the (financially realistic) ideal honeymoon

nickeley102

My brother is just getting married and going on a honeymoon and it made me think about what I would want to do. Looking in the paper today I saw a 27 day tour of Nepal China and somewhere else for 10000NZD pp (approx 7000USD). This seems pretty cheap to me considering airfares, food and decent accommodation was included in the price.

Any other ideas or stories?

NICKELEY102.png

My brother is just getting married and going on a honeymoon and it made me think about what I would want to do. Looking in the paper today I saw a 27 day tour of Nepal China and somewhere else for 10000NZD pp (approx 7000USD). This seems pretty cheap to me considering airfares, food and decent accommodation was included in the price.

I would think "self guided" tours would be a heck of a lot cheaper. That works out to $1,000 USD a day

$6600 USD round trip airfare + hotel room in a decent hotel from Expedia ( New Zealand to a city in Nepal China and back )

Ever thought to go here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_SbAs5lxE

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

No, Shippou, unless you have a deathwish. :lol:

I'm not married, and dont intend to be anytime soon, but my honeymoon would involve going somewhere through Europe, no guided tours just travelling.

But that's not really a honeymoon. Arrgh, I'm not qualified to make a suggestion.

No-one male ever has to think of this stuff.

Brides do it all and if you try and interfere you will be doomed

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would think "self guided" tours would be a heck of a lot cheaper. That works out to $1,000 USD a day

$6600 USD round trip airfare + hotel room in a decent hotel from Expedia ( New Zealand to a city in Nepal China and back )

Ever thought to go here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_SbAs5lxE

Where did you get $1,000/day? :unsure:

Anyhow, chances are my honeymoon will be Thailand for two weeks, which is pretty sweet :)

Sri Lanka.

Flights are cheap (go with sri lankian airlines if you can as they are amazing), everything there is cheap and the place literally has everything.

I had a 2 week holiday over there and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Its got historic towns which border modern cities which are all next to the sea with jungle behind them.

I'm planning on taking a few months out there to really travel the place (I when as south as gall and as north as kandy) as there is so much there.

Women love it too as there are tons of flowers, turtle hatcheries, elephants, herbal gardens and the such.

Plus we brought about £500 in jewelery which was valued at over £10,000 in the UK, so it would have been a free trip (with a pretty large profit) if we were willing to sell it

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

But if you don't have an opinion on anything, then she'll think you don't really care about the wedding and you really *will* be doomed.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

$7,000 is a cheap honeymoon? Both of my older sisters had honeymoons for around $3000 and that included a week long cruise to the Bahamas. I know 3000/week isn't as good as 7000/3weeks per day, but there is really reason to spend that much. I don't see how you could get three weeks off of work in a row either. And if you aren't working I don't see how you could justify spending $7000. My younger sister hasn't been on a honeymoon yet because they couldn't afford it (now it is a year later and they have a baby, so probably not for a long time).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Honestly I've never really been one for honeymoons that involve extensive touring and whatnot. Of course I'd do that if my significant other wanted to though. I don't think I'd care that much where I go, as long as it's relaxing and comfortable. ..somewhere with good cuddle weather <3:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'd like to go to Europe and sort of wander, y'know? Probably a two-week sort of thing. And I'd probably marry a guy who'd want to do that sort of thing too... Besides that, go to all four LEGOLANDs too. But maybe just the 3 that are in Europe.

My parents went on a cruise (in Alaska, in spring) and drove the Alaskan Highway on their honeymoon. They saw lots of MOOSE. :thumbsup:

Whatever you do, I'd get married in a random type month (not like August or June, more like February or March) so the fees are less because less people are vacationing and/or honeymooning at that time of year.

Ideal honeymoon = 72 hour Runescape marathon :thumbsup:

That would be so boring.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'd quite fancy a cruise around the Mediterranean. Friend from work who got married done that and said it was amazing.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

That would be so boring.

Welcome to my life ;)

My condolences sir.

My ideal honeymoon would be a nice cruise, and nice accommodations somewhere. However, I am fairly open minded so I could go somewhere else if my significant other wants to.

j0xPu5R.png

I'd quite fancy a cruise around the Mediterranean. Friend from work who got married done that and said it was amazing.

Definitely something I'm interested in, though I doubt I'll be getting married for a few more years at least :P

Other than cruises, I'd want to do stuff as much on my own as possible - I despise guided tours. If I'm travelling to another country, I don't want to go to a resort - I want to experience the country itself.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

$7,000 ! ! !

Wow. Well, I guess if you have expensive taste in hotels...

Honestly, if you get married in the winter (anytime that isn't summer), then everything will be cheaper. air fare, room, ceremony. Everything. With enough research, I could plan a week honeymoon, have a good time, and keep it under a $4,000 budget. I'm not saying we'll be flying first class, but I think I'd rather spend the money on a house than a week in "paradise".

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

And in twenty years when you ask why you were never married, I will show you this post.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

But if you don't have an opinion on anything, then she'll think you don't really care about the wedding and you really *will* be doomed.

You make some suggestions that slightly vary to her ideas, is she disagrees then let her have her way most of the time. Win win situation, she feels accomplished, and you're not doomed.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Somewhere along the Mediterranean.

Yeah, same. I love the culture in greece and spain. I couldn't go abroad for a week and not go to restaurants/clubbing/touring/shopping etc, would be boring as.

logo.jpg

You make some suggestions that slightly vary to her ideas, is she disagrees then let her have her way most of the time. Win win situation, she feels accomplished, and you're not doomed.

No.

You're opinion and suggestions are only valid and only lead to non doom situations if they 100% comply to what she has already told you she wants.

If she wants 12 pink roses as the centre piece at the tables and you say you dislike them or suggest something else you're doomed

If you say you like them or suggest it to her, as if you don't know she wants tht, you're golden for helping and being in tune with her.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue