Oh man oh man oh man..

Clapton1988

Yes, it's natural after losing a big chunk of change to feel depressed and consider quitting. I think most of us have done it.

My first bit of advice though has to do with your approach, which seems almost mechanical in nature. Remember, this is a game, not a jo. There are no time limits, no achievements you "must" get to, etc. You seem to be stressing yourself out, and it's completely unnecessary.

The good news is that making money in RS these days is easy. For a high-level player there are literally dozens of ways to make 250k, 500k or even more per hour. My new Dynamic Moneymaking Guide is a good place to get some ideas.

Good luck.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Yes, it's natural after losing a big chunk of change to feel depressed and consider quitting. I think most of us have done it.

My first bit of advice though has to do with your approach, which seems almost mechanical in nature. Remember, this is a game, not a jo. There are no time limits, no achievements you "must" get to, etc. You seem to be stressing yourself out, and it's completely unnecessary.

The good news is that making money in RS these days is easy. For a high-level player there are literally dozens of ways to make 250k, 500k or even more per hour. My new Dynamic Moneymaking Guide is a good place to get some ideas.

Good luck.

Very nice post. I'm reading your guide now.

When I lose a lot of gp somehow, I mostly quit playing for a while. :) Then I go back when the pain is forgotten.

Your fine as you are, I'm level 118 and I'm doing fine with just under 30M.

I think your overreacting a bit since you have 85M which could easilly fund some of the stuff you lost.

If I had 85M It wouldn't matter if I died as most of the stuff I use is like 10M max :razz:

Stand up and continue fighting on! :grin:

Zaroterasu.png

It's so easy to make money nowadays. I remember when 10k was a lot of money, or 100k.

I was walking around in adamant platelegs because I couldn't afford runelegs and people were making fun of me.

Nowadays on a typical slayer assignment I have 100M+ worth of equipment on me.

You can make 120k each day in 2 minutes by just buying unfinished broad bolts from a slayer master. No skill required.

I did barrows for 1.5 hours the other day and got 7m+ in loot.

Already spend it on herblore of course.

Chin up.

Making money is not difficult nowadays. It just takes a little bit of effort and time.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Well, about ~15 minutes ago I died while bursting rock lobs in an attempt to speed up 79 summoning; I had basically all the charms that I needed (and then some) but decided I would stay for some much needed magic exp, hitpoints exp (as I'm now 900-950k till 99) and some extra charms; at least until I ran out of prayer potions. I don't have a picture as I barely even saw it coming, I had 40 hp (was going to heal w/ blood burst after I had collected them all) and rounded the corner to trap the dags. Randomly and very suddenly, I died. I was previously worth around 85m depending on my Bandos price rises/drops. I am now at (just checked) 64M. I am also screwed out of 4 hours worth of collecting the charms necessary for my summoning expenditure.

Thanks for any and all advice/help in advance. It's much appreciated.

NOTE!: I never said feel sorry or take pity on me. I guess this question was more directed at the runescape members with a wealth status equivalent or higher of mine. I was asking for advice, not a rant.

I spent 1 Year earning 35m then bought a pair of d claws with it and then lost them :mellow: , my entire bank worth at that time

..Move On

Instead of bursting, try killing waterfiends for enough charms for 79 summoning, try wfs, I did it my self. Gl with whatever you chose btw :thumbup: :thumbup:

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

im level 98 with 1605 total level and the max i have ever had was 6m in cash.

Yeah, i think you can manage it...

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I'm not going to say I had the exact same scenario as you, but I do know that when I lost my full void 2 days after getting it (thank you chaos elemental <_< ) I really felt like quitting. In fact I did take a 2 week break. But then I picked myself up and got back on the horse.

The mindset you have to have is: I currently have 64m. The last time I had 64m, I knew less about the game, had worse stats, had less money-making opportunities open to me and still, I was able to work up to 85m. I may be back at 64m now, but I will find it easier to make the 21m I lost than it was to get it the first time round.

Hope I helped.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

The most money I've ever had is 55m and I lost 49m of that when I died with claws, fire cape and some other stuff. This is a small chunk of your money and you can still afford 79 summon.

LIVE WITH IT

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Just get it back lol.. This is why i gain my Charms via Slay (logged on my blog :thumbsup:)

I have 110M and from not doing somthing like Burst Rock Lobsters with hundreds and thousands of runes/potions/food/charms it will stay that way for a loooong time.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Ive been shot down from 150m - 50m in seconds once. And the other day i went from 110m - 30m in a few seconds when i aclhed my SGS by accident. Sure, it felt like Jesus had taken a sandel and slapped my is the sack. I felt like quitting there and then. I still play and i don't enjoy the game ay less. Suck it up. Its just a game.

We've added a confirmation when casting High Alchemy on items with a Grand Exchange value of 500,000gp or higher. This should prevent the accidental alching of those expensive items.

ejsutz.png

I lost my SgS about...6 days before that update.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Well I've never had 64m in my life.. But look on the bright side, you didn't lose the exp you got when you died? And 4 hours? That's nothing. I'm sure you've wasted thousands more playing this game in the first place. :P I don't have any advice to get you "back on your feet".. but I do think you can come back from this just fine. :)

Blakdragon39.png

Before all these grave stones and items not showing to others on death people used to fear death, accept it, and move on when they died. It seems that the new Runescape is breeding a bunch of whiners who cry if they lag, die, don't get the drops they want.

You know the saying 'with great risk comes great reward'? It seems that people these days (not just RS) expect things for free and without any sort of risk or consiquence.

My advice to you is, accept it, move on.

[hide=Off Topic]

Ive been shot down from 150m - 50m in seconds once. And the other day i went from 110m - 30m in a few seconds when i aclhed my SGS by accident. Sure, it felt like Jesus had taken a sandel and slapped my is the sack. I felt like quitting there and then. I still play and i don't enjoy the game ay less. Suck it up. Its just a game.

We've added a confirmation when casting High Alchemy on items with a Grand Exchange value of 500,000gp or higher. This should prevent the accidental alching of those expensive items.

ejsutz.png

I'm not sure if this is the guy, but I know that someone alched a GS 2 days before Jagex implimented that. Yeah, huge slap in the face, but hey, its just how the game goes.

[/hide]

A few days ago, I was at duo TD's and randomly lagged out. I had over 15m risk, and thought for sure I wouldn't be able to connect, and would lose it all. Then I thought "I've done this before, it isn't all that bad" and I wasn't all panicked. I didn't die, either.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]