Should skilller worlds have a total level requirement?

Romy

100M total exp requirements for members. People get 100M exp in a month so if you look at it that way it's not hard for anyone to get just takes time. Also maybe max total level worlds too if they're going down that route.

That last idea seems unreasonable. Currently there are less than 400 maxed players, taking into considiration that not all of them will play in these worlds, and that they have school/jobs and obviously DO sleep and eat or have other obligations, I doubt these worlds will have more than 20-50 players on at one time at max.

They have their own forums, they can have thier own world.

I think the point is that their own world would be pointless, barely used, and a waste of space. :P

Exactly.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these "lvl 3 skillers" dont decide to get combat skill levels and therefore the benefits of them, they can only blame themselves. :-|

Will you guys please forget about level 3 skillers? That's not the point - the point is that it's absurd that someone who doesn't even have one skill at 50 can enter these worlds, while someone who dedicated much more work into his/her character may not. I'm here to discuss the cons of the current requirement.

I think a guy with all skills lvl 42 would probably more mature than this lvl 90 with 70 str, 76 att and 71 def, 87 cooking, 83 fletching and lvl 1 farming and summoning. Mostly for me a good indicator of someone's maturity is his farming and summoning lvl (slayer too often), try it out, really. Immature impationt children don't get that they can do farming in between stuff and get bored watching their plants grow. They also don't realise the usefulness of summoning and they don't have any charms anyway since they have powertrained on some no-reward high xp monster.

Conclusion: I'd rather have these all rounded albeit low lvl people in "my world", than these 99 cooker nubs.

They should've just made servers for people over 3, 5, 7+ years and scrapped the total level bologna. Maybe even give out vet rewards for each year someone's played.

But that's all off topic. I agree with the original poster

100th player to achieve level 70 Magic. Oooooh...

I agree that the 1000 total level requirement does seem a bit much for F2P, but I think that lowering it too much would let in many of the problem players that would make people want to use a skillers only world in the first place.

Perhaps 800 for F2P? Most free players will never get that high, it would still require training across almost all aspects of the game (level 54 in all skills), and pures, of any type, would not be able to achieve it (max pure combat: 693, max pure non-combat: 792).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If these "lvl 3 skillers" dont decide to get combat skill levels and therefore the benefits of them, they can only blame themselves. :-|

Will you guys please forget about level 3 skillers? That's not the point - the point is that it's absurd that someone who doesn't even have one skill at 50 can enter these worlds, while someone who dedicated much more work into his/her character may not. I'm here to discuss the cons of the current requirement.

I think a guy with all skills lvl 42 would probably more mature than this lvl 90 with 70 str, 76 att and 71 def, 87 cooking, 83 fletching and lvl 1 farming and summoning. Mostly for me a good indicator of someone's maturity is his farming and summoning lvl (slayer too often), try it out, really. Immature impationt children don't get that they can do farming in between stuff and get bored watching their plants grow. They also don't realise the usefulness of summoning and they don't have any charms anyway since they have powertrained on some no-reward high xp monster.

Conclusion: I'd rather have these all rounded albeit low lvl people in "my world", than these 99 cooker nubs.

Uhh... On my homeworld (61) I regularly see the same guy (I won't mention his name).

This guy has 99 Slayer, maxed Combat (the only combat-skill that's lower than 99 is - 88 Summoning.), has 99 Farming with over 20M exp, 99 Herblore and some other skills.

Quite frankly, this guy is one of the least mature players I see, and I see tons of immature players.

I've seen mature players with totals lower than 250, and have seen immature ones (such as this guy) with over 2.2K total level.

I must say that skills and exp in this game are never a measure for maturity.

And for those of you saying level 3 skillers don't belong there- If SKILLERS don't belong to SKILLER worlds, who the hell does?

Skillers with 1000 total levels, players who actually train their skills - all their skills.

Crippled accounts are a choice. Lvl 3 skillers are not "skillers", they are powernoobs.

Who are you to judge someone's playing style?

And players with 1000 total aren't necesarilly "skillers". As I had already mentioned, it is possible to have 1K total without even having all skills at 42.

Well, powernoob was the designation for lvl 3 skillers a couple years ago. It kinda got lost in time but I think it was more suited to lvl 3 skillers than plainly calling themselves skillers, as a skiller is someone who trains all skills (IMO).

It was not an insult to be called a powernoob, it was mostly a wink to players calling low levels noob while that "noob" has more experience and knows more about the game.

Training skills without the best skilling methods is by definition a choice to "cripple" yourself. There was no jugdement involved in my reply as far as I can tell.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Okay, here's where these ideas lead.

No skill or exp requirement, but you must write a mathmatics paper on your total skills, totall exp, exp gain weights, exp per level you have, and properly weight those by minimum time spent and gp per hour rate. do this everytime you loggin to one of these worlds to determine your elegability.

On the other hand...

Someone could train 15 skills to 70 each, and get 1000 total.

Someone else could train cooking to 15m xp in about 10 times less time.

I hope you see the connection.

If not...good luck with your life. ;)

I see your point.

Perhaps a mix of total level and exp? Or something like... Having to spread your exp in atleast 7-6 skills? Maybe more...

Okay, here's where these ideas lead.

No skill or exp requirement, but you must write a mathmatics paper on your total skills, totall exp, exp gain weights, exp per level you have, and properly weight those by minimum time spent and gp per hour rate. do this everytime you loggin to one of these worlds to determine your elegability.

