03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

I don't completely consider the playing time when I consider the length of a quest.

For example, if you're doing My Arm's Big Adventure and you have 2% at Tai Bwo Cleanup, I'm not counting the 30-60 minutes it might take to get to 60% reward. I'd consider the steps in the quest.

My issue with the quest is that it's like every quest this year. It came across to me as lazy. I like the way they tied in the Barrows chest, but when they made it half the quest, it was a let down for me.

I liked the puzzle too, but after having down ME2 4 or so years ago, this puzzle didn't phase me all that much. Oh, and we got the relic. Boy that way difficult. Couldn't they have made it that he was caught and locked out and we had to break him out or something? Nope. He's just hanging about in the Digsite. Too bad he couldn't have been given a nice little lounge charir like the Leprachaun on top of the Troll Stronghold.

I bet you'd say Jagex turned repetitive and are no longer cteative if that did happen... You're just never happy.

You say it like I'm sitting under a bridge waiting for some billy goats gruff to cross over my head so I can jump up and eat them. I'm very happy with this quest. I liked it a lot. But I do have some criticisms about it. I personally don't mind a little repitition, but I do mind what I see as half-assing certain things.

Oh, and in the future, please don't criticize me for something you think I *might* do. Keep it to things I actually *do* do.

Alright, the way I see it you ALWAYS not matter how great (or aweful) an update was, find something to whine about.

I don't mean to offend you, but it really does seem like you're waiting under a bridge for some billy goats to cross over your head so you can jump and eat them.

Yeah, I laid a softball out there for someone to take a swing at and it was socks. :P

Anyway, I'm not offended. I'm not really that bothered by it. You call it whining. I call it criticism. And I try to make it as constructive as I can in most situations. Unless an update is so awful and pointless that their can be no hope for it. *cough* Mobilising Armies *cough*

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't completely consider the playing time when I consider the length of a quest.

For example, if you're doing My Arm's Big Adventure and you have 2% at Tai Bwo Cleanup, I'm not counting the 30-60 minutes it might take to get to 60% reward. I'd consider the steps in the quest.

My issue with the quest is that it's like every quest this year. It came across to me as lazy. I like the way they tied in the Barrows chest, but when they made it half the quest, it was a let down for me.

I liked the puzzle too, but after having down ME2 4 or so years ago, this puzzle didn't phase me all that much. Oh, and we got the relic. Boy that way difficult. Couldn't they have made it that he was caught and locked out and we had to break him out or something? Nope. He's just hanging about in the Digsite. Too bad he couldn't have been given a nice little lounge charir like the Leprachaun on top of the Troll Stronghold.

I bet you'd say Jagex turned repetitive and are no longer cteative if that did happen... You're just never happy.

You say it like I'm sitting under a bridge waiting for some billy goats gruff to cross over my head so I can jump up and eat them. I'm very happy with this quest. I liked it a lot. But I do have some criticisms about it. I personally don't mind a little repitition, but I do mind what I see as half-assing certain things.

Oh, and in the future, please don't criticize me for something you think I *might* do. Keep it to things I actually *do* do.

Alright, the way I see it you ALWAYS not matter how great (or aweful) an update was, find something to whine about.

I don't mean to offend you, but it really does seem like you're waiting under a bridge for some billy goats to cross over your head so you can jump and eat them.

Yeah, I laid a softball out there for someone to take a swing at and it was socks. :P

Anyway, I'm not offended. I'm not really that bothered by it. You call it whining. I call it criticism. And I try to make it as constructive as I can in most situations. Unless an update is so awful and pointless that their can be no hope for it. *cough* Mobilising Armies *cough*

Your signature seem to prove otherwise...

You said do-do :lol: <3:

I was going to post that, but decided not to just incase it wasnt intentional. :P

Your signature seem to prove otherwise...

Yeah, doesn't mean I can't be sarcastic. And it was awful for a while, but they've seemed to fix the issues i've had with it. I've been meaning to change it...

Two questions:

Are the water fiends weak to stab, and are they good for crimson charms?

Where are the ice fiends, and are they weak to stab + good charm droppers?

(Frozen Fortress)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Two questions:

(Frozen Fortress)

IIRC water fiends are weak to crush not stab. Typo?

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Two questions:

(Frozen Fortress)

The ice fiends don't generally have a weakness afaik.

The ice fields are on the top floor, while the water fields are on the bottom floor.

Ice fiends aren't that great of charm droppers, slower than water fiends even if you cannon.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I personally think that Zaros was just the "powering" God over Runescape at the time, not evil at all.

Wanting more power, Saradomin made a deal with Zamorak to overthrow Zaros with promise to Zamorak with land or power. This explains how these "accidental" events (ghostly robes miniquest) occurred and how Zamorak ended up with an enchanted Staff of Armadyl.

