17th November 2009 - Potions, Spells and Runes

Jon Arcane

Btw how exactly have the Duel Tournaments been re-worked again? Only time I went there was for a week to rank it.

Nothing major, they've bound people to one registar and they put all high levels in the highest one. As a result, people who've been stuck with 1900+ ranks are now able to find open tournaments again. :D

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing rex might become very good xp now. Used to be around 50k/h if I recall right and is now bumped upto around 100k. (probably more like 80)

I though you was talking about using surge, but the base exp for the god spells has changed to 61 from 35.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Cannons will no longer waste cannonballs on NPCs in the process of dying. You can now also top up the ammo when it's already firing and theres an auto-setup feature.

What's the deal with this? You could always refill cannons as they were firing. I finally got around trying out my cannon in game and couldn't notice anything (besides auto-setup which is half useful).

Update to RC was overdue, there's little real arguement against it. Almost every skill you get at least a tiny bit better every level up but with RC you could get 40+ levels and have little to no improvements for certain runes. Even firemaking gets better each level.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Cannons will no longer waste cannonballs on NPCs in the process of dying. You can now also top up the ammo when it's already firing and theres an auto-setup feature.

What's the deal with this? You could always refill cannons as they were firing. I finally got around trying out my cannon in game and couldn't notice anything (besides auto-setup which is half useful).

Update to RC was overdue, there's little real arguement against it. Almost every skill you get at least a tiny bit better every level up but with RC you could get 40+ levels and have little to no improvements for certain runes. Even firemaking gets better each level.

Cannons always used to fire at 0hp monsters who were in the process of their dying animation; they ignore them now.

Also I do believe you could ONLY refil a cannon as it fired its last cannonball (eg putting 30 in it), even though it was technically still "firing" - this update would mean u can top if off at anytime.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see why the modern magic spellbook even needed an update. Nobody asked for it. And the fact that its members only doesnt help. Mage was already pretty damn good in pvp in members, and virtually no one is going to use these spells in fights. I mean, why use a lv 95 mage fire spell that can hit 28 when you can pk with a lv 94 ice spell that does 30 damage AND freezes the guy? Seemed completely unnecessary to release these spells. F2P is what needed a desperate mage upgrade. With a max hit of 16 (compared to over 30 of meleers) and virtually no defence bonus, mages are incredibly easy targets. in 1v1s over 100 combat in f2p, maging is suicidal. Believe me, I've maged 1v1s and clan fights in pvp for many months when i wasnt a member. In clans mages are the first to die because of their low def and threat of tbing/binding (by the qway, binding sucks in 1v1s). In 1v1s, meleers either take off armor or will bone you through your robes and their armor won't matter much anyway. To date I've only won 1 fight with a full runer at 115 f2p combat, and that was only beause he had the decency to run when he was totally out of food (not expecting me to carry bind) but when he was binded and under 10hp and dead for sure, he teled. It's insanely hard for mages to get ko's in f2p 1v1s without relying 90% on another attack style for the ko's.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Also I do believe you could ONLY refil a cannon as it fired its last cannonball (eg putting 30 in it), even though it was technically still "firing" - this update would mean u can top if off at anytime.

This is incorrect. You have always been able to refill your cannon while it was firing half full.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

This is incorrect. You have always been able to refill your cannon while it was firing half full.

I culda sworn it was like that at som point or other, but I'm not a big cannon user.

Maybe jagex nerfed it a few weeks bk and no-one really noticed or something? lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I used the cannon about 3 days before this update and I was loading up 20 to 30 at a time whilst it was firing.

I didn't get a delay or any issues.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I used the cannon about 3 days before this update and I was loading up 20 to 30 at a time whilst it was firing.

I didn't get a delay or any issues.

You just click on the cannon now to reload, dont have to use cballs on it.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I don't see why the modern magic spellbook even needed an update. Nobody asked for it.

Just cause you didn't doesn't mean others did. I personally think it makes mage training with combat a better alternative now... well after all the merching crap stops.

Normal magics still need an update for pvp so that people can actually pk with them, and thats to make entangle spells not be half the time :| 7.5 second entangles are dumb. The TB should still be the way it is though...

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I don't see why the modern magic spellbook even needed an update. Nobody asked for it.

Just cause you didn't doesn't mean others did. I personally think it makes mage training with combat a better alternative now... well after all the merching crap stops.

Normal magics still need an update for pvp so that people can actually pk with them, and thats to make entangle spells not be half the time :| 7.5 second entangles are dumb. The TB should still be the way it is though...

Why are there always cabbagey people around who think that an update no one asks for has no need to be added, even on tip.it? I don't think anyone asked for different weapon speed system either, and people were happy to swing their 2-handers around and use the old system. There wasn't even a forum for you to ask for anything.

Cabbage is the new adjective for me \:D/

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Few Recent Updates that have not been posted yet and are not big enough to make a full topic about:

Hi everybody,

We've recently made a change to the way Fruit Bats work in the Duel Arena.

We don't want to see anybody wasting Summoning scrolls trying to get Papaya from their nocturnal buddy, so we thought we should tell you that Fruit Bats will only produce Pineapples whilst in the Duel Arena.

We will update this to work in a nicer manner in the future, as we don't want to break legitimate Summoning, but needed to make this a quick fix.

Cheers,

Mod Mark H

System Update...

This update will fix the problems that have been causing players to crash or temporarily disconnect when playing Soul Wars. This was occuring at the end of the game and should no longer happen.

This should be the last one of these this week.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Mod Nexus.

Hey everyone,

Due to a number of the staff involved with preparing and writing the Recent Update FAQ being ill this week - it wasn't finished in time and subsequently didn't get posted. While there were some senior developers in, we wanted to make sure that the right people answered the questions for a clearer answer.

I'm sure that Emilee, when she returns on Monday, will be able to finalise the FAQ and *hopefully* get it posted early next week.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,

Mod Timbo

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape