Tip.It Forum Skin

I love the new skin, but I know of a really annoying bug.

Whenever I try typing comments in user profiles, it lags like hell.

Other than that, nicely done. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but on my computer (Mac OS.X version 10.4) these forums are now amazingly stretched. It is ridiculous, as in each topic takes up a page of space. Any help?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I 'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but on my computer (Mac OS.X version 10.4) these forums are now amazingly stretched. It is ridiculous, as in each topic takes up a page of space. Any help?

The OS doesn't matter that much, what matters is which browser you are using (and the version).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If you do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5 normally), the fonts have been reverted to font-families that everyone has by default, which should stop the issues where it changes font after loading.

Thanks the text is now back to being nice and normal size and does change.

Now I have no reason not to like this theme.

Great job :thumbsup:

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The OS doesn't matter that much, what matters is which browser you are using (and the version).

The Mac+Safari combination does exactly what warrior outlined. However in Mac+Firefox or Windows+Safari, the issue doesn't appear.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

The Mac+Safari combination does exactly what warrior outlined. However in Mac+Firefox or Windows+Safari, the issue doesn't appear.

I have a mac myself, and I don't see any difference at all between the safari and the firefox page. I use the last safari and the last firefox for mac. I said the OS doesn't matter at all, what matters is the browser my statement is true but safari for windows and safari for mac are two whole different programs, so you are right about saying which os you use (to indicate which browser it is). sorry for the confusion there.

However mac os tiger (10.4) doesn't use the same browser as I do (as computers with 10.4 are 90% PPC so they use an other program then intel computers to. So the best solution would just to say which version of which browser he uses :)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I use Safari and a Mac and have no problems :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I use Safari and a Mac and have no problems :)

I don't right now, but I did earlier, I swear. :P

I'll post if it comes up again.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Here's a bug worth ironing out: the theme is too dark! I thought this was Tip.It, not an amateur clan screaming HURR DURR LOOK WE R SO DARK ND MISTERIOS.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Here's a bug worth ironing out: the theme is too dark! I thought this was Tip.It, not an amateur clan screaming HURR DURR LOOK WE R SO DARK ND MISTERIOS.

Hmm, I think you might be on to something. When the theme was created, I'm sure "HURR DURR LOOK WE R SO DARK ND MISTERIOS" crossed the minds of the creators. You're definately onto something there.

However, I do not believe it is too dark. I think it goes well with the main site, and is friendly on the eyes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Why does dark = amateur clan?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Because that's the stereotype. And a very bad one at that.

Amateur Clans... you can tell they are from a multitude of things, the design just means their 'dev' team isn't exactly top notch or just can't be bothered.

Hmm, I think you might be on to something. When the theme was created, I'm sure "HURR DURR LOOK WE R SO DARK ND MISTERIOS" crossed the minds of the creators. You're definately onto something there.

However, I do not believe it is too dark. I think it goes well with the main site, and is friendly on the eyes.

I don't think it is friendly for the eyes, my eyes hurt when I look at the white text. And I don't want to change my preferences of my computer just for a forum skin. (I saw the same skin at school and it was fine there, it just isn't here)

Retired item crew

I think the darkness is fine. I just think that this particular combo of orange + blue doesn't work so well, so I'm sticking with deflection.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

This is very nice =] Will their be skins available to change into like the past forums?

Other skins remain available to use. Scroll to the bottom left corner of the page to quickly change skins.

Unless you mean other colour schemes?

This is very nice =] Will their be skins available to change into like the past forums?

Other skins remain available to use. Scroll to the bottom left corner of the page to quickly change skins.

Unless you mean other colour schemes?

Yes, thats what I mean. The black on the last forums was very nice =]

EDIT: The forum skin "Deflection" is very nice, thanks!

• 3 months later...

I love the new skin, but I know of a really annoying bug.

Whenever I try typing comments in user profiles, it lags like hell.

Other than that, nicely done. :thumbup:

Nevermind, this and the lag with the edit button has been fixed. Nice job! :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention