Steel Sentinels

quelmotz

This thread is just for any sort of general discussion regarding Steel Sentinels, be it strategy, builds, rants about the poor rating system, etc.

I myself am a quite experience S.S. player, having played 200 rated games (and far more unrated games) and having a rating of 1809. I also have quite a lot of achievements and such too, though I don't want to sacrifice my rating to try and get some of the tougher achievements like Fusion Tag. Personally I prefer Rifled Sniper Cannons.

I tried it, finished the tutorial. Seemed like a good game but I decided to not play it due to it being like arcanists with the aiming, so I didnt wanna screw my skills up.

Mayy just maaayyy pick it up though.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I was one of the first firebomb users. I use either an Orbital or an Aquila. They come in handy for flying, which I can do without ever needing to land. I like to think of myself different from the firebomb spammers though since I don't fire every single place and I stop for my team.

@RayOxide: I recommend you give it a thorough chance. It's far from Arcanists as it's not turn-based, so it adds a lot of tension as you don't have the time to slowly calculate your moves and all that. And I find it more "advanced", if you know what I mean. Furthermore, even F2P players can have a decent chance at getting high rating, like me, unlike arcanists where F2P can't even touch a rated game.

@Life_mage12: Yeah, I enjoyed the game earlier on, when there weren't so many artillery spammers. I just jumped in with my slave gunner and slaughtered just about anything in my way. It was a great feeling that almost nothing could stop you. I often got longest killing streaks of like 6+ people or something lol. Anyway now the "golden age" of gunners is over. I've already long switched to the superior RSC, but sometimes I still de-stress in unrated games with the gunner slave. And it still works well in maps like city where there are few artillery users.

• 2 weeks later...

its a shame, i'd love to participate.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

And anyway I'd have to be playing at about 10-11 a.m. Singapore time (which I can't anyway). That'll be about 8-10 p.m. US time...depending on where in US you stay.

Off-topic: Linkzelda, what's your FunOrb username? Mine is the same - Quelmotz regardless of RS or FunOrb.

And anyway I'd have to be playing at about 10-11 a.m. Singapore time (which I can't anyway). That'll be about 8-10 p.m. US time...depending on where in US you stay.

Off-topic: Linkzelda, what's your FunOrb username? Mine is the same - Quelmotz regardless of RS or FunOrb.

Jesse Attack... why, you looking for a fight?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

• 2 weeks later...
View Postquelmotz, on 03 December 2009 - 10:37 PM, said:

Jesse Attack... why, you looking for a fight?

Where do you live? If you live in US then I'm ~~15 hours ahead...so if you play at about 9p.m. I'll have to play at 12 noon or so...

yeah, im U.S., east coast. im usually available 10 am to 9 pm, monday thu thursday.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png