What Thanksgiving Means to You

l0rd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Taiwan/China, so we do not celebrate Thanksgiving.

If I did, though, I would think about the turkeys, and how awesome they taste. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Something about eating Turkey and yams, the latter I still haven't figured out what they are ...

And Saruman, you'd lose that bet.

What ARE yams anyway? they sound like a horrible mixture of cherries, alcohol paste and crushed ants. O.o

Popoto.~<3

I am just annoyed that as someone who doesnt celebrate / ever will have anything to do with thanksgiving it is forced down my throut by jagex, and is given an update over a decent quest update.

Isn't Jagex a British company?

Today just means eating a [cabbage] ton and watching football.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I am just annoyed that as someone who doesnt celebrate / ever will have anything to do with thanksgiving it is forced down my throut by jagex, and is given an update over a decent quest update.

Americans think they are the only important people alive, however they will barely be world superpowers for too much longer. Have terrible health care, a huge debt to China, and are to egocentric

to act on Carbon emmissions. Why do we celebrate the holiday only celbrated in ONE country it is ridiculous and the Americans need to take a step back and realise they are merely a blip on the

world map like everyone else.

So... you don't like thanksgiving and Americans because a terrible MMO does a thanksgiving update instead of something else? Geez.

To me, Thanksgiving is a great chance to celebrate with American family and friends and eat their delicious food, pretty much.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Americans think they are the only important people alive, however they will barely be world superpowers for too much longer. Have terrible health care, a huge debt to China, and are to egocentric

to act on Carbon emmissions. Why do we celebrate the holiday only celbrated in ONE country it is ridiculous and the Americans need to take a step back and realise they are merely a blip on the

world map like everyone else.

Then you shouldn't be worried. I mean, it took German barbarians centuries before they took Rome. But they took it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well..I don't celebrate this myself, though I may as well put in some constructive input.

To me, Thanksgiving would be like some other holidays, an excuse to spend time with family.

Christmas to me, for example, is a reason to get together with the whole family. This Halloween, for me, was an excuse to spend some time with my younger cousins.

Though if I had to say I was thankful for anything, it'd be the generic stuff..Family, friends, my girlfriend and that we can live in the way we do.

What's with all the people from other countries posting here to say it means nothing to them? Seems like a reason to get up their post count. (Hey, you guys should be thankful you get post count for it.)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

So basically Christmas without the presents ?

DINGDINGDING! We have a winner folks! Instead, we give "thanks". Whatever I just want some good food, and my god the food we had was delicious. =P~

I'm thankful to the Pilgrims and the Natives because I got an entire week out of school to sit around to eat good food and play video games.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

October

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Seeing how it's Black Friday, I'm going to be a good American and go shopping :D

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Thanksgiving is a time to remember how much your life sucks and get fat.

Abc, it seems like every post you do these days is just whining about your life. So i'm gonna take a little time to share my feelings on this. You have no friends, correct? Well it isn't because of other people, it's because of you. Tons of people in OT have given you advice countless times on how to open up to people, and if you actually listened to them and DID these things, you would be fine. But what you do instead, is you come here and you whine to a bunch of random people on an internet forum about how much your life sucks. Get over it. If your lifes sucks because of your own faults, then FIX IT. The next day you go into school start a conversation with someone, about anything. Ask them how their day is going, ask what's up?, andything new, JUST TALK TO PEOPLE. I can't speak for anyone else but as for myself, i'm sick of seeing your whining posts on here. Don't keep complaining if you're not going to do anything to fix it.

That is all.

Back on topic: My Thanksgiving was a little awkward. We went to a family friend's place, and all their relatives were over. I ended up just eating some food and taking a nap for a few hours. Not too bad all in all, was a relaxing dayicon_thumbsu.gif . I don't really "give thanks" or anything on Thanksgiving, I just see it as a time to bond with family and eat some good food.

Abc, it seems like every post you do these days is just whining about your life. So i'm gonna take a little time to share my feelings on this. You have no friends, correct? Well it isn't because of other people, it's because of you. Tons of people in OT have given you advice countless times on how to open up to people, and if you actually listened to them and DID these things, you would be fine. But what you do instead, is you come here and you whine to a bunch of random people on an internet forum about how much your life sucks. Get over it. If your lifes sucks because of your own faults, then FIX IT. The next day you go into school start a conversation with someone, about anything. Ask them how their day is going, ask what's up?, andything new, JUST TALK TO PEOPLE. I can't speak for anyone else but as for myself, i'm sick of seeing your whining posts on here. Don't keep complaining if you're not going to do anything to fix it.

That is all.

Meh, nobody has said anything useful to me <.<

DFTT

DFM

:twss:

Edit:

Totally didn't realize his name started with M. The m stands for me :wall:

Edited by abc1230

That is all.

Meh, nobody has said anything useful to me icon_left.gif

DFTT

DFM

twss.gif

Edit:

Totally didn't realize his name started with M. The m stands for me icon_wall.gif

Oh, im sorry, I didn't realize being fed up with a whiny kid was being a troll. If anything, YOU'RE the one trolling, constantly trying to get some feeling of pity out of everyone here.