Graphics:Weapon Animation/Appearance

johnisfun987

I personally hate some of the new weapon looks and animation. I liked the old dragon scimitar picture much better, and the new obby maul attack looks so dumb. I know that I am complaining about pixels, but if I am paying 12 dollars a month for two member accounts, I consider it reasonable to be able to look like the player requested it. I want there to be polls about the graphics updates, so Jagex actually knows what the players want. For instance, the obby maul attack is at the same speed, but the animation itself is slower. When I pk on my pure with it, I switch from another faster attack style to the maul. People can now see it coming, thus making it harder to pk people. Why change the speed for one particular weapon?

What is the point in changing the dragon scimitar picture? It's not like the new one looks any better. I either want every graphic update by public opinion, or it to be personal. (like under the tool icon) Jagex is once again being completely impersonal to their players.

Erm yeah the new looks IS how most players wanted them to look.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I personally hate some of the new weapon looks and animation. I liked the old dragon scimitar picture much better, and the new obby maul attack looks so dumb. I know that I am complaining about pixels, but if I am paying 12 dollars a month for two member accounts, I consider it reasonable to be able to look like the player requested it. I want there to be polls about the graphics updates, so Jagex actually knows what the players want. For instance, the obby maul attack is at the same speed, but the animation itself is slower. When I pk on my pure with it, I switch from another faster attack style to the maul. People can now see it coming, thus making it harder to pk people. Why change the speed for one particular weapon?

What is the point in changing the dragon scimitar picture? It's not like the new one looks any better. I either want every graphic update by public opinion, or it to be personal. (like under the tool icon) Jagex is once again being completely impersonal to their players.

I'm not saying we should change all of the looks, but some of them are relatively pointless. For instance, I like the new ss animation, but hate the obby maul animation.

So through some miraculous event Jagex decides to listen to you and change the weapon animations/appearance back. More people will whine to change it back. Then after Jagex obliges them, some others will whine to do otherwise. Ad infinitum.

Jagex is always sitting on a see-saw. They can't please everyone, but as long as they please enough people, it's good enough.

I actually like the new weapon animation and appearance than it was before.

Before: Your rune scimitar/longsword looks like a plastic blue rod, and you look like you're bashing with a stick.

After: Your rune scimitar/longsword looks like a REAL sword, and swing like one.

Also, function > fashion, although both are important. Would you like a game with awesome looking but crap usefulness weapons?

Then again, this is cosmetic so it's purely subjective. Not really rant worthy tbh. If you don't like it, too bad, a ton of others do.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I actually like the new weapon animation and appearance than it was before.

Before: Your rune scimitar/longsword looks like a plastic blue rod, and you look like you're bashing with a stick.

After: Your rune scimitar/longsword looks like a REAL sword, and swing like one.

Also, function > fashion, although both are important. Would you like a game with awesome looking but crap usefulness weapons?

Then again, this is cosmetic so it's purely subjective. Not really rant worthy tbh. If you don't like it, too bad, a ton of others do.

Well said.

Speaking of weapon graphics, why didn't they do anything to range and magic weaponry?

Notice the only stuff updated are melee weapons.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

We'll just have to assume that they have future plans for different aspects of Combat, although thinking about the Ranged actions being combat sounds good.

In general, I don't think many people can complain about Weapon Animation or Appearance, I mean it's nowhere near perfect, but at least Jagex have tried to improve it for us. :thumbup:

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Speaking of weapon graphics, why didn't they do anything to range and magic weaponry?

Notice the only stuff updated are melee weapons.

They said they had some issues when they tried to finish up the Animation Pack 2. I personally don't dig on the new look of the short/long swords, but the 2handers and scimitar are better.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

but the 2handers and scimitar are better.

have you seen the d2h?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

In my opinion what has gotten

WORST: Dragon 2H , zamorak godsword spec, all scimitars and longswords

BETTER: All the rest of the 2H swords, Abyssal whip, all other special attacks

so they did most of em better but i loved the old d scimmy... this one looks like a plastic pirate thing

STOP HATING PIRATES

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

In my opinion what has gotten

BETTER: All the rest of the 2H swords, Abyssal whip, all other special attacks

so they did most of em better but i loved the old d scimmy... this one looks like a plastic pirate thing

STOP HATING PIRATES

i actually think persians and arabians used it way before pirates =O

Rainbow_Dude.png

I hate almost all of the new weapon styles.

Like: All scimtars and two handers.

Hate: All longswords, shortswords, silver/darklight, whip.

I like the animation, though.

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

• 1 month later...

Only thing i hate is the new d2h`s hilt. It used to look different from other 2h`s. Now it`s just all the same.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I hate almost all of the new weapon styles.

Like: All scimtars and two handers.

Hate: All longswords, shortswords, silver/darklight, whip.

I like the animation, though.

Wait... You're telling me you prefered the silverlight/darklight looking like a thin twig, rather than actually looking like a demon slaying sword?

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

I stab something with an ice covered sword and it explodes in a bunch of ice shards? That's just badass.

Otherwise agreed mostly. D2H was awesome before the change, as was dscim.

Everything else was a major improvement to the play dough scimitars and stick longswords.

I liked it better before as well. The new weapons look like plastic toys. I think the only weapon that was improved is Dharok's greataxe.

I actually thought the NEW weapons look better, and that the OLD ones are the ones that look like plastic toys to me. Lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

There's two things that bother me, one more than the other:

I hate the way we hold scimitars now. I liked it when our arms were more relaxed. They look really... stupid.

I don't like that we stand pigeon-toed when holding a 2h sword.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.