F1 2010 Season

Danqazmlp

Now to get rid of the new tracks where overtaking is not really possible in most corners and sections of the track. Australia is the future of racing.

Fixed.

It was an entertaining race. But I agree, what were McLaren thinking pitting Hamilton? He had a good chance of winning, with an almost guaranteed second.

Incredibly good call on Buttons side, i love how the commentators (at least on British TV) kept saying it was the wrong decision and that he had ruined his race, then carries on to win.

Webber used to be named the unluckiest man in F1, I think he has spread that luck to the whole team. Two races now Vettel could have won but the car let him down. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a rage at his engineers.

I personally think it's because of the car itself, it's one of the fastest cars in F1 as you may have noticed Vettel is the one who's always capable of driving away from everyone due to his driving skills of course but like I said I think the car's really great BUT that's also why I think that the car isn't that reliable and thus happens to have more problems during races like what happened twice already.

Maybe it STILL is just a small technical problem in the car that can be fixed, either way Vettel had some bad luck.

I can't wait for this sunday's race.

pieter00777.jpg

tpr.png

12,079 Profile views. Get on my level.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A much better race with both Ferraris and McLarens making their way through the pack. It was a bit of a procession again until Hamilton, Massa and Alonso pitted for tyres and then it got interesting. Credit to Alonso for driving the race without a clutch and at times being nearly 2 seconds faster than anyone else, shows that he really is an incredible driver.

Great showing from Alguersuari and Sutil too :thumbup:

Well done to Virgin for finishing their first race too :grin:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaQwWG0yBZM

I don't know whether to laugh or be shocked.

He must have been so scared. It was at the end of the Back straight before the hairpin in China's Friday practice today. If i remember rightly, that is the longest straight in F1, meaning he must have been travelling at 180mph at least. luckily the car got into the gravel trap before a barrier.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I really enjoyed watching todays race. Despite lots of things going wrong, and the safety car being out twice, the whole race has certainly been my favourite this season, especially after the epic bore that the first race was.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

Wahey somebody else posted so I can post again.

I agree, it was a good race. *cough*long straight with hairpin at end*cough*. Once again Button excelled in the changeable conditions and made the correct choice. He may not have had the best outright speed but you don't need to if you make the decisions that give you 70 seconds over everybody else.

There were more overtakes than you could probably list, it was just action throughout.

I'm loving just how consistent Kubica has been so far this season, he really should be in a better team, he has shown with bad teams that he can get results, but nobody really seems to give him a chance.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I only managed to watch a few laps of this Sunday's race. From what I saw it was really exciting, previous races this season have made my interest dwindle a bit

This Sunday's though (I listened to the most of it on the radio) has go me extremely excited again!

I do love it when a car breaks down, it adds a bit more mortality to some of the better cars but it seems that Vettel really is in a rough patch.

Then again, as a Brit and friends with Hamilton's younger brother (everyone loves a good name drop?) - I wont be complaining

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

• 3 weeks later...

How unlucky can Hamilton get. Two laps from the end getting a puncture and going straight into a wall.

Webber- Great race, nobody could really touch him

Alsonso - Got lucky getting past Vettel, but still raced very well

Vettel - unlucky in the pits, but maybe he would have lost out at the end anyway with his brakes turning to dust. Seriously, when your management is constantly telling you to slow down, it is critical.

Hamilton - Just wow

Button and Schumacher also did very well. Schumacher is just too experienced, he is almost unpassable.

Next week, the grandfather of shows for the rich, the Monaco GP.

zqXeV.jpg

That was hella unlucky for Hamilton.

Good race imo. Schumacher did look good blocking all those attempts from button trying to pass, would have been a very different race if he had passed. Very impressed with the red bulls. Also, virgin racing did well, both finished, well done them.

Very much looking forward to monaco this week. Should be good.

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

I heard today, watching practice one for Monaco, that Buttons display on his steering wheel was out from lap 3, and that Schumacher was driving very defensively. Amazing driving from Button as thats the case.

Practice today looks good, not got time to watch practice 2 just now, despite it being on right now. It looks like anyones at the moment. Should be crazy good qualifying, not too excited about the race.

Sorry about the fact I'm posting again, but its been a few days, and its practice day =)

-Destroy Topham-

Punk_Man666.png

Punk_man666.png

Is the British GP at Donington this year?

Nope, I think it will be at Silverstone at the revised track: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/newgrandprix-circuit/

I also think they may be moving the Pits to the straight before Abbey corner, but i doubt that will be done for this year.

Also, very stupid rule for which Schumacher was penalised.

zqXeV.jpg

Good race, I watched all of it. Webber drove like a hero, Button was pretty unlucky and Alonso did well. I love the Monaco circuit, even if overtaking is hard it's still exciting just because of the history of the place. Can't believe Schumacher has been penalised like that, seems stupid. If the safety car was coming in then that indcates that the race was on again. It didn't end with the safety car out.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• 2 weeks later...

My dislike of Vettel is growing more and more, quite simply he's a dangerous driver but I am glad that Webber managed to finish the race and I hope he beats Vettel in the drivers championship. Aside from that incident and the battle between Button and Hamilton that was probably the worst race of the season for entertainment value.

Ferrari and Mercedes need to get a move on, they're in danger of being passed by Renault.

SLwQsg1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why did they wait so long to pit Webber...

Well if you want to believe the media, because they favour Vettel :P In all seriousness though, that was ridiculous. He could have finished 3rd, maybe 2nd had they pit him when he had his 11 second lead, but instead they waited until Hamilton was on top of him.

Best race of the season by far though!

Hope to see Schumacher penalised for his appalling defending against Kubica and Massa, seems he thinks he's an exception to the rules. Alonso was unlucky to have been overtaken as a result of traffic by both McLarens. Huge congratulations to Kovalainen for finally finishing above one of the big teams and job well done to Lotus too :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Spectacular crash for Webber, must have been scary just seeing sky. Shows the safety levels of the cars and the bonus of having the roll bar.

zqXeV.jpg

Yea, i can't imagine what he felt when it flipped. Kudos to Vettel, really think he will win it this year. Button seems extremely lucky, whenever he qualifies lower down the grid everyone between him and a podium spot seem to crash etc.

keen.png

• 2 weeks later...

Saw most of it, hell of a drive from Button and Vettel to get back to where they did. Solid work from Webber and Hamilton too, Webber's clearly showing he's a serious championship contender.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

All I can say is thank god Webber won that and Vettel didn't, disappointed that Vettel even got into the points and he really showed during the race that he expects everything to go his way as until the safety car he wasn't even trying. Christian Horner (RBR Boss) failed to hide his disappointment that Webber won as well, and when Eddie Jordan asked him about it he completely dodged the question.

Steward's decision on Alonso was unfair and I'm sure we'll hear a lot about that over the next few days :P

Great drives by Hamilton, Button and Barrichello though. If the RBR in-fighting doesn't finish anytime soon McLaren will probably win both championships with an inferior car.

SLwQsg1.png