Reviving Firemaking - Ash equipment, charms, and more!

quelmotz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the idea of creating armor and weapons from ash, but I do like the idea of ash being beneficial to everyday Runescape life.

I disagree with you i like the idea of ash armor and weapons but you could make like a side quest where if you help the king you could slay the chief for members but it's like the way to get wine of zamorok you have to kill everybody in the room first and it gives you like 1000 slayer exp and the chief gaurds drop a paste posin and you could make a paste potion to get rid of the paste posin . the potion is made out of ash , and you could have a choice to slay the chief or spare him.he could like make you a deal and have him say like "please you have shown your worth please spare me if you do there will be something in it for you" then there will be a choice menu saying spare the chief of slay him. if you choice to spare him he will teach you how to make the paste potion for the posin and will give you a slayer exp lamp that he says"one of my guards found that on a adventurer you may also have it" but if you slay him you are crowned chief(has no benfit )but every body in the town will attack you every time you go there

I don't like the idea of creating armor and weapons from ash, but I do like the idea of ash being beneficial to everyday Runescape life.

I disagree with you i like the idea of ash armor and weapons but you could make like a side quest where if you help the king you could slay the chief for members but it's like the way to get wine of zamorok you have to kill everybody in the room first and it gives you like 1000 slayer exp and the chief gaurds drop a paste posin and you could make a paste potion to get rid of the paste posin . the potion is made out of ash , and you could have a choice to slay the chief or spare him.he could like make you a deal and have him say like "please you have shown your worth please spare me if you do there will be something in it for you" then there will be a choice menu saying spare the chief of slay him. if you choice to spare him he will teach you how to make the paste potion for the posin and will give you a slayer exp lamp that he says"one of my guards found that on a adventurer you may also have it" but if you slay him you are crowned chief(has no benfit )but every body in the town will attack you every time you go there

Good iconcept, but you need to think it through more.

Maybe you should rewrite it properly and think it through once again. For example, sparing the chief seems much better than slaying him. Think up some benefits for being crowned the chief other than increasing your ego...

• 2 weeks later...

No support.

Once again, melee weapons with superior stats and specs with range and mage getting the leftovers.

Also, the idea of making armor/weapons out of ashes is stupid IMO.

I agree fire making should be updated, but not like this.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

No support.

Once again, melee weapons with superior stats and specs with range and mage getting the leftovers.

Instead of saying that melee weapons are superior and mage and range are getting the leftovers, why not show how so? Back it up with evidence. Or better still, offer a suggestion as to how to improve.

I've already gone to great lengths explaining the feasibility of making ash weapons/armor. If you think it's still stupid then I can't help it.

How about you tell me HOW firemaking should be updated then?

No support.

Instead of saying that melee weapons are superior and mage and range are getting the leftovers, why not show how so? Back it up with evidence. Or better still, offer a suggestion as to how to improve.

I've already gone to great lengths explaining the feasibility of making ash weapons/armor. If you think it's still stupid then I can't help it.

K

Ash Parang (i.e. weed cutting large knife)

Stab - 1, slash + 50, crush -1, strength +51

Speed 6, 1handed

Requires level 50 attack and level 50 strength to use

Uses: 2 magic ash or 4 demonic ash or 6 yew ash or 8 maple ash or 10 willow ash or 12 oak ash or 16 normal ash.

Special Attack: RIP (literally): Rips your opponents into shreds. Makes 10 extremely inaccurate attacks (max about 30 or so with 99 strength and attack ). Uses 80% of special bar.

This is either really overpowered or underpowered

Ash Club

Stab - 1, slash -2, crush +46, strength +60

Speed 5, 1handed

Uses: 2 magic ash or 4 demonic ash or 6 yew ash or 8 maple ash or 10 willow ash or 12 oak ash or 16 normal ash.

Special Attack: "Die already!" - Does 150% damage to an opponent with less than 25% health. 60% of special bar. Otherwise does 120% damage.

The spec is overpowered with low requirements! YES! SOMEHOW THIS REMINDS ME OF CLAWS!

