Reviving Firemaking - Ash equipment, charms, and more!

quelmotz

I think youdid a good job in makeing the quest and armor but you should not make the quest free to play. You should make it so the free to play people have a quest to do before this one and for the members this quest is one of the requirements to do your quest. I think the free to play quest should be you have to reqruit all of the kings troops or you have to convince the vlillager to take up arms. Both will reward you with your choice of one ash weapon. and as a physisist wannabe(my birthday will be at fermilab) I can vouch for the fact that ashes could turn into plastic if the tree would produce a sticky syrup like resin like maple. I do not believe that yew has any resin but correct me if i am wrong.

I would personally prefer that the whole quest and area be available to F2P, but I would rather have something less "magnificient" done than nothing at all. But I suppose the decision lies with Jagex in the end.

I don't really see how physics relate to biology and chemistry, but thanks for supporting anyway.

By physics i ment NUCLEAR physics :ohnoes: so i have a strong base in chemestry and in my leftover time i read up on biology

also how do you make your sigg show two horizontal images instead of two vertical ones

also i doubt that jagex would put such a large update into free to play

friedtomato7.png "Zamorak pjed Zaros. He would have won 1v1.

" The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity. But not in that order-BrianPickrell

"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that now one ever knew before. But in poetry, its the exact opposite."

Paul Dirac, 1902-1984

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding random events: Any computer-run system cannot be truly random. Computers run with numbers, and every random event has some number attached to it, so when the game decides it's time for a random, it can choose an event. Drops and random events run on similar systems, they have to in order to be run by computer.

There's just as much possibility of a charm that increases/decreases randoms as there is of one that increases the chance of getting a good drop.

Regarding members' items: Maybe design some and ask for someone with knowledge to offer stats?

You're just plain uninformed. A computer can reach statistical randomness, this is essentially "random". The algorithms are redundant EVENTUALLY but I have no idea how you intend to make them redundant sooner...

There are two principal methods used to generate random numbers. One measures some physical phenomenon that is expected to be random and then compensates for possible biases in the measurement process. The other uses computational algorithms that produce long sequences of apparently random results, which are in fact completely determined by a shorter initial value, known as a seed or key. The latter type are often called pseudorandom number generators.

A "random number generator" based solely on deterministic computation cannot be regarded as a "true" random number generator, since its output is inherently predictable. How to distinguish a "true" random number from the output of a pseudo-random number generator is a very difficult problem. However, carefully chosen pseudo-random number generators can be used instead of true random numbers in many applications. Rigorous statistical analysis of the output is often needed to have confidence in the algorithm.

A journey begins with a single step. An update for lower-levels will sooner or later result in a higher-level version of it for members or other experienced players.

Look here - if a magical ring can increase the chance of an item dropping, another ring can also increase the chance of some magical guy popping out and requesting your help. It's like of 100 skeletons, 1 has some X drop. This ring makes another skeleton have this X drop. I don't see why another ring can't make a random event decide to pop up more often.

And since you're apparently a "high-level player", why don't you try contributing instead of complaining? The best way to criticise is to show a better way of doing something.

I don't think you understand works. Updates for lower levels seldom results in higher level versions, and you have written any high level versions. You can't expect other people will perfect your ideas, it doesn't work like that.

Look here- The magical ring works because drops aren't random, they are determined with numbers and wheels and bells and whistles. A random even works differently. There aren't any wheels with them, they work off of complex algorithms that generate near-random strains of numbers. "I Don't see why another ring can't make a random event decide to pop up more often." Well then, they wouldn't be random then, would they?

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

[Downright ridiculous?

I suggest you go and read up more about plastics and nanotechnology and such before [cabbage]ting nonsense and making yourself look like an ignorant fool. Why don't I see policemen wearing steel bulletproof armor then? Why are all the high-performance bicycles, cars, and such made up of CARBON fibres, i.e. plastic? I could go on with tons of examples, but why should I bother wasting my time when you or some other idiot will probably ignore all of it and make some other stupid claims?

I'm really sick of ignorant laymen trying to act like they know a lot insulting my work without any evidence to support their incredulous claims.

@Zachneap and Hawkxs: Thanks for trying to defend me.

Calling me a fool, an idiot, and ignorant doesn't help your cause. Save your childish name calling for elsewhere.

I'd like to hear your tons of examples, as the ones you've given don't support your idea. I like the way you placed emphasis on "CARBON," but you've misinterpreted the meaning in that. Graphite and diamond are both carbon, but they're total opposites in hardness.

