Multi Site Steel War 5 is a no.

Neos_Matrix

Well, it has occured to me, that one year has passed since the Multi Site Steel War. Or as we like to call it; MSSW.

Why hasn't a 5th war started? Has it failed? Or is it too dangerous to wage war against other fansites?

Discuss.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the last war was won by tip.it there were a lot of backstabbers. Rune hq (if i recall correctly, it could've been another major site) decided not to show up at all.

So i think the interest for a new MSSW is a little bit low ;)

How unfortunate it might be. :|

sigei.png

trechter.png

picture9hn2.png

another reason not to join bsc/esc/fsc

angel2w.gif

Because it just doesn't work with "clan wars". It is one clan fighting another clan. You can't have it be five clans fighting eachother.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Multi Site Steel War must be done again, for our mass-slaughter skills might go rusty if it isnt done right, and after all, what fun is it, to hold the prize for being the greatest, if no challengers are present.

It could work in pvp high level wilderness - it's basically even better level diffirence then previous wilderness system.

And about the last war: Tip.It won because of the brute force we brought, over 600 people on a single tile, the warriors began gathering several hours before, we outnumbered them so greatly that most of the enemie's didn't bother going, as they spied on our numbers, RuneScape comunity was supposed to be our biggest enemy, but their clans didnt come, so, it was like this: huge numbers of our ranks, few numbers of their ranks. So it was bound for backstabbing to happen, also lets not forget that some rune armor clans interfered , altho they were forced to retreat by our swigt change of force. I amnaged to not die in battle for I wanted to see what shall become of the battlefield later so I ouran my opponents and logged out in north, and when I loged in more then 2 hours later, there were still poeple battling, and bones laying everywhere. i saw the scouts declare our victory and crown Tip.It victorious.

So if Thy noble knight( forgot the name) who used to set up this war is still present, he should organise the war.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

The reason another MSSW5 isn't going to happen is that tip.it (allegedly) did not give the other fansites sufficient advanced notice for MSSW4 and as such not many from Zybez rallied for the war, while a great many tip.iters turned out. Because of this, tip.it utterly crushed the other fansites. Now none of the other fansites are willing to participate in future wars, which IMO is bullcrap, but what can you do :unsure:

It was the most epic war ive ever participated in. :P

We probably had like 5-10 people per 1 opponent in numbers.

Would be really cool if another was made.

MMSSW4 was so cool, really makes you appreciate the community we have here :). But sadly, about ten minutes after we started someone yelled "Hipp is a backstabber!" and everyone piled me :(.

I never could forgive those traitors... :evil:

Wouldn't say no to a fifth War, if the other sites can come up with enough fighters :rolleyes: Are they showing any interest in this?

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

It just gets too big. It's not a war if there isn't anyone to fight. Last year was a failure because of loads of BS'ers and just noone to fight (which caused the BS'ers). If we were going to have another clan wars, we should make it so there are multiple wars across a few worlds. If we were going to start another MSSW, we would need to get the word out a few months in advance, so other sites have time to get ready. Maybe we could get Jagex to help out on that? (Make a world with... idk a 4k person limit if possible?)

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

yes, MSSW's were alot of fun. this year, we could have less backstabbing, seeing how team capes are now f2p.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

If only Jagex could host a server only for the MSSW where the player cap was over 2000.

Would be epic.

go suggest that on their community events board. tho, you might have to explain what MSSW is, and why we need a bigger cap.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

All I could remember of the past MSSWs was the sheer number of Tipiters (which people from other sites complain about since they can't get in the server anymore) and the massive spam wars in almost every big/popular unofficial Tipit chat where people complain "site A bs'd site B" or "site A only won because site B didn't get enough prep time to gather ppl" and "Site B would've pwnd Site A if only Site A clans came."

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Time to quench some rumors here

"The reason another MSSW5 isn't going to happen is that tip.it (allegedly) did not give the other fansites sufficient advanced notice for MSSW4 and as such not many from Zybez rallied for the war"

If anything; Zybez would not need much time to rally, as with all of their clans they have a pretty good comand and communications structure in place...

Time was plenty for us; so basicly it should have been enough for all sites...

"But sadly, about ten minutes after we started someone yelled "Hipp is a backstabber!" and everyone piled me. I never could forgive those traitors..."

Unfortunately, in the last war, this was our enemy, hiding as a fifth column setting us up against one another, and every single one of those already wore our own teamcape... I warned about this well ahead of time and that you should not be angry about it (cmon, protect item and all you lose is a power ammy and some steal)...

Zybez/RuneScape Community (its the same thing) did decide to not show up at all..

