Why make a skiller account?

cookiestealer222

There are a lot of dumb posts going on here. :P It's just for fun. Why not? I personally don't have a side account, (that I use, I have made other accounts though) but I do understand why people make side accounts. Why make a pure? Why not just raise your combat skills on your main? The same reason people who like to skill make "skilling" accounts.

Blakdragon39.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of dumb posts going on here. :P It's just for fun. Why not? I personally don't have a side account, (that I use, I have made other accounts though) but I do understand why people make side accounts. Why make a pure? Why not just raise your combat skills on your main? The same reason people who like to skill make "skilling" accounts.

Low level pking is completely different from high level pking and there's many differences in between the two. Some people enjoy a certain type of pking so they make accounts which stay in that specific level group.

That's why people make skilling accounts?

Zerker_jane.png

Low level pking is completely different from high level pking and there's many differences in between the two. Some people enjoy a certain type of pking so they make accounts which stay in that specific level group.

Yeah it's extremely fun to lvl cooking between lvl 50 and 70!

Yeah it's extremely fun to lvl cooking between lvl 50 and 70!

Your concept of fun is not the same as everyone else. Some people might find cooking to be fun.

The reason people make skillers, or any other kind of alt for that matter, is 1 of 3 reasons, or a combination of the 3:

1) Fun (it's a game. If you aren't having fun at any time, log out.)

2) Relaxation (Fishing, Cooking, Fletching, RCing via Abyss, etc.)

3) Self-Imposed Challenge (Just to see if they can do something others would think impossible or impressive)

EVERY account falls into 1 or more of those 3 reasons. If you don't, you're doing it wrong and need to find another hobby.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Because some skillers are awesome and you get the 9234567543 people who want to emulate that skiller.

I was very impressed seeing a level 3 with a slayer cape, more so than I would be seeing a level 138 with one. Same goes for skills like mining, runecrafting, herblore etc.

Although I understand the slayer point somewhat (despite Soul Wars), why do level 3s with skills that require absolutely no combat impress you? e.g. Herblore

Just me being curious :P

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

They should add your total level beside your combat level in this game. as it is now the only way you can tell if somone is not a noob is their combat level, im to lazy to look them up on highscores.

For whatever reason when i see a low combat level i assume noob. Skillers are all noobs to me.

Fools_Taco.png

Because some skillers are awesome and you get the 9234567543 people who want to emulate that skiller.

I was very impressed seeing a level 3 with a slayer cape, more so than I would be seeing a level 138 with one. Same goes for skills like mining, runecrafting, herblore etc.

Although I understand the slayer point somewhat (despite Soul Wars), why do level 3s with skills that require absolutely no combat impress you? e.g. Herblore

Just me being curious :P

The commitment.

Zerker_jane.png

For whatever reason when i see a low combat level i assume noob. Skillers are all noobs to me.

Rare, though, does one know this themselves and will openly admit to being a noob without provocation. See the bolded, since your "clan" is the "Skilling Guild."

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Low level skilling is completely different from high level skilling, and there's many differences between the two. Some people enjoy a certain type of skilling, so they make accounts to be in that specific group.

So.. yes, it looks like that's why people make skilling accounts.

EDIT: By the way, if something is completely different from something else, it's a bit redundant to say there's many differences between them. :P

Blakdragon39.png

As many skills are afkable you can train 2 side by side, they do make training slightly more challenging and slightly more fun, it's by far easier training one account but if you can afk 2 accounts at the same time why not? It does however, make you limited to the skills you can train at the time of training both though, as it is impossible to effectively train agility on 2 accounts symaltaniously but training fishing on 2 is perfectly possible. In my case I do have another account for when I get the urge to train combat (I regard myself as a non combat skiller) I can do it without gaining a combat level on my main, or I go to sc and get some tools along the way.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

Why do you buy different clothes instead of 50 of your favorite outfit?

Because you'd look like a dirty, unoriginal tramp walking round the in the same outfit day after day. Get a fashion sense please.

Wtf is this? My question was obviously a rhetorical question meant to prove a point...

