Getting a six-pack

nerdboyxxx

I am currenty going for a six-pack. Now, I need some good information on this. I am well built everywhere except the stomach, and it is pissing me off how much it stands out. Basically, I need some good information on getting a six-pack. What I really need to know is:

Effective exercises

A good guide for a diet plan

Any other advice

Thanks for any help :)

disturbeda.png

I am currenty going for a six-pack. Now, I need some good information on this. I am well built everywhere except the stomach, and it is pissing me off how much it stands out. Basically, I need some good information on getting a six-pack. What I really need to know is:

Effective exercises

Any other advice

age, current height, current weight, available equipment, available funds, available time. Give us information.

Long story short? Cardio. You dont need to do hundreds of crunches. You just need a low body fat percentage

SoLawny.png

Effective exercises

Any other advice

age, current height, current weight, available equipment, available funds, available time. Give us information.

Long story short? Cardio. You dont need to do hundreds of crunches. You just need a low body fat percentage

14, 120lb, no equipment, not buying anything, plenty of time.

I'll have a look into cardio

disturbeda.png

Effective exercises

Any other advice

14, 120lb, no equipment, not buying anything, plenty of time.

I'll have a look into cardio

Height? At 120 pounds you should already be close, assuming you aren't also 120cm tall. I've got about 70 pounds on you and at 175ish cm im pretty darn short, yet I have pretty decent abs, once I cut back to 175 they are just about perfect.

Get a swiss ball for Christmas. Rebel has a 20% off sale on the 4th of december.

SoLawny.png

I'm currently 5ft 3". I'll have a look into some cheap gear but as of now I'm not shelling out anything. I have all my body fat basically packed onto my stomach area, it isn't sloppy fat or anything but I have to be in a certain position to see my abs. I'm assuming that I'm not far off a visible six-pack (I will have to lose a bit of weight though) so I'll have a look into the swiss ball and cardio, hopefully within a year I'll see some good results...

If anyone else has any info, I'd be grateful :)

disturbeda.png

I'm currently 5ft 3". I'll have a look into some cheap gear but as of now I'm not shelling out anything. I have all my body fat basically packed onto my stomach area, it isn't sloppy fat or anything but I have to be in a certain position to see my abs. I'm assuming that I'm not far off a visible six-pack (I will have to lose a bit of weight though) so I'll have a look into the swiss ball and cardio, hopefully within a year I'll see some good results...

Mate, 6 weeks if you are lazy.

SoLawny.png

Mate, 6 weeks if you are lazy.

Serious? Wow :P

And I do jog, just not enough. I think I'll start upping my daily jog from now on, eat less and try and live a bit healthier. Thanks for all your help guys :)

disturbeda.png

Don't eat less. Eat the same amount, but in smaller portions spread out over the day. Up the intensity of your running, try doing it say two lots of 45 minutes, one in the morning and one at night so you'll be able to push yourself harder than in 1 session. Stop drinking soft drink and juice, avoid fried foods.

SoLawny.png

Thanks for all the help Depresins :). I'm going to start, from tomorrow, following your advice. I'll also start doing some more sit-ups and crunches, just to tone it, although all I really want is for it to be visible.

And if it takes a long time as you say dark, I'll just have to up the ante and get moving heaps more. I don't mind working long and hard for a goal, but I'll go the harder but shorter mile if necessary. Bring it on, world.

disturbeda.png

Bicycle crunches/kicks or whatever you want to call them. Also butterfly crunches KILL ME, basically a normal crunch but your legs are spread apart. With your weight your abs will show the slightest amount of definition, so it shouldn't take more than a month.

thanks assassin and funfish, I'm writing up my exercise regime right now. I'll probably use a mixture of these techniques over a 2-month period, hopefully I'll see some results soon :). I will also curb my calorie intake, basically just trying to stay healthy, and I'll also try and jog more often. Hoping to have a solidly built stomach by next year (or even better, christmas :XD:).

Thank you all for the advice :)

disturbeda.png

If you want to track calories USE THIS WEBSITE

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/myplate/?when=2009-10-25

Seriously, it's god damn amazing.

Once you register go under Daily Plate, then My Plate.

Then search for the food you ate and it will do the rest for you

Ooooh thanks for this! :D it will definitely come in handy.

I just tried some reverse crunches, they do work and are less tiring than sit-ups. Does wonders for your back as well :XD:. I'm also looking into other forms of ab exercises, and I'm also looking for a good nutritional guide so I know what I should/shouldn't eat for the 2 months I'll be training.

If anyone has a nutritional guide that would come in handy, I'd be grateful :).

disturbeda.png

Ooooh thanks for this! :D it will definitely come in handy.

I just tried some reverse crunches, they do work and are less tiring than sit-ups. Does wonders for your back as well :XD:. I'm also looking into other forms of ab exercises, and I'm also looking for a good nutritional guide so I know what I should/shouldn't eat for the 2 months I'll be training.

If anyone has a nutritional guide that would come in handy, I'd be grateful :).

For nutrition I've found this to be the easiest to read.

http://goonlifter.wikispaces.com/Alfalfa%27s+Nutrition%2C+Rest%2C+and+Supplement+Beginner+Guide

A key point is 40/40/20 split. 40% daily calories from protein, 40% from carbs, 20% from fat

yes.png

Ok i shall say this once and once only :P

The KEY to getting a 6-pac doesn't lie in crunches, sit-ups or spending money on vibrating pads. Its simple, lower your fat %.

To achieve a visible "6pac" you need to have around 8% or less body fat,.

A 6pac is built in the kitchen, maintaing a decent (not perfect) diet will clearly help you on your way, cut out alcohol, fizzy drinks etc and you could easily cut back on 300-400 calories a day (3500 calories = 1lb in fat lost)

As for exercieses, anything which works the core muscles will build them, but EVERYBODY has a 6pac, if we didnt we couldn't stand up straight. The secret is to lose the fat over it.

Hope this helped, if you have any questions get in touch :D

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

Tip #1, DONT do crunches.

Go to a local or school gym and try to find an Ab Cruncher machine.

It's like doing a floating curl-up, but it has less strain on the back and shoulders, and more strain on the abs where it's supposed to. Also, they are comfy :)

Some machines you can add extra weight on. By doing 20 curls with 20lbs on it for a week, i already started showing signs of stronger abs.

A month later doing this and now i have a 4 pack.

Good luck with your training :)

Click here to become a Fan of an awesome Facebook page! Tell all your friends :D

168d9fm.png

thanks guys :)

I've always known that exercise is only 20% of getting Abs, I just never knew how much I'd have to cut back. I'm guessing I'll follow some nutrition guides to help me, but I'll keep up my exercise so my Abs are quite strong when I lose some weight.

And I find that crunches are good; I only do reverse crunches though, because they have much less strain on me and I find I am getting the same workout as some sit-ups. It is just paced out a bit more, and my back doesn't kill after ever sesion. Also, I can't afford and can't really get to a gym from where I live, so weights and all that are out of teh question unfortunately :(.

disturbeda.png

Just do more and more sets of pullups/pushups, there is a reason why they are core in the forces :P

a14z78.jpg

Overseer of Tip.it Clan Tournament 2010

Click

here to read the rules || Click here to sign up

`Stu` on #clans (irc.swiftirc.net)

I'm no body builder, i'm a runner (you know that). the first step it to get a low body fat percentage, so if you have to swim, lift, bike, or run, it will be very helpful for your core building.

my goal for last summer was to get a six pack.. by the end of the summer you could say i had one( girls would say "omg u have a six pack? do you work out alot?"). not like those guys on tv but i had what you would call a runners sixpack, somewhat toned but it was usually visible without having to flex. since i already had a low body fat percentage (121 at 5' 11'') i immediatly changed my diet. all i drank was water- this was very helpful. i also ran 3-6 miles a day, swam half a mile each day, and did hanging crunches into my pool (3 sets of 50).

there are a lot of little things that can help- at random times during the day just flex your abs, just do it. you dont have to strain too hard but it will add up. also, you'd be suprised that push-ups actually can help build your core. make sure your doing crunches.

i have heard anywhere from 5-12 weeks to get substantial results in your abs (core area). in the end, your probably going to have to do endless situps,crunches, and pushups to get this region toned. it is widely known as the hardest muscle group to build on.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm no body builder, i'm a runner (you know that). the first step it to get a low body fat percentage, so if you have to swim, lift, bike, or run, it will be very helpful for your core building.

my goal for last summer was to get a six pack.. by the end of the summer you could say i had one( girls would say "omg u have a six pack? do you work out alot?"). not like those guys on tv but i had what you would call a runners sixpack, somewhat toned but it was usually visible without having to flex. since i already had a low body fat percentage (121 at 5' 11'') i immediatly changed my diet. all i drank was water- this was very helpful. i also ran 3-6 miles a day, swam half a mile each day, and did hanging crunches into my pool (3 sets of 50).

there are a lot of little things that can help- at random times during the day just flex your abs, just do it. you dont have to strain too hard but it will add up. also, you'd be suprised that push-ups actually can help build your core. make sure your doing crunches.

i have heard anywhere from 5-12 weeks to get substantial results in your abs (core area). in the end, your probably going to have to do endless situps,crunches, and pushups to get this region toned. it is widely known as the hardest muscle group to build on.

I have been looking to change my diet, but its hard because we don't always buy the foods I should be eating to help reduce body mass. I'm trying for the protien/carb/fat eating plan but its hard to stick to. I have been jogging, swimming and doing lots of exercises to tone that area.

All I relly need help with is making an actual eating plan, or if someone already has an eating plan written up I'd apreciate it if you shared it with me.

disturbeda.png