Fiber glass used on cars is in no way strong enough to make armor out of. Hello?

Polyethylene made be used for bulletproof vests, but this is because of the fibers' ability to distribute force. They are no match for sharp piercing objects. Not a practical armor, eh?

Runescape is based in semi medieval time period, so the prospect of nanotechnology is too farfetched.

cliffside1ra5.png

Ok, two things.

luck" in runescape increases the chance of an event occurring, or it decreases it. The ROW does this by increasing the size of "rarer" items on a drop wheel. Random events are RANDOM, to my knowledge it cannot be made less random.

Nothing in a computer program is completely random there has to be a set of numbers in the program to determine the "randomness" of it. It could be made less random by decreasing the number range. I don't really know how to explain it well but that's pretty much the best I can do to explain that. Maybe I could go into more detail about that if you don't get it but idk :)

EDIT: Hmm that might only be with selecting a number at random but I guess it would be the same as selecting a drop at random.

Sorry to be unable to reply for four days. Went for a 3D2N school orientation camp from 5-7 Jan, and had to go for an investiture ceremony on Friday.

Anyway, enough about my personal life. Let's get down to business.

View Postquelmotz, on 04 January 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

View Postfriedtomato7, on 03 January 2010 - 11:57 PM, said:

I think youdid a good job in makeing the quest and armor but you should not make the quest free to play. You should make it so the free to play people have a quest to do before this one and for the members this quest is one of the requirements to do your quest. I think the free to play quest should be you have to reqruit all of the kings troops or you have to convince the vlillager to take up arms. Both will reward you with your choice of one ash weapon. and as a physisist wannabe(my birthday will be at fermilab) I can vouch for the fact that ashes could turn into plastic if the tree would produce a sticky syrup like resin like maple. I do not believe that yew has any resin but correct me if i am wrong.

I would personally prefer that the whole quest and area be available to F2P, but I would rather have something less "magnificient" done than nothing at all. But I suppose the decision lies with Jagex in the end.

I don't really see how physics relate to biology and chemistry, but thanks for supporting anyway.

By physics i ment NUCLEAR physics :ohnoes: so i have a strong base in chemestry and in my leftover time i read up on biology

also how do you make your sigg show two horizontal images instead of two vertical ones

also i doubt that jagex would put such a large update into free to play

Oh...nuclear physics.

To make your sig show two horizontal images, just press enter after typing in the img code and start typing on the next line.

I think Jagex would choose which parts of the update to be available for F2P and which available exclusively for members.

View Posthawkxs, on 31 December 2009 - 03:26 PM, said:

Regarding random events: Any computer-run system cannot be truly random. Computers run with numbers, and every random event has some number attached to it, so when the game decides it's time for a random, it can choose an event. Drops and random events run on similar systems, they have to in order to be run by computer.

There's just as much possibility of a charm that increases/decreases randoms as there is of one that increases the chance of getting a good drop.

Regarding members' items: Maybe design some and ask for someone with knowledge to offer stats?

You're just plain uninformed. A computer can reach statistical randomness, this is essentially "random". The algorithms are redundant EVENTUALLY but I have no idea how you intend to make them redundant sooner...

There are two principal methods used to generate random numbers. One measures some physical phenomenon that is expected to be random and then compensates for possible biases in the measurement process. The other uses computational algorithms that produce long sequences of apparently random results, which are in fact completely determined by a shorter initial value, known as a seed or key. The latter type are often called pseudorandom number generators.

A "random number generator" based solely on deterministic computation cannot be regarded as a "true" random number generator, since its output is inherently predictable. How to distinguish a "true" random number from the output of a pseudo-random number generator is a very difficult problem. However, carefully chosen pseudo-random number generators can be used instead of true random numbers in many applications. Rigorous statistical analysis of the output is often needed to have confidence in the algorithm.

A journey begins with a single step. An update for lower-levels will sooner or later result in a higher-level version of it for members or other experienced players.

Look here - if a magical ring can increase the chance of an item dropping, another ring can also increase the chance of some magical guy popping out and requesting your help. It's like of 100 skeletons, 1 has some X drop. This ring makes another skeleton have this X drop. I don't see why another ring can't make a random event decide to pop up more often.

And since you're apparently a "high-level player", why don't you try contributing instead of complaining? The best way to criticise is to show a better way of doing something.

I don't think you understand works. Updates for lower levels seldom results in higher level versions, and you have written any high level versions. You can't expect other people will perfect your ideas, it doesn't work like that.

Look here- The magical ring works because drops aren't random, they are determined with numbers and wheels and bells and whistles. A random even works differently. There aren't any wheels with them, they work off of complex algorithms that generate near-random strains of numbers. "I Don't see why another ring can't make a random event decide to pop up more often." Well then, they wouldn't be random then, would they?

I'm completely ignorant about computers and random numbers, but as I understand you're saying it's impossible for computers to generate TRULY random numbers. So it means RNGs are not perfect, and as such can be influenced by magic.

There are theoretical concepts regarding thoughtwaves and the power of thought being able to affect RNGs and such. There are also some novels exploring such concepts like "The Lost Symbol". So if thought can theoretically affect randomness, magic can too, since magic is just thought-power.

-------

I am not an expert of RuneScape. I don't know anything much about high-level updates. I could come up with theoretical ideas, but then you'd be criticising me for not "perfecting" my ideas and expecting others to do my work. So I thought I'd just save my time and concentrate on low-level stuff which I have a better grasp on.

Regarding the last point, "near-random" is not "random". Spinning a wheel is also "near-random", provided there are no weights, the axle isn't rusty, etc etc. I don't get your point. A RNG is basically a computerised random-drop wheel, and as such, can be influenced by changing it's algorithm...

View Postquelmotz, on 01 January 2010 - 10:11 PM, said:

[Downright ridiculous?

I suggest you go and read up more about plastics and nanotechnology and such before [cabbage]ting nonsense and making yourself look like an ignorant fool. Why don't I see policemen wearing steel bulletproof armor then? Why are all the high-performance bicycles, cars, and such made up of CARBON fibres, i.e. plastic? I could go on with tons of examples, but why should I bother wasting my time when you or some other idiot will probably ignore all of it and make some other stupid claims?

I'm really sick of ignorant laymen trying to act like they know a lot insulting my work without any evidence to support their incredulous claims.

@Zachneap and Hawkxs: Thanks for trying to defend me.

Calling me a fool, an idiot, and ignorant doesn't help your cause. Save your childish name calling for elsewhere.

I'd like to hear your tons of examples, as the ones you've given don't support your idea. I like the way you placed emphasis on "CARBON," but you've misinterpreted the meaning in that. Graphite and diamond are both carbon, but they're total opposites in hardness.

Fiber glass used on cars is in no way strong enough to make armor out of. Hello?

Polyethylene made be used for bulletproof vests, but this is because of the fibers' ability to distribute force. They are no match for sharp piercing objects. Not a practical armor, eh?

Runescape is based in semi medieval time period, so the prospect of nanotechnology is too farfetched.

The word "carbon" is severely overused. E.g. Carbon emissions are in fact CARBON DIOXIDE emissions.

Carbon in my case refers to hydrocarbons, complex substances formed from plastics which come from crude oil which come from dead organisms' remains after being exposed to incredible pressure for millions of years. I apologise for not being specific enough.

Let me warn you that I'm the wrong person to start a chemistry debate with.

We are probably nearing the end of the iron age and beginning the plastic age. Plastics are extremely versatile and can be cheap crap used to make bottles, food containers, etc etc, or it can be extremely strong, light material many times as strong as steel.

Plastic that is as strong as steel but much lighter

Kevlar - Five times as strong as steel, weight for weight

Your claims about bulletproof suits being no match for slashing weapons are [cabbage].

And if you need hardness as well as strength, this plastic's your choice.

I've shown three examples of super-strong plastics. If you still aren't satisfied, go google "extremely strong plastics", "plastic stronger than steel" and such. I can guarantee you you'll find plastics that beat steel in practically every way that matters in war (obviously it comes at a price though). The only (not very significant) weakness is plastic's lower resistance to temperature, which could mean mages using fire spells do more damage against plastic than steel.

----

RuneScape is a fantasy game. Farfetched-ness is simply non-existent in such games. If you want to talk about plastics being overly modern or whatever, what about the grand exchange? Banks teleporting your items around wherever you want to access them? Continually updated systems for you to calculate your items' value?

Ok, two things.

luck" in runescape increases the chance of an event occurring, or it decreases it. The ROW does this by increasing the size of "rarer" items on a drop wheel. Random events are RANDOM, to my knowledge it cannot be made less random.

Nothing in a computer program is completely random there has to be a set of numbers in the program to determine the "randomness" of it. It could be made less random by decreasing the number range. I don't really know how to explain it well but that's pretty much the best I can do to explain that. Maybe I could go into more detail about that if you don't get it but idk :)

EDIT: Hmm that might only be with selecting a number at random but I guess it would be the same as selecting a drop at random.

Precisely what I was talking about. Nothing in a computer program is completely random and impervious to influencing by changing it's algorithm. As such, I don't see why can't a ring cut in half the RNG's range of numbers or something to double chance or double it's range of numbers to halve chance.

I'm completely ignorant about computers and random numbers, but as I understand you're saying it's impossible for computers to generate TRULY random numbers. So it means RNGs are not perfect, and as such can be influenced by magic.

There are theoretical concepts regarding thoughtwaves and the power of thought being able to affect RNGs and such. There are also some novels exploring such concepts like "The Lost Symbol". So if thought can theoretically affect randomness, magic can too, since magic is just thought-power.

-------

I am not an expert of RuneScape. I don't know anything much about high-level updates. I could come up with theoretical ideas, but then you'd be criticising me for not "perfecting" my ideas and expecting others to do my work. So I thought I'd just save my time and concentrate on low-level stuff which I have a better grasp on.

Regarding the last point, "near-random" is not "random". Spinning a wheel is also "near-random", provided there are no weights, the axle isn't rusty, etc etc. I don't get your point. A RNG is basically a computerised random-drop wheel, and as such, can be influenced by changing it's algorithm...

Right, RNGs are not perfect but redesigning the whole algorithm to be less random? I have no idea on how that would be possible. None. We don't even know if RNGs are used for random events, if we assume they are and every action you take is a "spin' of a wheel that determines random events then a random number generator would be used. Ok, so random number generators used by all your big companies are statistically random. Meaning that the repeated patterns are extremely hard to detect. The reason the wheel is different is that there isn't actually a wheel, it's a long chain of algorithms and basically once its determined that you're going to get a rare drop the drop rate of a "rarer" item goes up. Random events are different, we can't decrease their "drop-rate" because there isn't a base drop rate.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

-------

Right, RNGs are not perfect but redesigning the whole algorithm to be less random? I have no idea on how that would be possible. None. We don't even know if RNGs are used for random events, if we assume they are and every action you take is a "spin' of a wheel that determines random events then a random number generator would be used. Ok, so random number generators used by all your big companies are statistically random. Meaning that the repeated patterns are extremely hard to detect. The reason the wheel is different is that there isn't actually a wheel, it's a long chain of algorithms and basically once its determined that you're going to get a rare drop the drop rate of a "rarer" item goes up. Random events are different, we can't decrease their "drop-rate" because there isn't a base drop rate.

I don't know what you're talking about.

You claim there isn't a "base drop-rate". What is this? A calculator's built-in RNG generates random numbers from 0.000001 (or whatever) to 0.999999. So there is a probability of ANY of the numbers coming out, i.e. the "base drop-rate" you're talking about. So if we want a 1 in 1000 drop rate, we take the first four digits or something like that to determine the drop rate.

There's completely no need to "redesign the whole algorithm". Let me give a simple example.

There are 1000 different marbles labelled 1-1000 in a black bag, designed to function as an RNG for a X in 1000 drop rate. We can always increase the drop rate by increasing the value of X, i.e. by changing what counts as a "drop" from say 1 to 1-2 or whatever you want. Or we could halve the range by making 1-2 be equivalent to 1 or whatever. It's just a simple alteration in the criteria of a "drop".

Any support/constructive criticism or whatever?

i support 100% firemaking can be so much more than making a fire to cook meat

Any support/constructive criticism or whatever?

i support 100% firemaking can be so much more than making a fire to cook meat

Yup, and even for fires, people rarely light them for a PRACTICAL purpose, other than the fires at the Barbarian village fishing area and a few other areas.

• 2 weeks later...

lol...seems decent...just that I think that many people will find this funny rather than serious...especially if the name of people wearing the armor was "ash-holes"

Can you explain how is it funny rather than serious?

As for "ash-holes" and such, there will always be idiots or people with too much time on their hands making lame jokes.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this idea! It's very Runescape-like to give a relatively simple item like ash some significance.

I wanted to make two little suggestions that could be added to make Firemaking and other skills more useful:

Cooking

Wood-grill flavoring

We can already cook simple meats and fish with a normal fire or stove but Firemaking can make things a bit more...flavourful!

Certain foods (e.g., Beef) can be cooked on different types of burning logs and cooking equipment to extract new flavours and buffs.

E.g., Using a Steel Grill (A New Cooking Tool made with Smithing) over Oak logs, a dry wood, to cook beef will give the option to produce Lightly-Charred Steak which will heal only 1-2 hitpoints BUT will improve spirits and thereby give 10 free points of Run Energy.

E.g. 2, Using a steel grill over Willow logs, a moist wood, to cook beef will give the option to produce Juicy Beef which is more nutritious and will heal 4-5 hitpoints instead of the usual 3.

Using the Steel Grill to cook food will require Firemaking levels (appropriate for the type of log being used with the Grill), in addition to the Cooking level required to cook the food on the Grill. This will give more things to do for both skills with genuine improvements.

Smithing

Temporary Weapons upgrades

Wood fires don't provide the same level of heat as a furnace but their relatively cooler temperatures, in conjunction with Runes offer the perfect way to increase the effectiveness of certain weapons (e.g., Longsword).

E.g., Warming a longsword over a Yew flame on a Portable Forge (A New Tool made with Smithing...for light touch ups), then sharpening the blade with 6 Air Runes will imbibe the scimitar with the light, swift quality of the wind, thereby allowing for faster (by half a speed bar), and slightly more accurate swings for 10 minutes, at the cost of reducing your Max Hit by 1 point for said duration.

The use of the Portable Forge will require Firemaking levels (similar to the Steel Grill example above) in addition to the Smithing level required to empower each weapon. Once again, this improves Firemaking and gives something new to do for the aspiring Smithy.

These are just some thoughts I came up with and still have a lot of room for improvement, creativity and balancing. But I still think that it's a start to linking the various skills and giving bonuses to those players who train all skills.

Fellsig.jpg

I really like this idea! It's very Runescape-like to give a relatively simple item like ash some significance.

I wanted to make two little suggestions that could be added to make Firemaking and other skills more useful:

Cooking

Wood-grill flavoring

We can already cook simple meats and fish with a normal fire or stove but Firemaking can make things a bit more...flavourful!

Certain foods (e.g., Beef) can be cooked on different types of burning logs and cooking equipment to extract new flavours and buffs.

E.g., Using a Steel Grill (A New Cooking Tool made with Smithing) over Oak logs, a dry wood, to cook beef will give the option to produce Lightly-Charred Steak which will heal only 1-2 hitpoints BUT will improve spirits and thereby give 10 free points of Run Energy.

E.g. 2, Using a steel grill over Willow logs, a moist wood, to cook beef will give the option to produce Juicy Beef which is more nutritious and will heal 4-5 hitpoints instead of the usual 3.

Using the Steel Grill to cook food will require Firemaking levels (appropriate for the type of log being used with the Grill), in addition to the Cooking level required to cook the food on the Grill. This will give more things to do for both skills with genuine improvements.

Smithing

Temporary Weapons upgrades

Wood fires don't provide the same level of heat as a furnace but their relatively cooler temperatures, in conjunction with Runes offer the perfect way to increase the effectiveness of certain weapons (e.g., Longsword).

E.g., Warming a longsword over a Yew flame on a Portable Forge (A New Tool made with Smithing...for light touch ups), then sharpening the blade with 6 Air Runes will imbibe the scimitar with the light, swift quality of the wind, thereby allowing for faster (by half a speed bar), and slightly more accurate swings for 10 minutes, at the cost of reducing your Max Hit by 1 point for said duration.

The use of the Portable Forge will require Firemaking levels (similar to the Steel Grill example above) in addition to the Smithing level required to empower each weapon. Once again, this improves Firemaking and gives something new to do for the aspiring Smithy.

These are just some thoughts I came up with and still have a lot of room for improvement, creativity and balancing. But I still think that it's a start to linking the various skills and giving bonuses to those players who train all skills.

Thanks a lot for your contribution. :smile:

Brilliant idea regarding grills. What about having different sorts of grills, i.e. iron to rune, that will greatly decrease the chance of burning, and with sufficiently high firemaking/cooking level in conjunction with good grills, can attain a lower rate of burning than even the conventional stoves? Or if this seems rather illogical, maybe a chance of producing high-quality food that heals more than usual/have special benefits e.g. recover run energy/prayer points?

I think juicy beef should heal hit points by a significantly larger amount, e.g. 7-8 hp. After all, 4-5 hp is still rather pathetic compared to fish, which are cheap. Or perhaps a few levels of juicy beef.

