Why are all the big clans dieing off?

armybuilder

Now as im sure we've had a number of large clans end due to various reasons. But in my opionion the reason is everyones getting older and there isnt enough newer people joining the clan world that are notice able?

Personaly from my experience in tsa we;ve had a at least 3-4 leave that is because there now joining things like the army.

Whats your experiences of this?

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Yeah I agree, the base of the clan world is getting older and the core of some of the big clans is retiring and stopping playing the game, the closures happen when everyone from that core decides that they can no longer play RS and feel they should close the clan.

BK had a leader and several other important members retire due to the army.

Do you want to love me?

It seems like a lot of the recent closings have been due to the leader leaving, while still having a decent amount of members. That leads to new 'remakes' of the closed clans soon after, which essentially keeps a high percentage of the members. Though their does seem to be a slight decline in the overall number of clanners, it really does not seem that noticable to me.

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

You're really asking two questions here, I'll attempt to answer both.

The first question is: Why are big clans dying?

The simple answer is they aren't. Three top clans have died this year (four if you include RR, formerly top) but that isn't the problem. People had real life obligations, it happens all the time. It just happened to be top clans this year that suffered from it. I think the real issue is that the places of the top clans that have died aren't being filled, and that leads us to your second question.

Why is there no new blood (or very little) coming into the clan world?

The clan world just isn't appealing. Small clans, maybe...but once you get to the world of top clans you're basically expected to lose millions of gp a week and return for 16 hours straight pointlessly dying all for some "victory post". For experiences clanners, perhaps they enjoy it, or at least can stand it. However, to the outsider, there's nothing appealing about it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It goes in cycles, people can't do one thing forever. After awhile you find you need to move on and if that happens to be the leaders and nobody to replace them then the clan dies. There are always people joining and leaving the clan community as a whole though if you want to argue it's becoming smaller then think about current economic situation. $5/month is not something people need to be paying when money is tight or they're unemployed along with anything along those lines (people not old enough to have jobs/people leaving because of their job).

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

There are lack of worlds / insentives to war under large clans.

But I think the medium-small sized clans [ that pvp ] are dying off. They'll always be there just the quality of them will just drop down a lot. When a small clan dies they normally go to the bigger clans that were nicer to them. Which is why I don't understand why people get into crashing smaller clans..

The clan population in general has declined but Bigger clans will always be there.

6590ew.jpg

From what i've seen, this is because leaders have realized they need to move on in life because of their age and real life priorities. That being said there aren't a lot of new faces appearing in the clan world. Personally i think this is because most clans don't even try to bring these kind of people into the clan world, because they don't want to teach how to war, be in a clan, etc.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Clanners are aging because there originally was a large flow of clanners, now there aren't as many who are willing to partake in the larger clan world. Who does it hit hardest? Clan leaders or important clan staff the most. Once they reach a certain age, they'll have real life obligations and will not be able to take proper care of the clan anymore. So really, clans haven't died, they just closed because the majority of the running blood had to go.

j0xPu5R.png

Clans must start recruiting in-game if they want to revive the now static flow of new faces. Don't make it so hard to join, and don't be afraid of recruiting level 120's who don't know what tanking is.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

As time goes on, your age goes older and older, and for the top Clans, most of the high ranks are 18+ and from that time, its their chocie whether to leave or not.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Clans must start recruiting in-game if they want to revive the now static flow of new faces. Don't make it so hard to join, and don't be afraid of recruiting level 120's who don't know what tanking is.

I think this is important to note. Not everyone knows what dd or tanking or even CWA is. Just cause they don't know doesn't mean they can't learn. I like when we get new people who haven't experienced everything. They bring interest and excitement back to the game. Our leaders/members are really good about helping them through the learning stage.

Some players also were not part of the original wild. I never pk or any of that before joining my clan. I don't know that I would of joined if it had not been in sectors at the time. A skill sector within a warring clan was not to hard to join with no experience.

Rachy <3:

coconutpiesig.jpg

Some of the big clans closed and now the biggest are taking over.

I'm sure that new clans will form and replace those who are now gone.

It must be boring fighting the same clans over and over every week when being in a top clan... they don't have much choice in who to fight.

That is why i prefer being in a mid-sized clan. You have to work to stay around, you have to work to recruit members and you have a bigger choice of clans who to fight :^_^:

Some of the big clans closed and now the biggest are taking over.

I'm sure that new clans will form and replace those who are now gone.

It must be boring fighting the same clans over and over every week when being in a top clan... they don't have much choice in who to fight.

That is why i prefer being in a mid-sized clan. You have to work to stay around, you have to work to recruit members and you have a bigger choice of clans who to fight :^_^:

If you're mid-sized pvp, you too are short on options to war.

6590ew.jpg

It's almost hilarious to me though...

The clan world is considered by that same clan world to be the clans that PVP on both F2P and P2P (largely f2p these days)...

If I take my own clan as an example, which is P2P only, is considered a community but has strangely enough the structure as well as the requirements of a clan, does not war often (or not at all) and hence has no victory posts, we have no recruitment thread, hardly post in the name of our clan other then the Tip.it Times' "Did You Know" facts, and are not activly recruiting ingame...

...and we still get one or two applicants a week

I think that "the clan world" is dying in a sense that the PVP clanworld is dying... Every other form of clan is thriving these days, be it community, merchanting, skilling, or minigame/event clans...

Face it... The type of clan that Tal Shiar is, is Internet, compared to where the PVP clans are newspapers... Its evolution ;)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

the PVP clanworld is not dieing just because SE, EH and DI close. Infact, I dont think its dieing. "why are all the big clans dieing off?" They arent, look at the biggest clans out there (VR/DF etc).

I think its infact the other way around,alot of small pvp clans have either closed or you barely see them in pvp.

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

PKRIs became [cabbage] (:

At first you're like: "Yeah bro, I wanna war 12 hours straight"

But after you do it, you just wanna quit l0l.

But it's true, people get old, they get a life and quit.

We should all quit today.

you gotta also think about dedication to ur clan. when i mean dedication im talking about at least staying in ur clan for a couple of months but not leaving the next week because u lose a war.

"u win some and u lose some"

i have to admit that i am also am new to the clan world and twr and pvp fights with huge numbers. and still i got a ton to learn about it and thats what i find the exiting part. when u have learned everything, i think u lose a bit of the exitement that u thrived to learn when u were new. i dont know if this is about eveyone but this is what i think about modern day. For leading skills or other things like running a clan, no one really sat down with me and had a little chat because u arent gonna get that kind of privalige everywhere. i learned my skills by observing my clan peers.

i learned a lot by watching Jc 067 (idynamics) <3: i watched him lead lgz , t0 to a great extent. i never really asked him to teach me the force but i observed him. im not saying im pro but more people need to do this. this isnt 2nd grade u gotta man up and do it urself sometimes.

Thans to Lordmaxi for teaching me bout da clan world, ily ^^ <3:

kristn.png

It's good that in Poland we don't have to join army if we don't want to. :thumbup: Maybe thats the reason why polish clans don't die.

And tbh, clan world is not dying. Only few big clans did die.

EgS6L.png

- Proud Corruption Oldschool till the end-