Ash Spear

Stab +65, slash +2, crush +1, strength +47

Speed 4, 1handed

Special attack: Penetrating Thrust - Pierces an opponent, negating 25% of his armor's effect. Does extra 25% damage per extra square (length) the opponent occupies. Uses 50% bar.

So if a bunch of dudes are lined up you'll hit like over 9000? Explain this better.

Stab +0, slash +77, crush +44, strength +69

Speed 3, 2handed

Uses: 3 magic ash or 6 demonic ash or 9 yew ash or 12 maple ash or 15 willow ash or 18 oak ash or 24 normal ash.

Special attack: Nature's Wrath - Stabs your sword deep into the ground, causing vines to appear and envelope your opponent, stunning him for 5 seconds, and binding for an additional 5 seconds after the stun. 75% normal damage. Uses 50% bar.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The fact that this stuns for 5 seconds with only a 50% drain makes it overpowered.

Ash Javelin

Stab +40, slash +1, crush +1, strength +40, ranged strength +45, ranged attack +47

Speed 5, 1handed

Requires 50 ranged, 40 attack and strength to use.

Uses: 2 magic ash or 4 demonic ash or 6 yew ash or 8 maple ash or 10 willow ash or 12 oak ash or 16 normal ash to smith 15 javelins.

Special Attack: Unerring Accuracy - For the next five RANGED attacks you cannot miss. (you can still hit 0 because of strength though) Uses 65% of special bar.

You can't miss but you can hit 0? Uhhhh, what?

Ash Staff

Stab +0, slash +0, crush +15, strength +10, magic +21

Speed 5, 1handed

Requires 50 magic to uses

Special Attack: Hex - Your attack has 50% power and 75% accuracy, but it hits a 3x3 square instead of one target.

Special is like using ice barrage but making it suck?

Try flaming arrows and a new spellbook of FIRE!

Overall the biggest fail is how Jesusly awesome specs the melee weapons have with such low requirements.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

No support.

K

Speed 6, 1handed

Special Attack: RIP (literally): Rips your opponents into shreds. Makes 10 extremely inaccurate attacks (max about 30 or so with 99 strength and attack ). Uses 80% of special bar.

This is either really overpowered or underpowered. Only point I agree with.

Ash Club

Speed 5, 1handed

Special Attack: "Die already!" - Does 150% damage to an opponent with less than 25% health. 60% of special bar. Otherwise does 120% damage.

The spec is overpowered with low requirements! YES! SOMEHOW THIS REMINDS ME OF CLAWS! 150% damage to an opponent who is almost dead already, and otherwise an insignificant boost in damage. Like claws? You must be blind.

Ash Spear

Speed 4, 1handed

Special attack: Penetrating Thrust - Pierces an opponent, negating 25% of his armor's effect. Does extra 25% damage per extra square (length) the opponent occupies. Uses 50% bar.

So if a bunch of dudes are lined up you'll hit like over 9000? Explain this better. A single opponent you idiot. I said the opponent, not the opponents.

Speed 3, 2handed

Uses: 3 magic ash or 6 demonic ash or 9 yew ash or 12 maple ash or 15 willow ash or 18 oak ash or 24 normal ash.

Special attack: Nature's Wrath - Stabs your sword deep into the ground, causing vines to appear and envelope your opponent, stunning him for 5 seconds, and binding for an additional 5 seconds after the stun. 75% normal damage. Uses 50% bar.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The fact that this stuns for 5 seconds with only a 50% drain makes it overpowered. Maybe increase special bar usage to 80% or something.

Ash Javelin

Stab +40, slash +1, crush +1, strength +40, ranged strength +45, ranged attack +47

Speed 5, 1handed

Uses: 2 magic ash or 4 demonic ash or 6 yew ash or 8 maple ash or 10 willow ash or 12 oak ash or 16 normal ash to smith 15 javelins.

Special Attack: Unerring Accuracy - For the next five RANGED attacks you cannot miss. (you can still hit 0 because of strength though) Uses 65% of special bar.

You can't miss but you can hit 0? Uhhhh, what? Previously if your strength made you hit 0.8 for example it'll be rounded down to 0, so you didn't miss but the rounding down made it 0. It doesn't apply anymore now.

