Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

Tact
[ Display Name History ]

Tact

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Tact
  • RSN2:Granzi

This is all depending on several what ifs:

1) the prayers actually take levels literally and not just in effect
2) the mage has not potted up
3) the mage does not counter said prayer with a prayer of their own

1. This does need to be tested out. Does a "drain" show up on your stats as a literal -X amount? If not, this update just got a lot better.

2. Magic potions have a fixed boost of 5, unlike melee potions which boost by a percentage amount and have a greater impact. Even if you have a magic potion with you and assuming 99 as a base, your magic level would still only go from 89 to 94, which is barely enough for ice barrage. Even then, the stat drain continues up to 20% or 25% of your magic level. Either keep sipping pots, or face not being able to use spells.

3. Leech Magic boost starts off at 5% and rises to 10%. Leech Magic drain starts off at 10% and rises to 25%. Which is going to win?
Posted Image

Louisc111
[ Display Name History ]

Louisc111

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 63 posts
Well with these new Deflect curses I reckon my (seemingly neverending*) quest to get a firecape will be much easier. I checked the rate at which protect melee and deflect melee uses prayer points and it's the same as far as I could tell. Admittedly I only did one 30 second run for each and, in the absence of any prayer bonus equipment, they both cost 10 points over the 30 seconds. This update is brilliant. I wonder when it will be nerfed.....

*Prayer switching. I suck at it. Getting to Jad is a piece of cake. I need practise killing him. And yes, I'm well aware that Jad has been killed by five year olds wielding a rubber chicken.

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
SO EXCITED. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
By the way, I'm also waiting on Me_Hate_Libs's take on today's update. :P
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Blake
[ Display Name History ]

Blake

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • RSN:Biake
  • RSN2:Blake-o
So will the Deflect spells work at bosses, like if you're soloing TD's, will it damage them and block you? I know it will 100% block, but will it reflect damage back to them?

Posted Image

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
Ahaha, they provided an actual incantation for each of the curses in the hymnal you get after the quest. And it's in LATIN! Way to go, Jagex, using the old cliche that Latin is "the ominous language."

Also, I really do not like how it asks if you want to switch back to ordinary prayers each time you pray. It should be a right-click option with an ordinary altar.
Posted Image

Amundogus2
[ Display Name History ]

Amundogus2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • RSN:Amundogus

Oh I'm sure he won't post, he couldn't find anything to complain about ^^

I'm in the middle of two exam weeks and won't be able to check out this update for over a week =/ Sucks when I hear what you guys are saying about it....
"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

Posted Image

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Oh I'm sure he won't post, he couldn't find anything to complain about ^^

I'm in the middle of two exam weeks and won't be able to check out this update for over a week =/ Sucks when I hear what you guys are saying about it....

She*
Posted Image

Gravy
[ Display Name History ]

Gravy

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • RSN:Gravy
  • RSN2:Exorain
Just did a TD trip with reflect prayers, reflect rate isn't all too common. Unless TDs praying has anything to do with it.

Follow me on Twitter!
FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.
Posted Image

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Sentry_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Sentry_Wolf

Follower Of The Crate

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
I am truly in awe with this quest. It was amazing!

I found it a little bit annoying with my lack of knowledge of puzzles and lack of runes. :P But it was still an enjoyable trek, the temple looked amazing too. But what really gave the cherry on top for me on this quest... the cut-scene! It was amazing. I really enjoyed it and makes me want more. (Cliff hangers for the win, or the lose who knows. :P)

And the rewards! Not too shabby. ;) I can't wait to put them into use.

Awesome quest, can't wait for the next installment.

Guthorm
[ Display Name History ]

Guthorm

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts
  • RSN:The Awesome
  • Clan:Retired but hoping to come back one day

Ahaha, they provided an actual incantation for each of the curses in the hymnal you get after the quest. And it's in LATIN! Way to go, Jagex, using the old cliche that Latin is "the ominous language."

