17th November 2009 - Potions, Spells and Runes

Jon Arcane

I wonder, does Jagex not realize that deaths and bloods cost the same at this point? And yet they did nothing like add a duplication point somewhere between 91-99 for deaths. So fire surge is effectively more expensive to cast than flames of zamorak, hits less, has no special effect, and a quite cheesy animation if I may submit that one as well. Well, for barrows purposes, I think I'll stick to fire wave. Or maybe upgrade to claws of guthix like a few barrowers have recommended.

Yeah, I dont really get it. Lvl 80 spell > lvl 95 spell in any circumstance? Am I missing some catch here or is this buyout of deaths and bloods just plain stupid, considering nobody in their right mind should use these spells over mage arena spells.

Also, I've been reading that before the update, extreme magic potions only had a damage boost on one target, is this true? (so you would only be able to hit 46 on one rock lobster and normal damage would apply to the others). If this is true, does it still apply or have they updated it. If they did, then rock lobsters will be faster rather than slower.

ah, but you seem not to understand that the god spells dont have the potential to be used with boosting wands. And the level diffirence only occurs because the god spells only draw power from the god's not use your (rune) own power, thus it is way harder to master, but is way more potent.

Aren't you forgetting about void knight mace?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, does Jagex not realize that deaths and bloods cost the same at this point? And yet they did nothing like add a duplication point somewhere between 91-99 for deaths. So fire surge is effectively more expensive to cast than flames of zamorak, hits less, has no special effect, and a quite cheesy animation if I may submit that one as well. Well, for barrows purposes, I think I'll stick to fire wave. Or maybe upgrade to claws of guthix like a few barrowers have recommended.

Yeah, I dont really get it. Lvl 80 spell > lvl 95 spell in any circumstance? Am I missing some catch here or is this buyout of deaths and bloods just plain stupid, considering nobody in their right mind should use these spells over mage arena spells.

Also, I've been reading that before the update, extreme magic potions only had a damage boost on one target, is this true? (so you would only be able to hit 46 on one rock lobster and normal damage would apply to the others). If this is true, does it still apply or have they updated it. If they did, then rock lobsters will be faster rather than slower.

ah, but you seem not to understand that the god spells dont have the potential to be used with boosting wands. And the level diffirence only occurs because the god spells only draw power from the god's not use your (rune) own power, thus it is way harder to master, but is way more potent.

You can use void mace with claws of guthix to get the 10% bonus.

I've frequently hit 33 on rex with claws of guthix

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Forgot about the mace... But my point stands valid, you still have to use a god-based staff (mace in this case) and the power is simply borrowed from gods, not harnessed by yourself, thus making the level req. lower.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Forgot about the mace... But my point stands valid, you still have to use a god-based staff (mace in this case) and the power is simply borrowed from gods, not harnessed by yourself, thus making the level req. lower.

Oh, OK, in that case let's make a quest where the reward is being spiritually linked to the Stone of Jas, giving you a level 70 spell that lets you hit 60s. I mean, it's alright as long as it's not our own power, amirite?

The Runecrafting update makes all the sense to me. I always found it illogical that you became no better at crafting runes for 45+ levels (from 44 to 90 RC, discounting the essence pouches), then when you're 5 xp away from 91, you craft a single more rune from the tens of thousands you had already crafted before and then BAM!, suddenly divine illumination comes to you and you realize out-of-nowhere how to improve your RC efficiency 100%!

As you gain cooking levels, you don't burn all the same rate until you reach the non-burning level. As you level, you improve gradually. The same thing for mining, woodcutting, fishing and so many other skills. So why should RC be different? Like I said, the previous system was illogical and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

I have a friend whose RC level is 86. He made a nat trip carrying 52 essence and came out with 76 nats, wich is a 44% improvement. He had to leave and couldn't do more trips, but I imagine the rate doesn't deviate too much from that. If it does, I'll come back and edit this, but for now I say: Despite being 5 levels away from 91, he's only 44% better than a 44 RC'er, while a 91 is 100%. So it's still quite a big difference between being 91 and less than that. It is still an useful and respectable achievement.

Oh, OK, in that case let's make a quest where the reward is being spiritually linked to the Stone of Jas, giving you a level 70 spell that lets you hit 60s. I mean, it's alright as long as it's not our own power, amirite?

If it was may choice I'd make such a quest, really, but with insane other lvl req's and drawbacks, but unfortunately I do not decide what quests shall be created. And yes such quest would be extremely epic, thanks for the idea, i noted it for future referance.

Needed to repair my pouches so decided to visit the Nature Altar instead of the bloody altar, I made 96 Nature runes out of 58 pure essence, 20 less than if I made them at 91.

Guess I may as well start nature crafting now whilst there's still some money to be made from it.

I just did a lot of math last night on runecrafting... While I'm pleased that we now get a better multiplier, it really screws up all that figuring I did.

:wall:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The Runecrafting update makes all the sense to me. I always found it illogical that you became no better at crafting runes for 45+ levels (from 44 to 90 RC, discounting the essence pouches), then when you're 5 xp away from 91, you craft a single more rune from the tens of thousands you had already crafted before and then BAM!, suddenly divine illumination comes to you and you realize out-of-nowhere how to improve your RC efficiency 100%! It is like if someone spent their entire life doodling stickmen on paper, never improving his skill or style, and then after the 13,556th doodle he suddenly learns how to paint like Michelangelo.

As you gain cooking levels, you don't burn all the same rate until you reach the non-burning level. As you level, you improve gradually. The same thing for mining, woodcutting, fishing and so many other skills. So why should RC be different? Like I said, the previous system was illogical and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

I have a friend whose RC level is 86. He made a nat trip carrying 52 essence and came out with 76 nats, wich is a 44% improvement. He had to leave and couldn't do more trips, but I imagine the rate doesn't deviate too much from that. If it does, I'll come back and edit this, but for now I say: Despite being 5 levels away from 91, he's only 44% better than a 44 RC'er, while a 91 RC'er is 100% better. A difference of 56% in 5 levels. So being 91 RC is still a whole lot better; this update has not dimmed the glory of double natting :)

The Runecrafting update makes all the sense to me. I always found it illogical that you became no better at crafting runes for 45+ levels (from 44 to 90 RC, discounting the essence pouches), then when you're 5 xp away from 91, you craft a single more rune from the tens of thousands you had already crafted before and then BAM!, suddenly divine illumination comes to you and you realize out-of-nowhere how to improve your RC efficiency 100%!

I have a friend whose RC level is 86. He made a nat trip carrying 52 essence and came out with 76 nats, wich is a 44% improvement. He had to leave and couldn't do more trips, but I imagine the rate doesn't deviate too much from that. If it does, I'll come back and edit this, but for now I say: Despite being 5 levels away from 91, he's only 44% better than a 44 RC'er, while a 91 RC'er is 100% better. A difference of 56% in 5 levels. So being 91 RC is still a whole lot better; this update has not dimmed the glory of double natting :)

It definitely has. Now that RCers with 70+ make as much money as 82 rcers do with 2x astral, both nats and astrals will go down quite a bit.

All in all, 91+ rcers got completely hosed.

It definitely has. Now that RCers with 70+ make as much money as 82 rcers do with 2x astral, both nats and astrals will go down quite a bit.

Maybe at lower slayer levels you should have a chance of hitting monsters then?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I think if RC had originally been designed like this would be cool about it. It's just that it's been out for so long that people can't accept change.

Yes it does kinda screw people over who grinded up to 91RC. But at that level you are still guaranteed 2x natures where as someone with 90 won't get 100% 2x.. So it's not all bad.. Rune prices are going to slightly plummet I feel.. Balls. And just when pure essence is actually dropping for once.

And it does make sense inline with most other skills.

asrhasrh.jpg

Maybe, but I don't think that Slayer is a skill that could use such a system, making you only partially hit? hit only once 3 hits? what did you have in mind?>

I think if RC had originally been designed like this would be cool about it. It's just that it's been out for so long that people can't accept change.

