Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F1 2010 Season

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Verminox
[ Display Name History ]

Verminox

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Posted Image
Posted Image

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts
Pretty much sums it up. I really wanted Button to get Hamilton towards the end too!
"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Severa
My dislike of Vettel is growing more and more, quite simply he's a dangerous driver but I am glad that Webber managed to finish the race and I hope he beats Vettel in the drivers championship. Aside from that incident and the battle between Button and Hamilton that was probably the worst race of the season for entertainment value.
Ferrari and Mercedes need to get a move on, they're in danger of being passed by Renault.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why did they wait so long to pit Webber...
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why did they wait so long to pit Webber...

Well if you want to believe the media, because they favour Vettel :P In all seriousness though, that was ridiculous. He could have finished 3rd, maybe 2nd had they pit him when he had his 11 second lead, but instead they waited until Hamilton was on top of him.
Best race of the season by far though!
Hope to see Schumacher penalised for his appalling defending against Kubica and Massa, seems he thinks he's an exception to the rules. Alonso was unlucky to have been overtaken as a result of traffic by both McLarens. Huge congratulations to Kovalainen for finally finishing above one of the big teams and job well done to Lotus too :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
Spectacular crash for Webber, must have been scary just seeing sky. Shows the safety levels of the cars and the bonus of having the roll bar.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image

Millard
[ Display Name History ]

Millard

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 909 posts
Yea, i can't imagine what he felt when it flipped. Kudos to Vettel, really think he will win it this year. Button seems extremely lucky, whenever he qualifies lower down the grid everyone between him and a podium spot seem to crash etc.
Posted Image

Sam
[ Display Name History ]

Sam

we are the music makers

• Members
  • 9,508 posts
Silverstone tomorrow, anyone watching?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

assassin_696
[ Display Name History ]

assassin_696

The Karma Police

• Members
  • 6,963 posts
Saw most of it, hell of a drive from Button and Vettel to get back to where they did. Solid work from Webber and Hamilton too, Webber's clearly showing he's a serious championship contender.
"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
All I can say is thank god Webber won that and Vettel didn't, disappointed that Vettel even got into the points and he really showed during the race that he expects everything to go his way as until the safety car he wasn't even trying. Christian Horner (RBR Boss) failed to hide his disappointment that Webber won as well, and when Eddie Jordan asked him about it he completely dodged the question.
Steward's decision on Alonso was unfair and I'm sure we'll hear a lot about that over the next few days :P
Great drives by Hamilton, Button and Barrichello though. If the RBR in-fighting doesn't finish anytime soon McLaren will probably win both championships with an inferior car.

SLwQsg1.png

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
What in the world were RBR thinking with giving Vettel the front wing, it is beyond me. As the commentators said, it was poetic justice, Webber was wronged and won out. His smile on the podium showed it all, it felt so good seeing him win.

I think the punishment on Alonso was fair, he should have given the place straight back in my opinion so not doing so ruined his race. Jenson can now add a 4th place to his finish list from 14th alongside a win and 5th.

The new layout track did provide excitement. Its amazing just how much space the Red Bulls make up through the new Abbey corner, there really is something on that car working perfectly.
Posted Image

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
Saw this and it made me laugh: "Red Bull gives you wings... If you are Sebastian Vettel. They take them away if you're Mark Webber."

Apparently Webber is going to go speak to RBR Chiefs and has said he wouldn't have signed a new contract had he known how he'd be treated. Looks like "RBR-gate" isn't going to end anytime soon.

SLwQsg1.png

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
I don't blame him for that either. He is by no means #2 when it comes to the driving and all due respect to Vettel, he just doesn't have the consistency Webber does. Before the Turkey crash, you would never have thought of a rift in that team, but since then it seems to be going very badly, I just hope it doesn't effect their performances on-track too much.
Posted Image

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
All set for an interesting race tomorrow. Ferrari seem to have the faster car but once again the qualifying pace of Vettel keeps RBR hanging on. I personally can't see anyone other than a Ferrari winning tomorrow, Vettel isn't good enough and Ferrari have the car with the best traction and are the best car through turn 1. Could be an interesting race though!

SLwQsg1.png

topham
[ Display Name History ]

topham

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • RSN:Punk Man666
I bought my tickets to the singapore grand prix today. well excited. but its a while away, so i'll just have to wait.

-Destroy Topham-

Posted Image
Posted Image

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
The race was a lot better than I'd expected purely because of the Safety Car, if it wasn't for that then RBR would have probably lapped the whole field. Happy Webber got 1st and Alonso 2nd, really going to make for an interesting second 'half' of the season with 5 drivers separated by 20 points. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rule change in regards to making pit stops under the Safety Car after today, really lucky nobody was seriously hurt.
Schumacher's attempted block on Barrichello was poor, could have had a nasty accident if Barrichello even just clipped the wall, clearly Schumacher hasn't lost his "If I can't have this position, neither can you" mentality.
Great drives from Petrov and Hulkenberg though :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
Ifr the wall was another 2m that could have been a horrific accident. Both cars would have been out and just imagine if a back marker had been exiting the pits at the same time.

Was a good race by Webber, the laps he put in were outstanding.
Posted Image

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
Qualifying for the Belgian GP was so fun. The first round's rain brought so much action. If you turned on the TV, you could have been forgiven in thinking it was the race. Watching them all vie for position trying to qualify at the same time was great.
Posted Image

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
Spa again providing one of the best races of the season, anyone in the top 10 could have won that race at the start. Disappointing for Barrichello that he managed to crash on the first lap of his 300th gp into one of the few cars who was actually going around the corner properly, but that's rain for you. Vettel has further proven he is a joke and shouldn't be allowed near an F1 car, gutted for Button as he deserved a lot better. Can't believe Christian Horner has blamed Button for the incident as well. It was hardly Button's fault Vettel was being reckless on a wet track.
I loved it when Sutil just flew past Schumacher on the straight after Eau Rouge, best bit of the race =D>

SLwQsg1.png

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
I agree, Button was simply driving when Vettel decided to try and overtake and take him out. Was a strange crash though with him going into the side of the car. very good race for Kubica, he is such an under-rated driver. How the top teams haven't picked him up yet is astonishing. He is definitely one of the best drivers out there, constantly pushing that car well above what it should be doing. I didn't see Horner blaming Button, but how on earth can he do that? You would need to be blind to think it was his fault.

Also an incredible race by Schumacher. Love him or hate him, he is a very good driver still. I found his comment funny (especially thinking of the German stereotype) "I must be losing some efficiency, I overtook 15 in '94 or '95, only 14 today"

Spa really is a legendary track, the rain always spices it up and it always rains there.

Looking forward to the next race at Monza. All the teams seem to be very close now. Will Ferrari's drivers even be there?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users