03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a reasonable quest - nothing elaborate but nice addition to the storyline I think - got stuck at the fortress until I realised what I'd missed! :)

Think it was a good move to add the Barrows role into the quest too, was pretty interesting to have that involvement!

"Like the 'Protect from' prayers, Deflect curses stop 100% of damage caused by NPCs and 60% of damage caused by other players (in PvP). In addition, they also have a chance of deflecting some of the damage they would have caused back onto the attacker."

Just when I thought soloing GWD/TDS couldn't get any more pro :shock:. If it's anywhere as good as it sounds, then I'm very impressed with this update. Finally Jagex isn't afraid of high level skill updates.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

So these deflect prayers are some sort of protect prayers with a vengence/recoil system built into it?

I guess I will ask first XD, does anybody know how much percentage do they reflect?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Appears most of these prayers are 'useless' for PvM. The only one that might be worth using for things is Turmoil, for other's just use the normal 15% prayers or piety.

The deflect prayers are good however not worth losing 10-5% attack boost for (for the normal boosting prayers).

Oh, Turmoil is useless against bosses as it can't be used alongside the reflect prayers. :unsure:

Spoiler / Plot Information. ;)

[hide] Let me get this straight? Zaros returns? how? care to explain?[/hide]

Azzanadra requests the player's help in obtaining two powerful artifacts. One from the Barrows Brothers and another from a frozen fortress near the Ice Plateau. Using these artifacts and a relic (The same relic stolen, and delivered, by the assassin from Devious Minds from Entrana.), Azzanadra performs a ritual to direct the power and allowing Zaros to commune with Azzanadra.

All we've seen is that Zaros is able to commune with Azzanadra, and has detailed what Zaros wants Azzanadra to do next. Zaros hasn't 'physically' been reincarnated yet.

Spoiler / Plot Information. ;)

[hide] Let me get this straight? Zaros returns? how? care to explain?[/hide]

Azzanadra requests the player's help in obtaining two powerful artifacts. One from the Barrows Brothers and another from a frozen fortress near the Ice Plateau. Using these artifacts and a relic (The same relic stolen, and delivered, by the assassin from Devious Minds from Entrana.), Azzanadra performs a ritual to direct the power and allowing Zaros to commune with Azzanadra.

All we've seen is that Zaros is able to commune with Azzanadra, and has detailed what Zaros wants Azzanadra to do next. Zaros hasn't 'physically' been reincarnated yet.

I wonder what that snake says about all this (the one that is garding the tears of guithix.

Jesus Christ, can't you just admit that you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Cause I'm not wrong.

Appears most of these prayers are 'useless' for PvM. The only one that might be worth using for things is Turmoil, for other's just use the normal 15% prayers or piety.

The deflect prayers are good however not worth losing 10-5% attack boost for (for the normal boosting prayers).

Oh, Turmoil is useless against bosses as it can't be used alongside the reflect prayers. :unsure:

Aha, finally someone fully reads the thing. Saw other people drooling on combined saps+ leeches + deflects + turmoil or whatever, not gonna happen...

Anyway, is this altar easily reachable? Seems annoying that you have to drink ppots all the time when you are on that spell (going on a normal altar like at your house would reset you to normal prayers).

Altar isn't too hard to reach with a digsite pendant; also, when recharging prayer at house altar, you get asked if you want to switch back to normal prayers or not.

Btw, if I read correctly during the quest, shouldnt removing the item from barrows stop the prayer drain there? Has anyone tested that yet? Or did I just read wrong <_<

Knight_Simon.gif

Aha, finally someone fully reads the thing. Saw other people drooling on combined saps+ leeches + deflects + turmoil or whatever, not gonna happen...

Anyway, is this altar easily reachable? Seems annoying that you have to drink ppots all the time when you are on that spell (going on a normal altar like at your house would reset you to normal prayers).

I've fully read the whole thing, and nowhere does it state whether the sap or leech prayers work in PvM, the only comment is that the deflect prayers work in the same way as normal protect and are therefore 100% effective in PvM but only 60% effective in PvP.

I assume that DarkDude has actually gone and tested whether the new prayers have any effect in PvM...

No surprise that they don't though.

Mordendravid.png

Well the point of piety is to give a hefty defense bonus and deal some extra damage with your boosted stats. If you can leech the boss and the damage from the deflect prayers are decent, it may rival the normal prayer book.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I've fully read the whole thing, and nowhere does it state whether the sap or leech prayers work in PvM, the only comment is that the deflect prayers work in the same way as normal protect and are therefore 100% effective in PvM but only 60% effective in PvP.

I assume that DarkDude has actually gone and tested whether the new prayers have any effect in PvM...

No surprise that they don't though.

I was talking about the fact that you can't use turmoil together with deflect prayers. Kind of like smiting can't be used with protect prayers.

Just read you CAN use turmoil and deflect at the same time. Deflect seems a bit useless in pvm though, since they fully protect you against that style, so no damage will be deflected, right?

That is what I am wondering about too, somebody want to test it out? Can you deflect even if you are not been hurt?

11-1.jpg[