People get tired of seeing the same thing every day.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

EDIT: By the way, if something is completely different from something else, it's a bit redundant to say there's many differences between them. :P

That's not what I meant. I meant in between high and low level pking there's differences every now and again between each group, like level 1 - 40 level 50 - 70 level 80 - 85 etc.

Zerker_jane.png

I like to create many accounts to meet new people, have more Goals, use different ways to Lvl up skills then I did on Matt258. When I'm Rank #1 Overall then I would say in my Interview: I have LOTS of Accounts that I play on ;)

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Because the internet is full of people who like to enact ridiculous, over the top restrictions on themselves.

It's like huge number of people who post videos of themselves playing through Final Fantasy with restrictions like 1 character, all white mages, all monks, no reviving, etc.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Because people are morons.

Make a new account, and get untrimmed slayer. Then, try saying that statement again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Some people make skilling accounts to set themselves a challenge. A challenge of getting to a certain total level while being L-3, showing off this 'awesome' total level for someone who would get considered a "noob" and putting the aggressor to shame. I'm sure quite a few skillers have shut people up by quickchatting their 99s to people calling them noobs - that's a satisfaction worth waiting for.

libertherme.png

I am sure everyone at some point in playing Runescape has heard the lines:(In response to being called a noob) "This not my main""Im goin to get my main and kick your cabbage"or maybe even the claim they have a party hat set on their other account.Now, I know many players will create a separate account for combat as long their accounts don't "interact." There are also the few who go for titles like lowest level with fire cape. However, I have no idea why people make accounts just for skills. I recall an old friend who made a separate account to just woodcut. Why not spend all your time on one account? This isn't Diablo where new builds are always exciting.Staking is gone, so why do you/others create new accounts?

Kinda cool how your last couple lines lined up, lol.

I have a skiller, I made her while I was firemaking to get away from "it all". It was easier to level on her with the lower skills. As I said, kind of an escape from my main, people don't know me on her, I can talk without getting barraged with a ton of pmod questions.

4 lulz/attention. No point other than that, since you can skill on your main.

As I said above, an escape, something different. It is kind of a challenge to do it on a level 3. I don't think it is impressive to do what I have, others have done a lot better, but it is kinda fun.

Because people are morons.

Much like the ignorant poster of this comment. ^

35b9enp.jpg

I often asked my friend why he does it because I see no point in it. The wealth you make through skills.. The wealth you make through drops.. Why not combine it for more wealth.. It's stupid

WildernessGuardSigmadebyFir.gif

Feel free to stop by our community for lots of new experiences, alot of new friendly faces and proffesional ingame experience.

Visit us at:

WG forums

WG Memberlist

I'm a skiller. Kinda.

The only reason why I'm a skiller and not moreso combat based is because I did enough combat on my old main account to make me completely sick of it.

Yanno, this same question could be asked for people with mains who now play on Pures.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I'd personally do it for one of two reasons;

1) To train a skill I've already maxed but enjoy to level. An example of this is Magic, it's my favourite skill to level up, but I personally don't give a damn about experience in it, I just like levelling it. Hence, I made my nub, which has high magic, low mellees/range, and skills, as thats what I personally enjoy about Runescape; Magic, Fletching and Slayer. Every other skill is a chore to me, and as on my main my mellees are already maxed I see little point in using them anymore.

2) High level skills and content is extremely boring. I love the challenge of starting from scratch, and earning my way up. For example, I'd never even consider mining Ess on my main, as its a senseless waste of time. On a noob however, its relaxing, good money and trains me up all at once, something I can't get on my main. Plus, lets face it; out of the 20 or so skills we currently have, maybe 5? have rewards that are worth training for past 85.And of those skills, Smithing/Summ/Con is a huge money sink, and Fletching has no rewards worth getting it up for, unless you enjoy the skill. I suppose Herblore can be added here as well; but I dislike it. :).

As for raising skills for E-Fame, lets be honest. Theres really not much left you can do. Handicapping yourself for a 99 by smithing bronze bars or something stupid isn't an achievement, unless stupidity counts as a skill. If Vill can get 99 Slayer with level 10 Hitpoints, every other achievement really means nothing lol.

oversized.jpg[/bads]