03-Dec-2009 Christmas Card Competition

Youmu

We’re using the arrival of the festive season as the perfect excuse to run a Community Management competition, complete with official Jagex giveaways (‘cos we’re nice like that).

As you’re no-doubt aware, Christmas is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate (aside from eating too much) than running a Christmas Greeting Card Design competition? Anything goes in this competition: from charcoal drawings to computer graphics.

Here are some more specific details:

Launch: Thursday, 3rd December

Close: Friday, 18th December

Rules:

* All Christmas card designs and images must be submitted to [email protected] before the 18th December, 2009

* Entries must be RuneScape-themed and abide by the RuneScape Rules

* Submissions must be made in JPEG format and should be no larger than 5MB

* Any submission must be your own work and shouldn’t be sent through a third party

As mentioned above, we’ll stop taking entries on Friday 18th December, and will announce the winners and runners-up with a newspost on the week following the deadline. We'll then show the best of the bunch in a seasonal Players' Gallery!

For more details and a discussion of the competition, head on over to this forum thread

Have fun, good luck, and Merry Christmas!

Mod Hohbein

Community Management

Prizes

And now to the juicy stuff. The prizes will be as follows:

1st Place – 6 months free membership, and a bag full of signed Jagex goodies. The Winning entry will also be shown in the front page news post announcing the competition winners, and the Player's Gallery.

2nd Place – 3 months free membership and inclusion on the front-page news post announcing winners, and the Player's Gallery.

3rd place – 1 month free membership and inclusion on the front-page news post announcing winners, and the Player's Gallery.

Forum thread can be found here.

Sounds interesting. :D Not gonna participate though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I was thinking about entering this but Runescape doesn't motive me enough to create art for it ;P

What do you win? Apart from a mention in the player gallery...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Prizes

1st Place 6 months free membership, and a bag full of signed Jagex goodies. The Winning entry will also be shown in the front page news post announcing the competition winners, and the Player's Gallery.

2nd Place 3 months free membership and inclusion on the front-page news post announcing winners, and the Player's Gallery.

3rd place 1 month free membership and inclusion on the front-page news post announcing winners, and the Player's Gallery.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Oh, I didn't look at the forum thread.

Well well well, first prize certainly sounds delicious but it'd probably go to some amazing artist.

I'd like to enter now but I have no idea what to draw >_>

rc1tzc.png

Prizes

1st Place 6 months free membership, and a bag full of signed Jagex goodies. The Winning entry will also be shown in the front page news post announcing the competition winners, and the Player's Gallery.

2nd Place 3 months free membership and inclusion on the front-page news post announcing winners, and the Player's Gallery.

3rd place 1 month free membership and inclusion on the front-page news post announcing winners, and the Player's Gallery.

Thanks for the info, Kingjoe!

Boy, this certainly sounds like an awesome reward, especially the free membership.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hmm, I'm wondering whether your actual card will be published, without any adjustments, or you can send in a sketch too, and a Jagex artist will turn it into something nice. The last one sounds a bit lazy, but if it's the idea that counts... :-k

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I'll go scan through my harddrives and find last years christmas card, badly edit out the Jagex/Runescape Logo and resubmit it to Jagex :lol:

But seriously, good luck to all the artists out there, there are sure to be some amazing images to come.

EDIT: Just a couple of minutes after posting I found this in my Tinypic account:

f295xg.jpg

Christmas '08 cards Jagex made If I send it in do you think they'll know? :-#

1yrb49.jpg

I'll go scan through my harddrives and find last years christmas card, badly edit out the Jagex/Runescape Logo and resubmit it to Jagex :lol:

But seriously, good luck to all the artists out there, there are sure to be some amazing images to come.

EDIT: Just a couple of minutes after posting I found this in my Tinypic account:

f295xg.jpg

Christmas '08 cards Jagex made If I send it in do you think they'll know? :-#

Yes, they probably would do.

signed Jagex goodies

This makes them more appealing?

And YES!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

signed Jagex goodies

This makes them more appealing?

And YES!

AMGZ I WANT A MOUSEPAD AUTOGRAPHED BY THE MOD TEAM!!!!!

TBH I like the free membership more X3 I can sell the autographed items for BIG BUCKS on ebay... so check it out if i win ;)

I'm workin' on an entry, no details, someone will steal my idea.

I'll add a pic to this post if its still alive when I'm done.

Overly watermarked of course.

Here is an example of my highest level of skill

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5739/vanir.png

Don't ask me who or what Vanir is, I have no idea, I just made what my friend said to.

150x150.png

I have no idea what to draw. All I can think of are lame things.

Maybe some dude dressed in some fancy shmancy armor holding a couple o' santas?

rc1tzc.png