Sonic's F2P Runecrafting Guide

Youmu

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like body tiaras give comparable xp to earth runes if you're using gloves, but would cost a whole lot more.

Body talismans currently cost 614gp, tiaras cost 20, and body tiaras sell for 20. You'd be losing 614gp per tiara.

Rune essence costs 63 and earth runes sell for 29. At your level you craft 3 earths per ess, and could make a profit of 24gp per ess while making the same (if not more) xp per hour.

I don't know how quickly earth runes sell, but making profit while training is never bad. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Very nice guide :!: I plan on getting my RC to 70 sometime in the near future. I was using earth gloves and I need 21 pairs for 70, which is fine cuz I don't mind playing fog. Do you think body tiaras is a better method :?:

If you don't mind playing FOG, then do earth runes with the gloves. If you don't mind losing a big amount of cash, then do body tiaras.

Do whatever you prefer, though once I finish all the sections you might wanna check those.

It looks like body tiaras give comparable xp to earth runes if you're using gloves, but would cost a whole lot more.

Body talismans currently cost 614gp, tiaras cost 20, and body tiaras sell for 20. You'd be losing 614gp per tiara.

Rune essence costs 63 and earth runes sell for 29. At your level you craft 3 earths per ess, and could make a profit of 24gp per ess while making the same (if not more) xp per hour.

I don't know how quickly earth runes sell, but making profit while training is never bad. :lol:

Earth runes don't take that long to sell. Body tiaras do take a while though (which explains the price floor), but shouldn't take too long.

Of course, making profit while training is good, but if you got the cash, make sure you throw some out for faster methods.

I'll be adding profits as soon as I'm done with the exp/hour on each method.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

While I'm doing FoG, I just wear full green dragonhide, because 70%+ f2p players in FoG are training magic cheaply. Magic protection on, of course. While hunting, I just whack them with a rune scimitar and that's it. Got a game at 4k charges once. :grin:

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.

While I'm doing FoG, I just wear full green dragonhide, because 70%+ f2p players in FoG are training magic cheaply. Magic protection on, of course. While hunting, I just whack them with a rune scimitar and that's it. Got a game at 4k charges once. :grin:

I recommended prayer boosting gear, because that makes the protection prayer last longer and you can survive for a longer period of time.

I recommended maging + the 2h combo, because the runes give you an opportunity to train magic. The 2h is simply there for the ko's.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Well, I suppose I'm coming from a P2P perspective. I have prayer high enough not to worry about the small boost robes give me, and magic is better trained in other ways. But anyways, good job on the guide.

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.

• 2 weeks later...

Added information regarding the teleport method when crafting earth runes.

Also, I apologize for the delays with updating this guide. There has been a lot of irl stuff going on which prevents me from quickly finishing up the guide.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Added information regarding the teleport method when crafting earth runes.

Thx I was wondering how much time I would save if I started using tele tabs when earth crafting. :thumbsup: Currently I have enough fog tokens for 70 rc so maybe after that I will look into how many gop tokens I will need for 70 - 75 rc. :blink:

Thx I was wondering how much time I would save if I started using tele tabs when earth crafting. :thumbsup: Currently I have enough fog tokens for 70 rc so maybe after that I will look into how many gop tokens I will need for 70 - 75 rc. :blink:

Actually, it isn't teletabs, it's the Varrock teleport. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :oops:

I don't have enough tokens on me atm to test teletabs.

Oh and I just added info about air runes with Varrock teleports.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Finished up the mind rune and water rune sections, so I'm pretty much done with exp/hour. All I have left now is profits, pics for the minigame sections, GOP, and the general tips & tricks section.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow, very nice and useful guide. Can't wait to see the finished project. Good Luck!

Thanks for your support! |^_^|

Very in-depth and detailed! Superb Guide. ^^

Do you mind if I use some of your information, such as XP/Hour rates for educational purposes?

Educational purposes? Why would you use my guide for educational purposes? :huh:

And I see you're one of those pro GOP players. I'll get the GOP section done as soon as possible.

Where was this guide when I was crafting Fire runes!icon_upup.gif I had no idea the Duel Arena was farther away. Great guide

Actually the Duel Arena is slightly closer, but with the addition of musicians, it is now considered "further" away.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

very nice guide. im making a pure f2p'er right now and this will help a bit now i need 25 mage for varrock teli :wall:

do you know what level (if any) you profit making airs with varrock teli buying your own laws?

Hmm... let me see.

Rune essence = 68 gp

Air rune = 17 gp

Law rune = 259 gp (o.O)

Per trip, you shall carry 27 essence and all the laws you are carrying for the trips. You shall wield a fire staff and wear an air tiara.

Also, this is assuming you craft an average of 15 extra airs from the chance and 4 extra airs from the explorer ring.

For 1x (level 1):

Air runes per trip: 27 + 15 + 4 - 3 (you use up 3 air runes per trip) = 43 air runes per trip.