Level 25: Juicy Beef - heals 5hp

Level 45: Tender Beef - heals 7hp

Level 65: Succulent Beef - heals 9 hp

Same for lightly charred beef. I think the concept could also be applied to similar foods.

I like the idea of temporary weapon upgrades. It could be further extended to water, earth and fire runes too. Or perhaps even body runes.

Water: Smooth-flowing water improves your accuracy, decreasing chance of hitting 0s.

Earth: Rock-hard earth allows you to parry better, giving bonuses to defence.

Fire: Fiery flames allows you to do more damage, giving bonuses to strength.

Body: Body runes causes opponents' highest stat to lower by 3% every hit.

Also, the concept could be applied to ranged weapons and staves.

I love that idea.

Add special ways to char/heat treat staves? Flaming arrows?

I think charred staves/arrows would be great.

For flaming arrows, what about coating arrows with oil (obtained through herblore) and lighting it with a tinderbox? Something like that. You'd take longer to fire, but your damage would be greatly increased, especially on cloth.

Brilliant idea regarding grills. What about having different sorts of grills, i.e. iron to rune, that will greatly decrease the chance of burning, and with sufficiently high firemaking/cooking level in conjunction with good grills, can attain a lower rate of burning than even the conventional stoves? Or if this seems rather illogical, maybe a chance of producing high-quality food that heals more than usual/have special benefits e.g. recover run energy/prayer points?

I think juicy beef should heal hit points by a significantly larger amount, e.g. 7-8 hp. After all, 4-5 hp is still rather pathetic compared to fish, which are cheap. Or perhaps a few levels of juicy beef.

Same for lightly charred beef. I think the concept could also be applied to similar foods.

I like the idea of temporary weapon upgrades. It could be further extended to water, earth and fire runes too. Or perhaps even body runes.

Water: Smooth-flowing water improves your accuracy, decreasing chance of hitting 0s.

I like your idea on the heal upgrades for the beef. And perhaps because succulent beef only heals 9 hp at level 65, it could give some temporary bonuses or buffs? For example, eating succulent beef empowers the user with the endurance of a bull, thus increasing defense by 5% for 1 minute.

About the grills of various metals, I think this is a great idea and can be expanded to include the ability to create various cooking materials, tools etc. This could bring in the Construction skill, such as building a backyard grill would require certain pieces of material:

-Steel rods

-Heat-treated Steel bowl (heat-treated by smelting 25 fire runes along with the iron and 2 coal ores, then smithing the bowl out of the heat-treated bar)

-Adamantite grill

-etc.

This could bring in various other skills to make things more integrated.

That's what I was thinking as well with the temp. weapon upgrades. My thought process was: The game is called "RUNEScape". Why not make Runes more central in their application in various skills, instead of just being limited to Runecrafting and Magic.

Fellsig.jpg

I like your idea on the heal upgrades for the beef. And perhaps because succulent beef only heals 9 hp at level 65, it could give some temporary bonuses or buffs? For example, eating succulent beef empowers the user with the endurance of a bull, thus increasing defense by 5% for 1 minute.

About the grills of various metals, I think this is a great idea and can be expanded to include the ability to create various cooking materials, tools etc. This could bring in the Construction skill, such as building a backyard grill would require certain pieces of material:

-Steel rods

-Heat-treated Steel bowl (heat-treated by smelting 25 fire runes along with the iron and 2 coal ores, then smithing the bowl out of the heat-treated bar)

-Adamantite grill

-etc.

This could bring in various other skills to make things more integrated.

That's what I was thinking as well with the temp. weapon upgrades. My thought process was: The game is called "RUNEScape". Why not make Runes more central in their application in various skills, instead of just being limited to Runecrafting and Magic.

Great!

Trés bien.

Merci, merci beaucoup.

I wish I had time to put those ideas into words...too bad school life is so busy I can't really work on it except maybe on certain weekends.

If you can, maybe you'd like to help me with that? s'il vous plait?

Well since I have a headache atm, I won't read all of it. But what I have read sounds pretty good. They could totally make something of ashes. However I don't see melee equipment (unless it can break eventually, think of barrows) as being made from log ash.. Maybe if there was a way to use this ash in more skills outside combat, it would be an ok suggestion. But like I said I haven't read much.

553VriC.png?1

I'd find it fun to do some schematics of the grills and whatnot, to jump-start creativity... I'll list off the stuff that's been discussed and do some drawings. I'm going to have a lot of random bits of free time this week, but don't expect anything until maybe Friday, probably Saturday.