Ash Staff

Speed 5, 1handed

Special Attack: Hex - Your attack has 50% power and 75% accuracy, but it hits a 3x3 square instead of one target.

Special is like using ice barrage but making it suck? Who was the one [cabbage]ting about making the weapons powerful according to their requirements?

Try flaming arrows and a new spellbook of FIRE! That's incredibly cliché.

Overall the biggest fail is how Jesusly awesome specs the melee weapons have with such low requirements. Nice word (sarcasm). I'm not a Christian but I bet it's offensive to many Christians, just like OMG, OMFG and such are.

No support.

K

Speed 6, 1handed

This is either really overpowered or underpowered. Only point I agree with.

Ash Club

Speed 5, 1handed

The spec is overpowered with low requirements! YES! SOMEHOW THIS REMINDS ME OF CLAWS! 150% damage to an opponent who is almost dead already, and otherwise an insignificant boost in damage. Like claws? You must be blind.
Then this special is useless since you can eat to above 25% of your health in one food (and you can eat twice on lvl 5 speed)

Ash Spear

Speed 4, 1handed

So if a bunch of dudes are lined up you'll hit like over 9000? Explain this better. A single opponent you idiot. I said the opponent, not the opponents.
So the spec doesn't work in pvp = fail. Like Morg javs <.< except this seems stupid since most big monsters are bosses and a weapon with stats liek these wouldn't do very well on them.

Speed 3, 2handed

ABSOLUTELY NOT. The fact that this stuns for 5 seconds with only a 50% drain makes it overpowered. Maybe increase special bar usage to 80% or something.
YES! LETS GIVE MELEE SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE EXCLUSIVE TO MAGE AND RANGE!

Ash Javelin

Speed 5, 1handed

You can't miss but you can hit 0? Uhhhh, what? Previously if your strength made you hit 0.8 for example it'll be rounded down to 0, so you didn't miss but the rounding down made it 0. It doesn't apply anymore now.
The fact that this uses 65% special makes this abysmal at best. If there was a 50% drain you might acctually have a chance of hitting damage with a Morg jav spec! <_<

Ash Staff

Speed 5, 1handed

Special is like using ice barrage but making it suck? Who was the one [cabbage]ting about making the weapons powerful according to their requirements?

Why would you use a special to make a spell you can cast normally weaker?

Try flaming arrows and a new spellbook of FIRE! That's incredibly cliché. Magic blades? its like using magical melee attacks? AND ITS ON FIRE :cool:

Overall the biggest fail is how Jesusly awesome specs the melee weapons have with such low requirements. Nice word (sarcasm). I'm not a Christian but I bet it's offensive to many Christians, just like OMG, OMFG and such are. :|

arcane_stew.png

First off, your colour contrast was absolutely horrendous. Don't you have the common sense to use a light colour on a dark background?

Then this special is useless since you can eat to above 25% of your health in one food (and you can eat twice on lvl 5 speed)

It'll still do 120% damage, and if by some fluke your opponent didn't eat it'll deal significant damage.

So the spec doesn't work in pvp = fail. Like Morg javs <.< except this seems stupid since most big monsters are bosses and a weapon with stats liek these wouldn't do very well on them.

Heard of people using DDP++/Dragon claws specials? Daggers are completely useless in terms of stats, and so are claws.

*cough*zamorakspeark*cough*

The fact that this uses 65% special makes this abysmal at best. If there was a 50% drain you might acctually have a chance of hitting damage with a Morg jav spec! <_<

Fine then.

Clan War situations? Massive groups of enemies crowding around? -.-

Magic blades? its like using magical melee attacks? AND ITS ON FIRE :cool:

Wow...very original indeed.

First off, your colour contrast was absolutely horrendous. Don't you have the common sense to use a light colour on a dark background? NEVER

It'll still do 120% damage, and if by some fluke your opponent didn't eat it'll deal significant damage. They would be dead anyways

Heard of people using DDP++/Dragon claws specials? Daggers are completely useless in terms of stats, and so are claws. Except claw specs are godly accurate and dds are more of a luck weapon tbh

*cough*zamorakspeark*cough* Ever been speared in multi? Its really bs...