I have no idea how you got that from what I said.

I like these 1000+ total level worlds. They provide a safe harbor for mature players in the hurricane of immaturity that is f2p RS.

They are also havens to ex-members. And I think they are fine the way they are.

It makes no sense that a free world would be almost empty of purely free players, yet full of ex-members.

By the way, about your maturity comment - Skills (or total level for that matter) aren't a measure.

Oh, and many members are immature too, stop generalizing.

id be a fan of the 1k total worlds if the f2p one only recognised f2p stats, and i would NOT be a fan of it having an exp requirement. if it was exp, then people would just do something easy like cookingfor a ton of exp, but with levels, you can only ride the easy skills for so long before you have to move onto the harder ones. or maybe have level+exp would be good

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

id be a fan of the 1k total worlds if the f2p one only recognised f2p stats, and i would NOT be a fan of it having an exp requirement. if it was exp, then people would just do something easy like cookingfor a ton of exp, but with levels, you can only ride the easy skills for so long before you have to move onto the harder ones. or maybe have level+exp would be good

Perhaps a mix of total level and exp? Or something like... Having to spread your exp in atleast 7-6 skills? Maybe more...

IMO, the F2P total level world should only be limited to 100% F2Pers. That way, it will get rid of all those ex-members.

The P2P total level world should have its level raised to 2000. Makes sense, since it's 1000 in F2P, so it has to be raised even more in P2P.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Skipped a few pages of this thread because most of it is skiller-bashing which is ridiculous. Just because we choose to play a certain way means our voices can't be heard? Someone suggested a world for maxed combat stat players. I fail to see how this can be juged as a valid statement, yet if a skiller wants a world where his choice to not use combat can be recognised then they have multiple people harrassing them for "Whining" about how we crippled ourselves, we ourselves should deal with it.

But aside from that, i think the idea mentioned earlier about rank being a good way to judge is fantastic. I wholeheartedly support this.

Yeah baby, I work at the General Store.

-Official General Store Advertiser-

It makes no sense that a free world would be almost empty of purely free players, yet full of ex-members.

By the way, about your maturity comment - Skills (or total level for that matter) aren't a measure.

Total level is a measure of how long you have played the game. Most players will not remain n00bs at 1000 total level in f2p.

Generalizing is just fine when it makes sense. I'm not saying 100% of those players in skiller worlds are mature, but they will definitely have more % of mature players than normal f2p worlds.

newsigac5.png

Total level is a measure of how long you have played the game. Most players will not remain n00bs at 1000 total level in f2p.

Generalizing is just fine when it makes sense. I'm not saying 100% of those players in skiller worlds are mature, but they will definitely have more % of mature players than normal f2p worlds.

I don't know if you recently entered members' servers, but the immaturity there is outstanding.

The RSOF is a great proof for that, check it out whenever you can.

By the way, being a "n00b" isn't a measure for immaturity either. I've seen mature level 40s, 30s and even 20s who just started playing. Actualy, I see them every day.

In addition, there are many childish idiots who's total level exceed 2000.

As I already said, skills and total level aren't a measure for maturity.

I don't know if you recently entered members' servers, but the immaturity there is outstanding.

The RSOF is a great proof for that, check it out whenever you can.

By the way, being a "n00b" isn't a measure for immaturity either. I've seen mature level 40s, 30s and even 20s who just started playing. Actualy, I see them every day.

In addition, there are many childish idiots who's total level exceed 2000.

As I already said, skills and total level aren't a measure for maturity.

Some of the accounts that exceed total lvs of 2000 and are immature may be accounts that were sold. I know of a few like that. Having a high combat, I get noobs randomly insulting me for no reason. Since the release of 1000+ server in f2p, i never get bothered by noobs. I dont know what your cb lv is, but i assume you are a skiller who doesnt stand out in a crowd therefor you have never experience this annoyance. By the way have you forgotten that there are f2p players with 12.5mill xp that can access RSOF?

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

1000 total for these worlds? Thats pathetic, especially since the game has become so much easier to level in since December 10th.

Why? What happened on December 10th?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

1000 total for these worlds? Thats pathetic, especially since the game has become so much easier to level in since December 10th.

That's so true, jagex is starting to make skills so much faster then they were. What happened on December 10th though :blink:

But like some people are saying, the f2p 1000+ worlds need to only count f2p stats for that total. Also, they need to either make a few higher p2p total level worlds or raise the one they already have. I'd like to see them add a few more maybe 1500, 1800, 2000, and 2300+?

I prefer the idea of total levels to xp as this implies that the account is well rounded, it's easier to get 200m cooking than it is to get that 200m spread evenly around all the skills.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to play on a world with such restrictions; I wouldn't have met most of my friends if I'd played on a high level world.

devorguilla.png

1000 total level OR an exp requirement are a must in my opninon. And the total level requirement/exp requirement should be higher for members.

I agree.

Thinking about it some more, I think I have the best solution.

I think it should be an exp requirement (I'd say around 30M exp) spread on atleast 8 skills, while each has to have atleast 500K-2M exp.

I also think the member requirement should be around 70M exp spread on atleast 15-16 skills, while each has to have atleast 500K-2M exp.

Lastly, I believe the F2P world requirement should only count your F2P total level and exp (as in, only count HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged, Magic, Prayer, Runecrafting, Crafting, Mining, Smithing, Fishing, Firemaking, Woodcutting and Cooking.)