Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

17th November 2009 - Potions, Spells and Runes

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

swampjedi
[ Display Name History ]

swampjedi

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:swampjedi
Frankly, I bet the curve is pretty weak, probably some sort of exponential. I'd guess that it would top out at say 50% chance for 2x natures at 90 rc, maybe 25% at 89, and down to like 5% at <80.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Good job, everyone, for buying out G.E. of Bloods.

:thumbup:

Smelly wins at 25K bloods.

T'was a moral victory for the sock.
Posted Image

Rageman192
[ Display Name History ]

Rageman192

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Nagmare

Well, jagex finally did it...they ruined rcing.

p.s. Im talking about rewarding people that stick to it, which to me was always a big part of the skill, so really they just ruined it for me.

How did they exactly ruin it?

Awkward Talking Fish
[ Display Name History ]

Awkward Talking Fish

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I think they shouldn't have done the runecrafting stuff, but the rest is good-ish but doesn't really affect me. :D

hohto
[ Display Name History ]

hohto

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RSN:Hohto
  • Clan:TR

and at the other end of the stick I'm sure 91+ would have a chance of 3 natures per essence?
which would keep it balanced

At lvl 98 I haven't gotten any extras, at least not yet. However if it works like Swampjedi predicts, the chances to get 3 at lvl 98 (or 99) are really minimal. I'll try to pay some attention and report here if I get some extra runes.
Posted Image

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

mario_sunny
[ Display Name History ]

mario_sunny

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,412 posts
Sorry I'm on ancients right now and I dropped my camulet ages ago. Can someone post a picture of one of the new surge spells?
Posted Image
By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Mordendravid
[ Display Name History ]

Mordendravid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • RSN:Mordendravid

Does this affect the gap from 44-91 runecrafting?

If so, long term, it will really hurt the benefit of geting 91 rc.

I believe it does, and agree with you.

I guess the impact of this change will depend on the shape of the "curve", my hope would be that the curve is based upon xp rather than level, since the mid point between 44-91 in levels is 68, whereas the midpoint in terms of xp is 2,979,240 (lvl 84).

If (lacking any real data) we assume that at the midpoint you have a 50% chance of crafting 2 runes per ess, that effectively equates to 1.5 nats per ess. That's a massive boost for lvl 68, but quite a fair (imho) bonus for those at level 84... Looks like we'll have to wait and see how the curve is appiled.
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman

does this now mean that wolpertinger scroll is the exact same as extreme mage pot? in fact slightly better since u can just use a cheap scroll once per minute to repot, and wolpertinger IS ALLOWED IN PVP so YOU CAN STILL HIT MAX WITH MAGE IN PVP! jsut takes some summoning, scroll outside, dismiss, then go hit 40s with barrage

I think that's exactly what it means! :blink:

Wow yeah, in some way not too bad cause 92 summoning isnt exactly easy to get either. But yeah, I was planning to do some ice barraging with the old extremem age potions, enjoying hitting 46's but I guess that is out now (it's now 40's or so?).

qeltar
[ Display Name History ]

qeltar

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Your run mode setting is now stored between logins.

After all these years.. they finally did it!

*dances*

I'm pretty sure they used to have it but for some reason was taken out sometime during this year. In the last few weeks I have noticed it so much and it has really been annoying me.

Unless for some reason it never bothered me before and only recently?

As someone who has been wanting this for years, I assure you this is new. :)
Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok
Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!
Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!
Posted Image

Nabbagad
[ Display Name History ]

Nabbagad

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 2,877 posts
  • RSN:Nabbagad

Your run mode setting is now stored between logins.

After all these years.. they finally did it!

*dances*

I'm pretty sure they used to have it but for some reason was taken out sometime during this year. In the last few weeks I have noticed it so much and it has really been annoying me.

Unless for some reason it never bothered me before and only recently?