Oh come on, does that really deserve a rant? The quest sounds excellent, so what if they used Latin instead of making up some words for the curses?
Posted Image[
Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Oh come on, does that really deserve a rant? The quest sounds excellent, so what if they used Latin instead of making up some words for the curses?

Tbh it's not a rant, it's more of a Jagex have put levels of interest into the rewards, and that extra knowledge shows more of Jagexs humour if you know where to find it.
Posted Image

cat666
[ Display Name History ]

cat666

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,065 posts
  • RSN:Cat Sabbath
Ok to confirm hidden update:

Fairy code BJQ take you to the Ancient Cavern.

Means you can take familiars to miths fully loaded.

EDIT - You need to make it first to allow access from Zanaris

5 Mushrooms and a Spade do the job.

Trust the Gene Genie!

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
So I guess the best option is the edgeville fairy ring, since using a slayer ring will waste another spot. No use for me though since I dont kill miths and I do waterfiends in CT.

QueenValerie
[ Display Name History ]

QueenValerie

Retired Tip.It Admins

• Members
  • 6,282 posts
  • RSN:QueenValerie
  • Clan:NONE

I am truly in awe with this quest. It was amazing!

I found it a little bit annoying with my lack of knowledge of puzzles and lack of runes. :P But it was still an enjoyable trek, the temple looked amazing too. But what really gave the cherry on top for me on this quest... the cut-scene! It was amazing. I really enjoyed it and makes me want more. (Cliff hangers for the win, or the lose who knows. :P)

And the rewards! Not too shabby. ;) I can't wait to put them into use.

Awesome quest, can't wait for the next installment.

I agree and you should have told me you were doing the quest I would have done it with you. :blink:
Any hoot I met a new friend today while doing the quest so that was kinda cool.

Ohh.. and Fairy Ring BJQ will come in very good use!

Great quest and great update. :thumbup:

queenvalerie.png

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
Have waited over 3 hours for a "Video Quest guide", not for guideance but for cutscenes and plot.

Amundogus2
[ Display Name History ]

Amundogus2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • RSN:Amundogus

Have waited over 3 hours for a "Video Quest guide", not for guideance but for cutscenes and plot.

Can you stop getting me excited for this quest? The fact that I can't do it for more than a week is the biggest tease ever =/
"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

Posted Image

Kepihan
[ Display Name History ]

Kepihan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts

Holy hell, just finished the quest. It's GODLY. So much fun, very much enjoyed. Seems like they are trying to create a sort of main storyline for RuneScape.

Runescape has always had said story line.

Since waaay bk in RSC days digsite and hazeel cult and plague city have sowed the seeds of these slowly growing stories.

People only pay heed now as everything is begining to come together

That's what I meant, the story is coming to fruition. Seems like Jagex have been planning it for yeaaaars.

Posted Image

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Tbh it's not a rant, it's more of a Jagex have put levels of interest into the rewards, and that extra knowledge shows more of Jagexs humour if you know where to find it.

This. I was actually pleasantly surprised that they did that.
Posted Image

Everyonedies
[ Display Name History ]

Everyonedies

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 657 posts

This is all depending on several what ifs:

1) the prayers actually take levels literally and not just in effect
2) the mage has not potted up
3) the mage does not counter said prayer with a prayer of their own

1. This does need to be tested out. Does a "drain" show up on your stats as a literal -X amount? If not, this update just got a lot better.

2. Magic potions have a fixed boost of 5, unlike melee potions which boost by a percentage amount and have a greater impact. Even if you have a magic potion with you and assuming 99 as a base, your magic level would still only go from 89 to 94, which is barely enough for ice barrage. Even then, the stat drain continues up to 20% or 25% of your magic level. Either keep sipping pots, or face not being able to use spells.

3. Leech Magic boost starts off at 5% and rises to 10%. Leech Magic drain starts off at 10% and rises to 25%. Which is going to win?

What about stat restore pots im pretty sure they still will revive magic back it its original level???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users