They won the 1st and 2nd war... We unexpectedly won the third one (and did not join any alliance against RSC/Zybez for that matter), and they have never recovered form that blow... Suddenly a fansite based around organised fighting in large quantities on f2p was not the best at fighting in f2p...

The fourth one was a disgrace... Not only did Tip.it not have any real enemy to fight (Pure Community was our biggest opponent and decimated within 2 minutes by those 600 people at my shiny white-armored [wagon]), but on top of that Zybez, our main enemy that could offer some resistance, decided not to show because;

It was all about gaining ad-traffic anyways

Odd enough they didnt seem to mind that during the first three wars...

Somehow the message got lost that this isnt about who is the best fansite (although morally, Zybez/RSC lost bigtime), but it is about having fun... Let the few people who want to take this war as a serious test of strength take it as serious as they want it; we could use their planning and organisation... But for the rest; just follow the crowd and hack away at anything non-green, and have fun while doign that...

As for MSSW5, I am still in contact with the original creator, but as things are looking; Tip.it would win it again anyways because Zybez/RSC aren't ever going to participate, and so the other fansites think they dont have a chance either...

The only way I can see this happen is if we take it to the ultimate fight ever; and make it a Tip.it vs RSoF fight... And that will be a tough one to beat!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The only way I can see this happen is if we take it to the ultimate fight ever; and make it a Tip.it vs RSoF fight... And that will be a tough one to beat!

Do it! It really just comes down to finding an opponent to fight and RSoF is that.

tFtfA.jpg

would the other fansites be interested if it were us vs all of them at once?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

would the other fansites be interested if it were us vs all of them at once?

MSSW4 kinda was already...

Like I said... ONLY the official RuneScape forums are what stand in our way...

And we might be able to summon another thousand green capes (just like in MSSW3) but th other thousand will most definitly be from RSoF...

Think how vusy the clue fest event was... Now think that we should face that all on th battlefield...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Because it just doesn't work with "clan wars". It is one clan fighting another clan. You can't have it be five clans fighting eachother.

It was always done in PvP and was always a cluster fight, that's why it's a STEEL war.

j0xPu5R.png

I wonder why Tip It owns MSSWs so much, I was in one and we did in fact overwhelm everyone. I could barely find any enemies lol, I thought Zybez has more daily views than we do.

I've wondered this too, since the consensus is we're more of a skilling forum (when was the last time someone with all cmb 99's with 45 slayer and all other non cmbs below 60 got a good rate?) while Zybez imo is a more cmb oriented site.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I wonder why Tip It owns MSSWs so much, I was in one and we did in fact overwhelm everyone. I could barely find any enemies lol, I thought Zybez has more daily views than we do.

I've wondered this too, since the consensus is we're more of a skilling forum (when was the last time someone with all cmb 99's with 45 slayer and all other non cmbs below 60 got a good rate?) while Zybez imo is a more cmb oriented site.

Its worse then that... Zybez would not exist if it was not for all the massive clans on it... It is a site based around combat clans, and most of those do f2p (bunch of cheapskates)...

As to why Tip.it owned?

The first two wars we could hold our own, largely due to having roughly an equal amount of numbers, but no plan to go with...

When the third war arrived (the first one I got activly involved in) I knew that any sort of plan was out of the question with a forum full of inexperienced people... So me and a whole bunch of others vouched to get as many people as possible online at least an hour before the war... We spammed the forums, made sigs, guides to gear and inventory set-up, and even pushed to have it posted as an announcement on the main page of tip.it, and it paid off...

MSSW3 saw AT LEAST A THOUSAND people all in the same green capes on one world (a green cape was 15k that day)... This bombarded us instantly to being the organisers of the LARGEST DEATHMARCH EVER, completely crushing the record of a meager 400 people which was set 5 years before that...

Need proof?

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

This was when we actually had a fight to do... Odd enough, two days later they removed the wilderness...

At MSSW4 (I was a General then) our biggest enemy pulled out, we only pulled a "mere" 700 people, and there were more backstabbers... (you might remember one guy being in all white armor instead of steel... That was me ;))

More information can be found through the link in my signature...

But our conscription campaigns worked :) And should an MSSW5 ever happen, trust me that I will once again do everything in my power to make sure we have enough people online, and online early enough to completely own the server... It is the only way that Tip.it has a chance :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

I remember going to the second and third ones. Never made it to the fourth one though...heard we dominated. If they do another MSSW they could do something along the lines of a tournement. The leaders of all the sites could get together and build a bracket system and just have the battles over the course of several weeks through clan wars. Just a suggestion.

Big_Stingman.png