Sonic's F2P Runecrafting Guide

Youmu

Skimmed over the very in-depth guide O.o

One thing:

Once you enter the altar, craft your tiaras. Right-click "Use" on the tiara, and click on the altar. Do this until your inventory is something like this:

Whenever I made tiaras I always used the talisman on the altar, not the tiara. That way you don't need to right click.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pakalolo Mon: In the past when I used the talisman on the altar, it prompts me to choose either tiara or talisman staff, making it a good deal slower than if I simply right-clicked the tiara (which didn't give the message). But with make x, I'm not sure if that holds true anymore. Can you check for me?

@K4ylan: At the moment all of the talismans are dirt cheap around the same price (except water, but why do those?), so there's no reason to do anything else other than body tiaras.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

earth tiaras with varrock teleport are not only faster but also cheaper btw

Good point... that and air altar with teleport are both faster when crafting ess, not sure if the latter crosses over for tiaras though. But it makes sense and they're both cheaper, will do a test run to see if they're better.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 2 weeks later...

@Pakalolo Mon: In the past when I used the talisman on the altar, it prompts me to choose either tiara or talisman staff, making it a good deal slower than if I simply right-clicked the tiara (which didn't give the message). But with make x, I'm not sure if that holds true anymore. Can you check for me?

@K4ylan: At the moment all of the talismans are dirt cheap around the same price (except water, but why do those?), so there's no reason to do anything else other than body tiaras.

Didn't even remember that. Haven't made tiaras in ages. :P I could check on it when I do tiaras for 99, but that won't be for awhile.

• 1 month later...

Great guide Sonic!

I think I've found a slightly faster way of making body runes, using the (relatively) new death system that respawns you in the nearest 'hub' (in this case Edgeville) when you die.

So you start at Edge as normal, and run down to the body altar and make the tiaras.

Afterwards, leave the altar and run to the Stronghold of Player Safety, entering through the crevice beside the Training Centre.

Then make one of the level 83 roaches aggressive towards you, and wait for you to die.

Upon death, you will respawn at Edgeville, right beside the bank.

Repeat.

Using this method, I was able to do 5 runs in ~8min 20sec, which is roughly 18.5k xp/hour. However, I had 10hp and 40def. Those with higher hp/def might take longer to die. The best part of this method is that dying recharges your run energy, so you can run indefinitely. Also for some reason tiaras are kept upon death, so you aren't losing out on that either.

Me_Has_10_Hp.png

Would not consider that for any situation...

- Mains? Obviously with high stats it's gonna take a long time for it to kill you.

- Skillers? You need to attack the roach for it to attack you so that doesn't work either.

- Pures? Sure they're 1 def, but most usually come with high constitution...

Note that it's a good tip, it just doesn't seem practical at all.

As a side note I'm not updating this guide anymore. As soon as I finish my dging guide, I'm officially retiring from my guidewriting things.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog