03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

BiJay

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo, this update pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of the combat triangle.

Anyone with 54 pray or above can now instantly drain your magic level by 10%, increasing to 20% (or 25% with leech over time). Even at 99 magic, this means a -10 to your magic level, meaning that you can't even blood barrage.

All this update has done is power up melee even more, at the great expense of magic.

Your an idiot.

Your argument is flawed as this prayer book offers the EXACT SAME bonuses and negatives to all attack classes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I want to know if Deflect + Turmoil is a bug in game or an error in the KB. That will decide if this update is good or not.

This.

Error in KB, deflect is a protection prayer like well the current ones (range magic melee) and Turmoil is just a better piety.

Ya, its just badly worded. They meant either one of these 3 high lvl ones + one of the protection prayers. +, not or.

And if this soulsplit is true, MUST GET 92 PRAYER (actually Ive been thinking before about getting it, but I found it too boring, stupid me).

Looks great - we've also got the Prayer update with Curses after this quest! :^_^:

Upon completing the Temple at Senntisten quest, you will gain access to the ancient hymnal, which, once read, will allow you to use curses. Unlike normal prayers, which you gain access to as your Prayer level increases, the curses require you to change your entire prayer list by travelling to Senntisten Temple (under the Digsite) and praying at the altar there. To change back to the normal prayer list, pray at any other altar.

To view what curses are available to you in game, simply click on the Prayer icon. This can be found either at the top-right corner of the in-game menu (windowed mode) or at the bottom-right of the screen (resizable or full-screen mode). You should now have a list of all the curses, with those currently available to you being lit up.

Finally, not only does the altar at Senntisten Temple allow you to switch to curses, it also provides a handy 15% boost over your maximum Prayer level.

curseinterface.jpg

Curse Interface

Curse Information:

* Like the 'Protect from' prayers, Deflect curses stop 100% of damage caused by NPCs and 60% of damage caused by other players (in PvP). In addition, they also have a chance of deflecting some of the damage they would have caused back onto the attacker. As with 'Protect from' prayers, you can only deflect one style of combat at a time (Magic, melee or Ranged). Creatures that can only be damaged in a specific way (for example, the vyrewatch can only be damaged by the Ivandis flail) cannot be hurt using a deflect curse.

+ You can have multiple sap or leech curses active at the same time (e.g. Sap Mage, Sap Warrior and Sap Ranger), but you cannot have the a sap and leech curse of the same type active at the same time (e.g. you cannot have Sap Ranger and Leech Ranged active together).

~ You can only have either Soul Split, Wrath, Turmoil or one deflect curse active at any one time

KB Article: Prayer - The Ancient Curses

so how come our prayer icon has not been updated as such in this picture? not the end of prayer updates this year or they just forgot?

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

This quest is gonna be tougher than I thought, just what I expected! :thumbsup:

And a pretty nice reward.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Your an idiot.

Your argument is flawed as this prayer book offers the EXACT SAME bonuses and negatives to all attack classes.

Flaming me already?

The stat bonuses maybe the same, but the negative effects on magic have a much greater impact. You can't cast spells if your magic level falls below the required level, and the most powerful spells have a hefty level requirement reaching up to 94 for ice barrage and 95 for fire surge. Compare this with melee, where you only need 75 attack to wield a godsword, and even if your attack drops below that number, your weapon's not going to become unequipped.

So you have magic, which is denied it's most powerful spells. Against melee, which receives greater damage boosts (via Turmoil). Unless the magic drain only affects accuracy, this update is seriously unbalancing.

Tact.gif

soul split+ the strenght pray is awesome for healing like its faster then buny and probably out heals uni on trips to things people camp such as abby demons water fiends ext almost liek a guthans prayer but cant be stacked with protection prayers so only good for low hitting monsters

Huh, if soul split cant be stacked with protection item prayers, and turmoil can, then the turmoil thing might be a bug.

Your an idiot.

Flaming me already?

The stat bonuses maybe the same, but the negative effects on magic have a much greater impact. You can't cast spells if your magic level falls below the required level, and the most powerful spells have a hefty level requirement reaching up to 94 for ice barrage and 95 for fire surge. Compare this with melee, where you only need 75 attack to wield a godsword, and even if your attack drops below that number, your weapon's not going to become unequipped.

So you have magic, which is denied it's most powerful spells. Against melee, which receives greater damage boosts (via Turmoil). Unless the magic drain only affects accuracy, this update is seriously unbalancing.

This is all depending on several what ifs:

1) the prayers actually take levels literally and not just in effect

2) the mage has not potted up

3) the mage does not counter said prayer with a prayer of their own

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is all depending on several what ifs:

1) the prayers actually take levels literally and not just in effect

2) the mage has not potted up

3) the mage does not counter said prayer with a prayer of their own

1. This does need to be tested out. Does a "drain" show up on your stats as a literal -X amount? If not, this update just got a lot better.

2. Magic potions have a fixed boost of 5, unlike melee potions which boost by a percentage amount and have a greater impact. Even if you have a magic potion with you and assuming 99 as a base, your magic level would still only go from 89 to 94, which is barely enough for ice barrage. Even then, the stat drain continues up to 20% or 25% of your magic level. Either keep sipping pots, or face not being able to use spells.

3. Leech Magic boost starts off at 5% and rises to 10%. Leech Magic drain starts off at 10% and rises to 25%. Which is going to win?

Tact.gif

Well with these new Deflect curses I reckon my (seemingly neverending*) quest to get a firecape will be much easier. I checked the rate at which protect melee and deflect melee uses prayer points and it's the same as far as I could tell. Admittedly I only did one 30 second run for each and, in the absence of any prayer bonus equipment, they both cost 10 points over the 30 seconds. This update is brilliant. I wonder when it will be nerfed.....

*Prayer switching. I suck at it. Getting to Jad is a piece of cake. I need practise killing him. And yes, I'm well aware that Jad has been killed by five year olds wielding a rubber chicken.

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

By the way, I'm also waiting on Me_Hate_Libs's take on today's update. :P

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Ahaha, they provided an actual incantation for each of the curses in the hymnal you get after the quest. And it's in LATIN! Way to go, Jagex, using the old cliche that Latin is "the ominous language."

Also, I really do not like how it asks if you want to switch back to ordinary prayers each time you pray. It should be a right-click option with an ordinary altar.

td2sig.jpg

Oh I'm sure he won't post, he couldn't find anything to complain about ^^

I'm in the middle of two exam weeks and won't be able to check out this update for over a week =/ Sucks when I hear what you guys are saying about it....

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Oh I'm sure he won't post, he couldn't find anything to complain about ^^

I'm in the middle of two exam weeks and won't be able to check out this update for over a week =/ Sucks when I hear what you guys are saying about it....

She*

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I am truly in awe with this quest. It was amazing!

I found it a little bit annoying with my lack of knowledge of puzzles and lack of runes. :P But it was still an enjoyable trek, the temple looked amazing too. But what really gave the cherry on top for me on this quest... the cut-scene! It was amazing. I really enjoyed it and makes me want more. (Cliff hangers for the win, or the lose who knows. :P)

And the rewards! Not too shabby. ;) I can't wait to put them into use.

Awesome quest, can't wait for the next installment.

Ahaha, they provided an actual incantation for each of the curses in the hymnal you get after the quest. And it's in LATIN! Way to go, Jagex, using the old cliche that Latin is "the ominous language."

Oh come on, does that really deserve a rant? The quest sounds excellent, so what if they used Latin instead of making up some words for the curses?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Oh come on, does that really deserve a rant? The quest sounds excellent, so what if they used Latin instead of making up some words for the curses?

Tbh it's not a rant, it's more of a Jagex have put levels of interest into the rewards, and that extra knowledge shows more of Jagexs humour if you know where to find it.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Ok to confirm hidden update:

Fairy code BJQ take you to the Ancient Cavern.

Means you can take familiars to miths fully loaded.

EDIT - You need to make it first to allow access from Zanaris

5 Mushrooms and a Spade do the job.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I am truly in awe with this quest. It was amazing!

I found it a little bit annoying with my lack of knowledge of puzzles and lack of runes. :P But it was still an enjoyable trek, the temple looked amazing too. But what really gave the cherry on top for me on this quest... the cut-scene! It was amazing. I really enjoyed it and makes me want more. (Cliff hangers for the win, or the lose who knows. :P)

And the rewards! Not too shabby. ;) I can't wait to put them into use.

Awesome quest, can't wait for the next installment.

I agree and you should have told me you were doing the quest I would have done it with you. :blink:

Any hoot I met a new friend today while doing the quest so that was kinda cool.

Ohh.. and Fairy Ring BJQ will come in very good use!

Great quest and great update. :thumbup:

queenvalerie.png