Profit per trip: 731 - 1836 - 259 = -1364

Profit per hour: -1364 x 70 = -95480

For 2x (level 11):

Air runes per trip: 54 + 15 + 4 - 3 = 70 air runes per trip.

Profit per trip: 1190 - 1836 - 259 = -905

Profit per hour: -905 x 70 = -63350

For 3x (level 22):

Air runes per trip: 81 + 15 + 4 - 3 = 97 air runes per trip.

Profit per trip: 1649 - 1836 - 259 = -446

Profit per hour: -446 x 70 = -31220

For 4x (level 33):

Air runes per trip: 108 + 15 + 4 - 3 = 124 air runes per trip.

Profit per trip: 2108 - 1836 - 259 = 13

Profit per hour: 13 x 70 = 910

So there you go, at level 33 you start profiting. :)

Oh and also, this is what I posted in the other thread, for water rune profits. They work out far better than airs in terms of profit.

I'm surprised about the lack of mention of Runecrafting in this thread.

Essence = 68 gp atm.

Water runes = 46 gp.

Assuming you use the explorer's ring:

Your current rcing level is 50, which means you can craft 3x water runes per essence, with a chance of 4x + additional with the explorer's ring.

Let's say each inventory gives 15 extra runes from the chance and 4 extra runes from the ring.

In an hour you can make 35 trips (Draynor Bank + cabbageport), each trip you use 28 ess.

And on each trip, you make 84 + 15 + 4 = 103 water runes per inventory on average.

This equates to 4738 gp per trip.

Each ess costs 68 gp and a full inventory costs 1904 gp.

Profit = 4738 - 1904 = 2834 profit per trip.

In an hour, it would be 2834 x 35 = 99190 gp per hour.

That's for 3x.

Let's take a look at the other ones:

4x (level 57): you make 131 water runes per trip.

Profit = 6026 - 1904 = 4122 profit per trip.

Gp per hour: 4122 x 35 = 144270 gp per hour.

5x (level 76): you make 159 water runes per trip.

Profit = 7314 - 1904 = 5410 profit per trip.

Gp per hour: 5410 x 35 = 189350 profit per hour.

6x (level 95): you make 172 water runes per trip.

Profit = 7912 - 1904 = 6008 profit per trip.

Gp per hour: 6008 x 35 = 210280 profit per hour.

IMPORTANT NOTE: at 6x for water runes, the chance for more runes (not explorer's ring) stops. Same for every other type of rune (10x for air, 3x for fire, etc).

See? At over 200k gp/hour at 95+, Runecrafting really is the best long-term wise. I suggest you go with that. ;)

And I'm kinda lacking interest in the guide right now... sorry people. :(

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I was wondering how I could encorporate Cabbage-port into water crafting..Did not think that was as fast as Lumbridge at all. Seems to be faster.

Can you please test out banking @ Lumbridge using Lumbridge teleport, and/or a combination of Cabbage-port'ing and Lumbridge teleport?

Amazing guide, besides my request :).

553VriC.png?1

I was wondering how I could encorporate Cabbage-port into water crafting..Did not think that was as fast as Lumbridge at all. Seems to be faster.

Can you please test out banking @ Lumbridge using Lumbridge teleport, and/or a combination of Cabbage-port'ing and Lumbridge teleport?

Amazing guide, besides my request :).

The reason why I chose not to include Lumbridge + Teleports is really due to the lack of musicians. You see, resting is significantly slower than restoring run via musicians.

For both types of restoring rest energy, you mostly gain 2 run points per half-second (?), but at a musician sometimes you gain 3, and resting you sometimes only gain 1.

And as a side note, with cabbageport you need not use up inventory spaces, and with Lumby teles you have to. Also Lumby costs more.

Thanks for telling me this method though, but I choose only to use the most efficient methods.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide. I love Runecrafting and would love to help you in any way. If you want me to do anything pm me. I'm 86 RC so I can do everything in f2p.

Once again, great guide and I'm here if you need anything! :)

Thewizard713.png

[99 Cooking][99 Magic][99 Fletching][99 Range]

DK drops: Berserker:15/Axe:30/ Warrior:14/Archers:15/ Seers:10/ Mud:6/ Total:90

GWD Drops: (Bandos: 1x Hilt, 1x BCP, 2x boots)

Great guide. I love Runecrafting and would love to help you in any way. If you want me to do anything pm me. I'm 86 RC so I can do everything in f2p.

Once again, great guide and I'm here if you need anything! :)

Help would be appreciated if you can get times for teleport tablets for each altar, as I do not have enough GOP tokens to test efficiently.

And that's great if my guide has helped you! :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 1 month later...

I'm proud to announce that my guide is ready for General Guides. Will a mod please move it there? Thanks! :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Moved to General, nice work :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Awesome guide, very well done! Thoroughly detailed and have definitely provided me with a lot more insight into F2P Runecrafting! :)

Only thing I'd mention is there's a few places where you've still got "(image here)", particularly in the Fist of Guthix and GOP section - not sure if that's still to come or just forgotten about? ;)