Yes it does kinda screw people over who grinded up to 91RC. But at that level you are still guaranteed 2x natures where as someone with 90 won't get 100% 2x.. So it's not all bad.. Rune prices are going to slightly plummet I feel.. Balls. And just when pure essence is actually dropping for once.

And it does make sense inline with most other skills.

I believe a player training runecraft from level 44 to 99 now would have more nature runes, which should counter the slight fall in price of each rune. Yea, it hurts the old players, but which update doesn't? Vines, new mining rocks...the old players will always see these as damaging to their 'respectable' skilcapes, while the new players just see the skills as they are.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Don't think Astrals will go down, they will even go up a bit more at start, because people who used to craft astrals will now move on to natures, making the amount of astrals crafted, and, with a similar demand, astral prices will go up :) Eventually more people will go back at astrals, but the people closer to 91 will still stay at natures.

So I predict, in the long run, natures will fall but we will see a price rise in astrals!

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Don't think Astrals will go down, they will even go up a bit more at start, because people who used to craft astrals will now move on to natures, making the amount of astrals crafted, and, with a similar demand, astral prices will go up :) Eventually more people will go back at astrals, but the people closer to 91 will still stay at natures.

So I predict, in the long run, natures will fall but we will see a price rise in astrals!

Right now, 2x astrals is still more profitable than 1.5x natures.

The two runes are related (both crafted 2x by high level rcers) so they will fall together.

The two runes are related (both crafted 2x by high level rcers) so they will fall together.

Mind explaining me why you think Astrals will fall? Because it makes no sense :)

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Precisely. Suddenly being illuminated on how to kill an Abyssal Demon while having absolutely no clue before, after killing, say, 1 extra Dust Devil from your task is just as ridiculous as RC was before this. What should have been done with Slayer is that you could kill high-level Slayer monsters without having the necessary level, but it would take an awfully long time as you would only hit for example 1 in 30 attacks. Then as you improved Slayer the hit chance would increase... A few levels below the required level, half of the attacks you would have normally have hit if you had the level would instead hit 0. It would have been the most logical thing to do.

Would it be considered uncouth if I belted out the Hallelujah Chorus right now?

I mean, this update is something I've wanted for a while. New mage spells so that it's more equal to other combat types, an extra bonus with mage pots, and to top it all off, the ability to make my own runes at a higher rate. This is amazing....

Time to train my herblore to where I can make mage pots. They're gonna go through the roof, and potato cacti with them. So this kinda sucks for lowish level summoners with a bunch of blue charms.

And also, pure ess shouldn't rise too much. I mean, you can get 150 free just by stopping by Wizard What'shisface in Ardougne with the Ardy Cape 3.

a70c7.png

Mind explaining me why you think Astrals will fall? Because it makes no sense :)

Here's why:

low level - 82 : craft 1.5x nats for profit

82 - 91 : craft 2x astrals for profit

91 - 99 : craft 2x nats for profit

astrals are sandwiched by nats on both sides, so they're inextricably linked.

If they where to match slayer to this update they would increase the drop rate on slayer items that you could already kill. it still takes 44 runecraft to make natures. exp. if u had 83 slayer you would have 1/150 change of boots at 93 slayer you would have say 1/75 chance of getting boots. so basically you still have to have the bass level to get the boots/natures but getting more or either would depend on how high your level is.

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

Here's my response to the magic update:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Gf me hitting 46's with claws of guthix and 33's with ice burst. I guess I'll have to get 95/96 herblore like all the cool kids.

I like that I can use extreme potions in minigames now. Brb, gonna hit 99s in Castlewars.

I'm not sure how I feel about the runecrafting update. It'll mess with the "amgwtf" of 91 runecrafting, but I think it'll make people train runecrafting more. It'll also surely lower the cost of runes, which is good. It'll also mess with some runecrafting "standards". People will not necessarily train astrals at 82, for instance.

<3: the accumulator update.