Fine then.

Clan War situations? Massive groups of enemies crowding around? -.- *Quelmotz realizes that barrage hits everything in a 3x3 square and realizes my point*

Wow...very original indeed. The ability to smite people :o

arcane_stew.png

First off, your colour contrast was absolutely horrendous. Don't you have the common sense to use a light colour on a dark background? NEVER

It'll still do 120% damage, and if by some fluke your opponent didn't eat it'll deal significant damage. They would be dead anywaysSo sure about that? You mean when someone drops below 25% health the RNG suddenly goes haywire and always gives you hits that will kill the enemy?

Heard of people using DDP++/Dragon claws specials? Daggers are completely useless in terms of stats, and so are claws. Except claw specs are godly accurate and dds are more of a luck weapon tbhRuneScape is more of a luck game tbh.

*cough*zamorakspeark*cough* Ever been speared in multi? Its really bs...I'm not a member but I know Zamorak Spear is a commonly used weapon in Castle Wars. The whole RS doesn't revolve around PvP only.

Fine then.

Clan War situations? Massive groups of enemies crowding around? -.- *Quelmotz realizes that barrage hits everything in a 3x3 square and realizes my point*The weapons could be used by F2P, my dear friend.

Wow...very original indeed. The ability to smite people :oSo what does this "smite" do? Any requirements? Drawbacks? Very easy to randomly spout ideas, eh?

1. If you somehow manage to spec you opponent when he is on such low health and you don't hit enough he deserves to live.

2. But melee gets the luck.

3. Uhh what point does stunning something in nonpvp have? Not much. Especially in F2P.

4. I don't think this spec would help much at all since fire blast is your best spell <_<

5. I don't do F2P ideas

arcane_stew.png

1. He DESERVES to live because he was lucky? What absurdity.

2. Oh, so the RNG for melee is distorted and gives it lots of huge hits?

3. Non-PvP meaning games like Clan Wars, Fist of Guthix, etc. As in non-PvP Worlds.

I don't really reply to topics a whole lot but so here I go.

What if firemaking became an aid to range, fire arrows are already an in game item and the hand cannon blows up faster the lower your firemaking level.

It seems to me that firemaking and range are already connected, also I remember a idea in somehow dipping melee weps in oil then lighting them on fire.

This being based all on the idea as fire damage being alike to poison or desease...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

I don't really reply to topics a whole lot but so here I go.

What if firemaking became an aid to range, fire arrows are already an in game item and the hand cannon blows up faster the lower your firemaking level.

It seems to me that firemaking and range are already connected, also I remember a idea in somehow dipping melee weps in oil then lighting them on fire.

This being based all on the idea as fire damage being alike to poison or desease...

Now I've had the suggestion of flaming weapons and such suggested to me multiple times, and I think they are viable, but they are rather clichéd and furthermore, the flames would just do something like poison and disease. Being similar to one is already bad enough, but two? I doubt we need to further obfuscate herblore, potions, and the situation PvPers are in with "anti-fire" potions. On a side note, there are already anti-fire potions ingame, so they might be extended to cure "fire".

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Some really good ideas in there. I really like the quest!

But i think the weapons should not have specials in f2p worlds and lessen the stats a little otherwise these will be the only weapons worth using in f2p.

I think i reasonable update for fm and ash would be to make a potion or dust or something to temporarily increase stats of weapons and armor. Or have ash able to be only crafted/smithed/whatever into minor armor pieces such as necklaces, bracelets, gloves, boots and capes. This could be used with the different grades of ash to make more variety of decent small armor for f2p and p2p alike.

Another cool idea would be to make pk weapons and armor, with low or very little requirements to wear but high requirements to make. They could be like around as strong as mith or addy making them only useful to low leveled players or pkers.

Sorry if any of this has been said i really couldn't be bothered reading all posts, and please don't take this as hating i do believe fm should be revived but in less overpowering ways and by not introducing too much completely new stuff to f2p such as special attacks.

user1-dark.png

• 3 months later...