Tip.it Times: 29 Nov 2009

Ts_Stormrage

A new issue of the Tip.it Times is out with articles by both Racheya and yours truly,

and included is yet another Did You Know by The Tal Shiar Alliance...

Enjoy the read, and discuss the articles and DY'K here, but PM any gramatical errors please

Proceed to the articles here

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Racheya's article was good. The DYK is fairly common knowledge, isn't it?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Articles were pretty good....I think a lot of high level RC'ers overreacted with the update, although Jagex should extend the curve so that you can say get 3+ nature runes past 91. Maybe 2 blood/death runes per ess at 99 and 3 nats at 99? Maybe...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm still trying to figure out the formula (along with many others), however at this point we believe that the maximum you'll get before 2x is 1.5x, which is still a significant jump from levels 90 to 91 in terms of nature runes.

In the long run, I don't think the supply of runes will be changed too much. As was said, runecrafting still isn't a popular skill.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Very even coverage on the runecrafting issue! <3 Love it.

The second article made a lot of...weird assumptions, for lack of a better word. I will say though, it was interesting to see an article expand upon the concept of our avatars (our inner representations) on the internet, and what things affect them. It's definitely a topic that could go even further in-depth!

hzvjpwS.gif

Articles were pretty good....I think a lot of high level RC'ers overreacted with the update, although Jagex should extend the curve so that you can say get 3+ nature runes past 91. Maybe 2 blood/death runes per ess at 99 and 3 nats at 99? Maybe...

91 RC should stay as the last 100% double rune as it is now, but the article brings up a very valid point.

Like the article said, as you progress farther in skills like woodcutting, the higher your level the more logs you can produce per hour. You don't suddently stop producing more logs per hour at 91 woodcutting, and the same should be said with runecrafting.

The curve should be extended all the way to 99 giving triple chances for natures, and double chances for deaths, laws, and bloods. But there should be no need to add in any 100% guarentee for double/triple runes. Extending the curve to 99 should be fine in this case.

dawnsigblue-3.png

91 RC should stay as the last 100% double rune as it is now, but the article brings up a very valid point.

Like the article said, as you progress farther in skills like woodcutting, the higher your level the more logs you can produce per hour. You don't suddently stop producing more logs per hour at 91 woodcutting, and the same should be said with runecrafting.

The curve should be extended all the way to 99 giving triple chances for natures, and double chances for deaths, laws, and bloods. But there should be no need to add in any 100% guarentee for double/triple runes. Extending the curve to 99 should be fine in this case.

Agreed. I really don't understand why Jagex didn't do this, it must have crossed their minds at some point. I've heard that Jagex want to work on filling up the 90+ regions of skills over the next year, this would have been an easy way to get Runecrafting out of the equation.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Agreed. I really don't understand why Jagex didn't do this, it must have crossed their minds at some point. I've heard that Jagex want to work on filling up the 90+ regions of skills over the next year, this would have been an easy way to get Runecrafting out of the equation.

Unless of course, they have something else in mind for 91+ RC...

[/wishful thinking]

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I actually liked Stormrage's comparison with the movie "Surrogates", hit the nail there, although you kind of are stereotyping Latin Americans, saying that they wouldn't join RS (I know at least 1 latin american clan, and 1 latin american personally on tip,it).

Also, when you were talking about cows, didn't you mean to say "unpopular", not "popular", or is that just my bad grammar and confusion?

22031_s.gif

I Can Personally Think Of One Way That RuneScape Has Been Affected By Other Countries Playing. The Best Prime Example I Can Think Of Is Thanksgiving Events. Granted Jagex Clearly Doesn't Care Much About It But They Did Add The Event For Americans. I Have Played RuneScape Since 2001 And They Didn't Have A Thanksgiving Event Till Last Year. If Other Countries Jump On The RuneScape Bandwagon What Holiday Events May Appear In Game That I Have Never Heard Of Or Ever Celebrated Because It Is A Holiday Only Celebrated In Some Other Random Country?

Azire.pngAzirex.png

I Can Personally Think Of One Way That RuneScape Has Been Affected By Other Countries Playing. The Best Prime Example I Can Think Of Is Thanksgiving Events. Granted Jagex Clearly Doesn't Care Much About It But They Did Add The Event For Americans. I Have Played RuneScape Since 2001 And They Didn't Have A Thanksgiving Event Till Last Year. If Other Countries Jump On The RuneScape Bandwagon What Holiday Events May Appear In Game That I Have Never Heard Of Or Ever Celebrated Because It Is A Holiday Only Celebrated In Some Other Random Country?

I think it's a good question - where do we stop when we start adding other non-British holidays into the game? But I don't expect them to start adding every holiday under the sun. I think if they were to try and add other events in from other countries, they would keep it as non-religious as possible. I don't see a problem with it really, and apparently with how the Forum server crashed thanks to all the activity for the Thanksgiving event - nobody else does either :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I actually liked Stormrage's comparison with the movie "Surrogates", hit the nail there, although you kind of are stereotyping Latin Americans, saying that they wouldn't join RS (I know at least 1 latin american clan, and 1 latin american personally on tip,it).

Also, when you were talking about cows, didn't you mean to say "unpopular", not "popular", or is that just my bad grammar and confusion?

I was referring to thousands and thousands of Latin Americans playing RS, but staying possibly mostly on the spanish-only servers...

And I was stating a question really about the cows; "I am not sure if .....the game will be popular at all"...

I think it's a good question - where do we stop when we start adding other non-British holidays into the game? But I don't expect them to start adding every holiday under the sun. I think if they were to try and add other events in from other countries, they would keep it as non-religious as possible. I don't see a problem with it really, and apparently with how the Forum server crashed thanks to all the activity for the Thanksgiving event - nobody else does either :P

I've touched in the past with an article on how things other-then-anglo-american should emerge in the game, and more importantly which... I've pointed out in it that if they want to touch on religion (they kind of do already with christmans and easter of course) that they might want to add in Jewish holidays...

Also the Dutch are deserving more then their own language forums, because they have by far the biggest percentage of population that plays RS, as well as the biggest majority of RS players that bought subscriptions... But (and jagex pointed this out too) most Dutch people already speak english, so they do not need their own language server... I'm unsure if theyre looking into something else atm to "reward" the Dutch with...

PS; Nederland hoort bij Vlaanderen...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I've touched in the past with an article on how things other-then-anglo-american should emerge in the game, and more importantly which... I've pointed out in it that if they want to touch on religion (they kind of do already with christmans and easter of course) that they might want to add in Jewish holidays...

Hah! Christmas and Easter has long since ceased to be a truly religious and/or Christian holiday. 90% of Christmas is about Santa Claus and lots of presents, which has nothing to do with the Christian holiday meant to celebrate Christs birth. Actually read a depressingly true comment about how "Jesus' birthday is also forgotten about in the Christmas excitement" or something.

Same with Easter. How do chocolate eggs and Easter bunnies in any way relate to Christianity?

P.S. Sorry if this causes off-topic discussion.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.