21-Dec-09 Christmas 09 Event

Toad

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda bummed out about taking off my skill cape. I feel that making us take off our capes was completely unnecessary. The event could proceed without taking off the cape.

It was quite unnecessary. Honestly it disgusts me looking at the RSOF responses. Members are using the "no P2P on F2P" argument to hide the truly snobbish and selfish personalities that they possess. I feel ashamed to have actually posted on there regularly with the lack of holiday spirit I'm seeing now. Jagex really needs to stop allowing this... :shame:

I'm kinda bummed out about taking off my skill cape. I feel that making us take off our capes was completely unnecessary. The event could proceed without taking off the cape.

It was quite unnecessary. Honestly it disgusts me looking at the RSOF responses. Members are using the "no P2P on F2P" argument to hide the truly snobbish and selfish personalities that they possess. I feel ashamed to have actually posted on there regularly with the lack of holiday spirit I'm seeing now. Jagex really needs to stop allowing this... :shame:

Looking at Jagex' FAQ answers, they seem to think the same...

priest_wiz.png

They have a point though, why would f2p wear something that is p2p? It brings no benefits in f2p and i don't see why complain about something you should not be wearing...

They have a point though, why would f2p wear something that is p2p? It brings no benefits in f2p and i don't see why complain about something you should not be wearing...

Because it's a way to show off our skills and look unique in F2P. Not everything is about stat benefits. I didn't like having to remove my P2P robes, boots, etc but I can see why I had to wear the ghost robes. But forcing us to remove the cape because its not 'ghostly' enough is just cruel. Especially after Jagex scrapped their plans to allow F2P to buy skill capes. F2P need to spend more time and money skilling to get high levels and we don't get anything to show for it. I know....I know....we don't pay, but still when skills cost 3x as much and are 5x slower I think we should get something. It took me just as long to get 75 rc in F2P as it would have taken to get 99 in P2P.

Because it's a way to show off our skills and look unique in F2P. Not everything is about stat benefits. I didn't like having to remove my P2P robes, boots, etc but I can see why I had to wear the ghost robes. But forcing us to remove the cape because its not 'ghostly' enough is just cruel. Especially after Jagex scrapped their plans to allow F2P to buy skill capes. F2P need to spend more time and money skilling to get high levels and we don't get anything to show for it. I know....I know....we don't pay, but still when skills cost 3x as much and are 5x slower I think we should get something. It took me just as long to get 75 rc in F2P as it would have taken to get 99 in P2P.

There you ahve a point, i believe F2pP should get Skillcapes, if anyone in f2p gets a 99, they deserve a skillcape more than any member, but until then i stay on my ground, but hey there is always quick chat where you can say your levels

Just to confirm, for the Xmas event, we get Candy Cane, Xmas Ghost Robes, and Dramatic Point Emote right?

I think we also unlock 3 new music, Silent Knight, Ghost of Xmas Present, and Smorgebord?

Just want to make sure not missing anything, lol.

a happy Runescaper

Just to confirm, for the Xmas event, we get Candy Cane, Xmas Ghost Robes, and Dramatic Point Emote right?

I think we also unlock 3 new music, Silent Knight, Ghost of Xmas Present, and Smorgebord?

Just want to make sure not missing anything, lol.

Yep.

All this uproar over capes... maybe they really should just rename the game "CapeScape"

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

erm about rc

ya..... well with the air gloves u get 10 exp per ess, thats like crafting deaths... ofc without the pounches.... but its still good

Oake

I was kinda po'ed that it took 10 min to find my imp and 20 min to find the old man because it was so crowded. Seriously, this has happened enough before that you'd think they would have learned by now to have important npcs appear on top of everyone else. They certainly got it right with the Halloween event at least... Ah well, at least the event looked pretty.

2dgucz6.png

I was kinda po'ed that it took 10 min to find my imp and 20 min to find the old man because it was so crowded. Seriously, this has happened enough before that you'd think they would have learned by now to have important npcs appear on top of everyone else. They certainly got it right with the Halloween event at least... Ah well, at least the event looked pretty.

Maybe the new Mod forgot, he's just a newbie you know :razz:.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Maybe the new Mod forgot, he's just a newbie you know :razz:.

Well yeah but then shouldn't there be other mods supervising?

2dgucz6.png

There you ahve a point, i believe F2pP should get Skillcapes, if anyone in f2p gets a 99, they deserve a skillcape more than any member, but until then i stay on my ground, but hey there is always quick chat where you can say your levels

Unfortunately, I am one of those snobs. What gives you the right to wear something that other F2prs cannot? Its members content, you are not a member, quit complaining.

However, I do see your point. If Jagex is faced with this decision again, I will support you - just for the sake of Christmas spirit. The people I really don't support are the ones spamming up RSOF Recent Updates with complaints about Jagex ruining their life by removing a members item which they can no longer put back on.

On a brighter note, I thought it was a great event. I went the day before Christmas, and it was not crowded, but had enough people that you could start a snowball fight and make it last at least 15 minutes. And the graphics were verynice.

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!