As someone who has been wanting this for years, I assure you this is new. :)

Ok I must be getting mixed up with something like attack style since I've only just started playing again :P
Posted Image
My 99s (7)

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts
I like the update on rc because they made it more profitable for lower lvls and I really hate that skill. I can understand the frustration of high rc'ers though, it is not cool to see your hard work go partly down the drain. (same goes for wc capes before ivy)

But the mage update...
1) They nerved extreme magic potions. Hard.
-> why? I was training herblore atm and you took away 90% of my incentive.
2) They made some new spells with the highest requiring 95 magic, maximum damage of 28. All good, but the god spells hit 30 and require 80 magic (60 for the spell, 80 for charge)
-> a huge gap between 80 and 95 magic, yet no higher hits?

LatinII
[ Display Name History ]

LatinII

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • RSN:Atrum
Go and grab your wolpertinger, drink a magic potion, and wear your master wand, and you'll get a 46% boost! Hitting 47s with Miasmic Barrage and 44s with Ice Barrage, and you'll have the potential to hit up to 91 if you stack these 2 spells. Woah!

D Jay99
[ Display Name History ]

D Jay99

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,105 posts
  • RSN:D Jay99

2) They made some new spells, with the highest requiring 95 magic and maximum damage of 28. All good, but the god spells hit 30 and require 80 magic (60 for the spell and 80 for charge)

That is indeed weird, especially since you was able to use any staff to cast god spells since the last magic update, and 1 death/1 blood is barely cheaper than 2 bloods.

Go and grab your wolpertinger, drink a magic potion, and wear your master wand, and you'll get a 46% boost! Hitting 47s with Miasmic Barrage and 44s with Ice Barrage, and you'll have the potential to hit up to 91 if you stack these 2 spells. Woah!

Does the wolpertinger boost stack with the extreme magic potion boost? :blink:
Posted Image

LatinII
[ Display Name History ]

LatinII

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • RSN:Atrum

2) They made some new spells, with the highest requiring 95 magic and maximum damage of 28. All good, but the god spells hit 30 and require 80 magic (60 for the spell and 80 for charge)

That is indeed weird, especially since you was able to use any staff to cast god spells since the last magic update, and 1 death/1 blood is barely cheaper than 2 bloods.

Does the wolpertinger boost stack with the extreme magic potion boost? :blink:

I'm pretty sure the wolpertinger stacks with a normal magic potion.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
Mixed feelings here.

They nerf the non pvp extreme mage pretty badly, from 40% to 21% and make the difference with normal pots only 6%, which is a bit small in my opinion. I think a +10 magic boost would have been more suitable. Now the "extreme" in the potion sounds a overdone, especially if you can use a wolpertinger, which is cheaper, and can be used in normal pvp.

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
I wonder, does Jagex not realize that deaths and bloods cost the same at this point? And yet they did nothing like add a duplication point somewhere between 91-99 for deaths. So fire surge is effectively more expensive to cast than flames of zamorak, hits less, has no special effect, and a quite cheesy animation if I may submit that one as well. Well, for barrows purposes, I think I'll stick to fire wave. Or maybe upgrade to claws of guthix like a few barrowers have recommended.

Dormado
[ Display Name History ]

Dormado

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 514 posts
Okay after trying out my new spells, with which i am going to dominate, i must say:

AWESOME UPDATE.

lets the "hawtness" speak for itself:

Posted Image
The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Perakp
[ Display Name History ]

Perakp

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • RSN:Perakp
  • Clan:TSG
Were the magic attacks of npc's affected? for example infernal mages

Neglexis
[ Display Name History ]

Neglexis

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • RSN:Neglexis
I'm quite sure that the extra runes update doesn't count for levels above 99.

I've only tested this with laws though, of which the double level should be in the beginning of 100's.
With my 78 runecrafting I never managed to get more rune than ess, while at natures I was getting around 38% more nature runes :)

Although, I predict that natures WILL have a huge price drop, so I'd sell most of your nats now people ;)
Posted Image

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?
Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,
and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!
Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Eechye_124
[ Display Name History ]

Eechye_124

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts

Fire Surge with Extreme at Barrow

Quality will improve once process is complete
Barrow Drop : 168 + D Med x4

Proud Owner Of KQ Head
Proud Owner Of Abyssal Demon Head x2

0 user(s) are reading this topic