Kuradal - The New Slayer Master?

Sentry_Wolf

From the RSWiki:

Kuradal is an NPC that appears randomly on various slayer locations since 3 December 2009 using a strange teleport. She uses the Monster Examine spell on monsters while saying "Hmm... you'll be coming with me." She also wears an untrimmed Slayer cape. As far as known she can't be talked to yet.

It was speculated that Kuradal is in fact Duradel, due to the similar appearance and name. However, as even people who haven't done While Guthix Sleeps can see Kuradal, she can't be Duradel. In addition, it was confirmed by Mod Chris L on the official RuneScape forums Duradel didn't leave his grave.

* Only people who have completed Smoking Kills have reported to see her.

2e4ya9w.png

Credit to viralaether for managing to take a picture of her in-game!

Discuss!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the video, although I haven't seen it in game.

[youtubehq]QPJdRgxi3rA[/youtubehq

I want that armour.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I was just killing abby demons and saw her.

I wasn't really paying attention and thought it was a random event or something as it shot some spell. But I did think the name looked like Duradel :P

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I want that armour.

Me too. It's tres hot! <3:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I was going to post about this on 3rd of December but was waiting for pictures etc which I don't have theres a topic on TSG about this, here's my take on this, quoting myself from TSG ofcourse!

When a slayer master dies he or she is replaced by a family member, so that's why we now have Lapalok who is infact Duradels cousin, because of the markings and the name for Kuradel it's definately Duradels sister or mother.

Taken from the Runescape Content team Q&A for you to discuss the upcoming slayer update (it's not a monster sorry)

Mod Fetzki: We do have a small Slayer update planned, but that concentrates on the training aspect of the skill rather than the reward aspect.

I am most looking forward to the Slayer update, which will bring a small, but nice, item with it.

Question :Are 90+ Slayer monsters planned for this year?

Mod Mark: No.

From past updates putting spoilers in of an NPC usually point to a quest, such as summers end had a leak of ghosts screaming about a beast devouring souls and before WGS the messenger of armadyl giving players a note who sided agains Lucien in the temple of Ikov, I can say this MIGHT be Kuradel wanting vengeance on Lucien although this is purely speculation and could very much be a sequel to WGS.

Would Jagex put in an npc for a tiny slayer update? or for a major sequel to a quest? in the past it's only been for quests.

Or could this be a slayer update? *not a monster though*

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Intriguing, I hope this means another huge quest.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Her armor looks similar to the ones, some of the heroes were wearing in While Guthix Sleeps. Here.

As another user has mentioned, those armors look pretty spiffy!

Ah yes I forgot about this! good find :)

Its starting to seem like the slayer master position is as cursed as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers in Harry Potter lol.

How'd you figure that?

2 slayer masters died.

Nomore have died

And since Kuradel AND Laplok are in-game at the same time it suggests a new master not a replacment.

Equally you're wording is fail neway because there are 6 slayer masters as it is, not 1

=P

On-topic:

Deffo seems intriguing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Its starting to seem like the slayer master position is as cursed as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers in Harry Potter lol.

How'd you figure that?

2 slayer masters died.

Nomore have died

And since Kuradel AND Laplok are in-game at the same time it suggests a new master not a replacment.

Equally you're wording is fail neway because there are 6 slayer masters as it is, not 1

=P

On-topic:

Deffo seems intriguing

Well, I thought it was hilarious. :P And a new slayer master would be cool, though from what smelly says I think it might be a new quest.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

Mod Fetzki: We do have a small Slayer update planned, but that concentrates on the training aspect of the skill rather than the reward aspect.

I am most looking forward to the Slayer update, which will bring a small, but nice, item with it.

Year.

The years over in less than a month.

Here I am slaying my [wagon] off and I've yet to see her. <_< Sounds very cool. Sounds like she may be part of a sequel to Smoking Kills, and have something to do with the large contraptions down in the desert slayer dungeon.

Or, perhaps, a REAL slayers guild.

I'm eagerly awaiting the slayer update, however small.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Year.

Exactly it's still 2009, so he could be saying no in 09 But for 2010 we might have a surprise

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

Year.

Exactly it's still 2009, so he could be saying no in 09 But for 2010 we might have a surprise

You're living in a fantasy world lol I would eat my socks if this happens, this is either a quest or the slayer guild

Year.

You're living in a fantasy world lol I would eat my socks if this happens, this is either a quest or the slayer guild

Also you're assuming this year means calendar year; it could very well mean 12 months from the date on interview whihc wuld take us til like nxt summer

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Year.

Also you're assuming this year means calendar year; it could very well mean 12 months from the date on interview whihc wuld take us til like nxt summer

"This year" obviously means 2009 as there are no other years atm.. (except other cultures which he don't belong to)

[404] Signature not found.

it is in no way obvious it means 2009.

It could easily mean buisness year since jagex are a buisness.

And like I said, if the interview was in july they can easily mean this year as in july 09 - june 10

Plv6Dz6.jpg