But with Zaros accidentally tripping and both Zamorak and Zaros being punctured by the Staff of Armadyl, Zamorak became a God indirectly through power.

So, with the sudden godhood Zamorak had, he felt he shouldn't need to head Saradomin anymore. But I think they both still heeded the power of Zaros, as they both teamed up to destroy Zaros' empire city by city.

Saradomin, the not-so-good God.

I think in the original text before they changed it way long back, Zamorak actually kicked Zaros in the nuts, not Zaros tripped. I might be wrong though.

A teaming up of deities does sound interesting, Zaros likely took over when Guthix went to sleep, then the userpers Saradomin and Zamorak came in. Zamorak as a Mahjarrat who stole power directly from Zaros himself, and Saradomin, of whom I only know that he came down to Geilinor on Entrana and proceeded to spread his not-so-goody goody influence. Both saw Zaros as an obstacle, set off to bring him down, somehow Armadyl is dragged into it, all sorts of stuff happens, God Wars, more Mahjarrat, blah blah blah... Hoo... That makes an epic story.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

5407290.png

It's also finally possible to hurt the Dagon'Hai Elite -guy! 8)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Wonder what would happen if he did die. And it'll be fixed next week.

Either he'll drop a party hat or a devasting glitch will reset your account.

Who wants to try?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

5407290.png

It's also finally possible to hurt the Dagon'Hai Elite -guy! 8)

Wouldnt you need a hell of a lot of prayer potions to kill him like that? :P

After completing the chaos tunnels miniquest you get to go to this room once every 24 hours. To get to it you need to use a portal in the dagannoth room after you finish the quest

Not really. He shoots the beam about every 16 seconds, so I think about 1-2 pots is enough. I might try killing him today with the prayer. Of course he might have a million HP:s and a regeneration rate of 10 hp's per second.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Ok guys, I loved the Quest, and loved even more the Curses that came with it. While using them at Fight Caves, I noticed something. I was meleeing a 180 with the 360 a few squares away, completely visible. I saw the Guthan's effect on the 360 when I deflected some of it's magic damage back at it. pic related

[hide=Epic Deflect Power]091212122304.png[/hide]

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png

I have an issue with the deflect curses at the moment. It seems that the little animations cause you to stop running when you get hit so they can trigger. It's not a big deal if you're somehwere where everything is trying to melee you, but if you're doing something like Deflecting Magic in the Ancient Cavern trying to set up the new Fairy Ring and it's letting the dragon hit you with melee because the prayer is casuing you to not run then it kinda sucks. They need to fix that.

I have an issue with the deflect curses at the moment. It seems that the little animations cause you to stop running when you get hit so they can trigger. It's not a big deal if you're somehwere where everything is trying to melee you, but if you're doing something like Deflecting Magic in the Ancient Cavern trying to set up the new Fairy Ring and it's letting the dragon hit you with melee because the prayer is casuing you to not run then it kinda sucks. They need to fix that.

That would be just animation lag; you aren't really stopping, you just look like you are, and the game is still tracking you correctly. Same thing happens with the Explorer's Ring run restoration, for example.

I don't think it stops you from running ... I can do the curse animations without it interupting combat so ...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Ok guys, I loved the Quest, and loved even more the Curses that came with it. While using them at Fight Caves, I noticed something. I was meleeing a 180 with the 360 a few squares away, completely visible. I saw the Guthan's effect on the 360 when I deflected some of it's magic damage back at it. pic related

[hide=Epic Deflect Power]091212122304.png[/hide]

Regarding this and a few other bugs caused by the prayers, I have a feeling there will be a small tweak on how the curses work sometime in the near future.

Because of the way the curse's are set up they can sometimes deal damage/special effects to targets you may not normally deal damage or drain stats from. I wont go in full detail but there is a curse bug that lets you drain stats from someone who is not your target in Fist Of Guthix (Yes its already been reported). I would assume this concept can also be replicated in Duel Tournaments as well.

That and also any barrows special effect, except DH and Verac, can also activate from the deflections.

I don't believe either of these were intended to be that way, so they might change the coding on how they decide what to deflect and who is being leached.

dawnsigblue-3.png

After completing the chaos tunnels miniquest you get to go to this room once every 24 hours. To get to it you need to use a portal in the dagannoth room after you finish the quest

Not really. He shoots the beam about every 16 seconds, so I think about 1-2 pots is enough. I might try killing him today with the prayer. Of course he might have a million HP:s and a regeneration rate of 10 hp's per second.

well i tried it and he does have a lot of hp... also the fact that i dont know of a safe spot for bork he kept hitting me. i brought like 15 sara brews, the rest pray pots and a tort full of pray pots while i deflected magic and did the drain attack on bork thing while wearing guthans+dragonfire but he still would hit me and i ran out of food before the mage dude lost even a 1/4 of health...im at 93 def so idk, maybe taking a unicorn or another healer familiar would be better?