What video game has influenced your love of video games the most?

Delmark19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also say pokemon, but the yellow version for me.

Decided to edit, and add a few in...

All of the other pokemon games

Dragon Warrior 3 for GBC... One of teh best games ever, i'll still sometimes whip out the GBC and play it, it's that good :thumbup: Love it.

All the Sonic games on the genesis

Another game on the genesis I forgot the name of... some space ship one.

Overall, I think Dragon Warrior 3 is the best game made.

More recently, Borderlands and Oblivion are pretty fun :rolleyes:

2s0cxth.png

1. Final Fantasy 7 was probably the biggest moment for me, it's the greatest game in the world.

2. However Alex the Kid ( original Sega ) was what got me hooked on gaming in the first place.

3. Starcraft opened up the competetive gaming world for me. DotA has since taken its place :thumbsup:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

The original Diablo! My first multiplayer online experience...despite the rampant cheating you could still find legit co-opers and you would spend the night clearing hell with them :D

(Psst! Over here!)

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

I have a few games.

1. Pokemon Crystal was my first Pokemon game. I remember releasing my Cyndaquil out of curiosity, so I caught a hoothoot, trained it to level 100 Noctowl and owned the etire game. Yeah, it is now my favourite pokemon out of them all (Noctowl is just ownage!).

2. Dead Space. My favourite game of all time. You might have heard this before, but I can't get enough of it. Scariest game ever made tbh. It made Alma crawl back into her hole/well/programming code :D

3. Spyro/Crash Series. Were a lot of fun for me as a wee lil' lad (around 3-5). Lotsa guaranteed fun, and Spyro the Dragon has my favourite game music of all-time.

4. Runescape. Without it, I wouldn't be here! My favourite MMO of them all. I've been thrown a lot of adversaries (WoW, Guild Wars + Expansions, EVE Online...) and I come back for more everytime. I delibrately downgraded myself to RSC because it is even better than RS2 for me, so that's saying something.

There you go, my list. I can't pick just one game, thats like saying pick your favourite: ya mum or ya dad (cmon, you can't answer that). But yeah, I'll just leave now...

disturbeda.png

That's a tough one.

I can say way more than one has influenced me, for certain.

Perhaps Age Of Empires did it best. Obsessed falls short of how one could describe I liked that game.

But same goes for Super Mario (some freeware clone on the pc, remarkably true to the real games) and Mechwarrior 2. Those three games must be the three biggest influences, as they were among the first games I had played.

They were the ones to get me hooked, there's no real reasons. They just beat going outside to play. Video games are crippling to your fitness for the rest of your life when you're three.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

Also, this chinese RPG game translated to "The Legend of Sword and Fairy"

Is that the one with the one guy with three girls? If it is then that is mine as well, the plot is just so touching....one of the few games that I have cried on. Also I think it as if you are Chinese and you have never played it, then you are not a gamer. It is that good.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Pokemon Gold, my second favourite RPG and what got me into gaming

Super Metroid, my best game of all time, the only one that has reached perfection so far

Super Mario Galaxy, increadibly level design, controls, looks, music, gameplay, extras.

Portal, increadibly imaginative, one of teh best crafted games i've ever played

Half Life 2, one the few shooter i enjoyed, also, more complex then point and shoot to advance

System Shock 2, read above

TLoZ: Ocarina, what else has to be said about this game?

FF6/Chrono Trigger: Best RPG's ever.

Thats my list :smile:

Sonic (the very first one) and Super Mario Bros

I literally played sonic until I had blisters as big as my thumbs.

SMB well got me into SMB3 and well I love that game to this day.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]