A Christmas Warble - 11-Dec-2009

Carl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was expecting a blog today (thursday-fridays) and woo it's a christmas blog, can't wait :) should be fun, the ice dragon looks sweet reminds me of tutorial 1

yeah that dragon is pretty cool looking i hope they bring a more permanent dragon into the game that looks like that

Indeed. Ice Dragons FTW! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to this event. I really liked the reward last year (all cynicism about price manipulation aside) and I'm hoping that this year's reward is something festive I can wear along with it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps last year's storyline wasn't completely "Christmas themed", but having to thaw out a frozen Santa Claus was pretty cool. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

"It's been decided (I believe rightfully so) that holiday reward items shouldn't give players a notable in-game advantage."

:thumbup:

Hasn't it always been like that? :???:

Yeah, well, at least since they realized that hoarders were making million off of disc. items. I think that he put that in there to make sure all of the newbs knew that it wouldn't be tradable or some kind of super weapon.

you know what, I really thought the idea of making holiday related quests and letting f2p do them for 2 weeks and then making them members was a good idea. I don't think they should do it every year and for every holiday, but I think it's great.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

you know what, I really thought the idea of making holiday related quests and letting f2p do them for 2 weeks and then making them members was a good idea. I don't think they should do it every year and for every holiday, but I think it's great.

Same. Even just once a year would be awesome. Sure, you get some more low-level quests, but they're fun and they give f2p something new to do for a little while. (inb4 "F2p doesn't deserve anything new, even for just two weeks!")

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

Yeah, every year make one of the big three(Easter, Christmas, Halloween) holday events a quest. I mean over 6 years they would only add 2 holiday quests and so it won't seem like their is an overabbundance of them.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

When do people think the event will be released? Christmas is on a Friday this year. So they could either release it Thursday or Friday the week before (17th/18th) or wait until Monday (21st). Monday seems to late but how often do we get Friday updates? I'm leaning towards the 17th.

Well FTP3 is still scheduled this month I think, last year the Xmas event was released on the 16th, so around that timeframe I guess (we could get 2 updates next week)

Judging upon the Card cut off of the 18th, which is a week before Christmas (Traditionally events have been one week before, one week after.) I think it may come out on the 18th, although this leaves us with a Friday update, which is generally unlikely.

1yrb49.jpg

"It's been decided (I believe rightfully so) that holiday reward items shouldn't give players a notable in-game advantage."

I'm guessing they had some sort of argument or atleast discussion over whether or not it should stay 'useless'.

I'm also guessing the good side won :).

I'm guessing they had some sort of argument or atleast discussion over whether or not it should stay 'useless'.

I'm also guessing the good side won :).

I love the word "notable." A re-loadable Snowball cannon that does a small amount of damage and no exp at all would be fantastic, but that is unlikely. Maybe this year will be the first year since the scyth that a wield-able with stats above 0 will be released. Only time will tell.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I wish they would do a global drop just for old time's sake on at least one holiday... Simple, but fun. :P

Yeah, they should drop party hats on everyone! :lol:

"Merry Christmas RuneScape, we've just decimated the upper levels of the economy!" *insert evil, maniacal laugh here*

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Ok that's fine with me that the holiday items don't need to be useful. Just try and be a little original. For example not making a Santa suit when we already have a hat..there were a lot better choices they could have made.

Ultimately though it's Jagex's decision of what they want to do with their game, and I am happy that we get holiday events at all and at the quality of which they are.

Looking forward to it. :smile:

Big_Stingman.png

Ok that's fine with me that the holiday items don't need to be useful. Just try and be a little original. For example not making a Santa suit when we already have a hat..there were a lot better choices they could have made.

Ultimately though it's Jagex's decision of what they want to do with their game, and I am happy that we get holiday events at all and at the quality of which they are.

Looking forward to it. :smile:

I'm pretty sure they released the santa suit BECAUSE of the hat. (And obviously also because of the guranteed content poll, although I wish the Reindeer pet would have won :/...)

Don't think anyone has posted this.

The Christmas card is available here and shows the three main characters of our upcoming Christmas event.

warble_thumb.jpg

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Hmm, since he said it had to do with the event, and with the picture with all the ice creatures, could it be something icy? Probably been said but it's the idea I got after reading it;

Anyway, it's getting me excited for the event, I always liked holiday events, a good reward was just a bonus, never minded a less fun reward.

Hmm, since he said it had to do with the event, and with the picture with all the ice creatures, could it be something icy? Probably been said but it's the idea I got after reading it;

Anyway, it's getting me excited for the event, I always liked holiday events, a good reward was just a bonus, never minded a less fun reward.

You have to admit a reward like Eek is awesome ^.-.

Am I the only to notice the glow around the dragon, and around the environment? I'm guessing that that is the Bloom we've all been waiting for. Looks nice.

Now that you mention it, there is a slight glow to the ice creatures. :o

My prediction of this months updates were like this:

Week 1: Quest {The Temple at Senntisten}

Week 2: Slayer Update {Kuradal's Dungeon}

Week 3: Guild-Content {Unknown to me}

Week 4: Christmas Event

Week 5: Quest {Fairy Tale III} Together with Bloom Effect

Covering the major cities with a layer of snow would be nice.

This is something I can agree with.

This is why I love playing Guild Wars during the Christmas holiday. It's the only game I've known to take the holiday very seriously -- tons of events, actual snow in game, great rewards.