself going to CR or Exo if I actually decide to continue with my clan career at all. The current state of the clan-world makes me want to just call a quits on everything to be quite frank.[/p]

090829221540.png

090816221948.png

090816223448.png

090825152756.png

090825155854.png

screenshot350.png

Ty for the wars TWR/Tip.it clans. Remove us from the TWR, and you can delete my Conclave access again Ninane. LOL. Was fun, truly learned a lot.

Illusion Pride

6590ew.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cya, thanks for the rune. Expected tbh.

Lulz TK didn't close us but yeah sure np, ty for the rune as well cuz I made some as well ;].

Sad how some people in this clan world are. Going to the likes of faking irc chats/logs to pursuade people to join/hate/crash/attempt to close a clan.

W/e floats your boat if you take pride in that mate.

6590ew.jpg

Cya, thanks for the rune. Expected tbh.

Lulz TK didn't close us but yeah sure np, ty for the rune as well cuz I made some as well ;].

Sad how some people in this clan world are. Going to the likes of faking irc chats/logs to pursuade people to join/hate/crash/attempt to close a clan.

W/e floats your boat if you take pride in that mate.

It's ok to be mad. Never try and outrun a kenyan it just doesn't work. You keep telling yourself we didn't close you lol, but I see a pattern here hence my previous post. Think of this, if Tlalocian and kk41 weren't idiots this wouldn't of happened :D

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

I didn't care for Tlal or KK41. And I'm not mad at TK, we did talk [cabbage] but it was only a few idiots. Not Like you've never flamed, the rest of it was all Sarge Alex. Being in TK must be quite an accomplishment with leadership like that!

Ty for the wars. [ Everyone ]

6590ew.jpg

Dunno what to say really, thanks for the memories, even though some of them weren't so great, we had fun and although I would have preffered to stay open, these things happen, and once they are done they can't be reversed.

I'm not taking over leadership of Illusion because my activity isn't great at the moment and it's only going to get worse.

And although I could do it, I'm not going to commit to something I can't complete to the best of my ability.

screenshot084.png

screenshot025p.png

screenshot106e.png

illvsautarkcwa1.png

ventq.png

..:: HoratioSAS | Sas Troopers ::..

horatiosig6.png

[email protected]

GL :) in real life and future and what will happen to Divine Illusion? :(

dv-1.png

tbh we(tpr) sucked, failed pull and failed performannce and I almost dc every 3 secs thats why I had to snipe then when I tanked I went out of bounds sorry. Sorry about the masssniping too we were so crap that in the end no one was calling and everyone was making their own thing.

Are you serious o.o?

You're doing good, dont waste the current status. You will build another clan in few months anyway :S

Well, gl with everything in the future :unsure:

M on my Chest.

233zm9.png

Are you serious o.o?

You're doing good, dont waste the current status. You will build another clan in few months anyway :S

Well, gl with everything in the future :unsure:

That was kind of my thoughts exactly. I'm sure there's a lot of underlying issues that the public just isn't seeing, but there's no shame in starting back up from scratch.

Ah well. . .GL in finding a clan, Illusion members. RIP

hzvjpwS.gif