Beer Pong

Cabbage_Boii

I don't understand the "same cup and you win" rule. That's absolutely ridiculous...that happens usually at least twice a game for me :mellow:

Well if you don't play with that rule then you aren't worried about the other team getting two in the same cup, and it would happen a lot more. Since we do play with that rule as soon as the first ball makes it in you have to be quick and snatch it before the next person throws.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get a load of plastic cups and a lot of table tennis balls.

I fancy giving this a shot.

Just a question what size cups do you use? Half pint, pint or just any old cup?

RED CUPS.

There is no other option.

red_cup.jpg

Usually filled to about half or less though :razz:

Here's my apartment's rules:

First of all

Girls blow, guys finger

I like that game!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I don't understand the "same cup and you win" rule. That's absolutely ridiculous...that happens usually at least twice a game for me :mellow:

Well if you don't play with that rule then you aren't worried about the other team getting two in the same cup, and it would happen a lot more. Since we do play with that rule as soon as the first ball makes it in you have to be quick and snatch it before the next person throws.

Ohhhhh I understand...you play pull ball. We leave it in there so the other ball tends to bounce off the other instead of actually going in.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I thought people like to drink, so why is getting the person to drink, a bad thing?

It's not most of the time, which is why you usually play with a drink in your hand. We usually don't put much beer in each cup since it is more about the game than the alcohol.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I thought people like to drink, so why is getting the person to drink, a bad thing?

It's to get them to vomit, by the time they vomit you're pretty drunk anyway.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Circle of death. Put all the cards face down and go around in a circle drawing a card doing what the card stands for.

Yeah that's it, couldn't remember the name. Can also be played with a Euchre deck if you don't want to get a lot of the generic drink ones.

We call it Kings. I think because when you get a king everyone pours a bit of their beer into a cup in the middle, then, when the last king is picked the person who got it has to chug the drink in the middle.

Also, I never really play beer pong, I usually go for flip cup because there is so much pressure and it can get really down to the wire.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Kings for me is you deal out the entire deck, first three people to get a King put a drink of their choice into the cup, fourth drinks.

Beer Pong for me has these rules:

6 cups each side (Triangle)

A bounce and a throw each = 1 cup (The one that was thrown into)

Bounces CANNOT be swatted (Swatted bounce = drink)

Throws CAN be swatted.

Pull the ball and remove cup from play.

If all your cups are gone, you lose.

Best played with half full/full cups, multiple rounds, with partners.

And the blow/finger rules brought up just make me wonder when the hell they come into play. I'm guessing losers do winners?

Also for a very simple game, Flip Cup:

2 teams of at least 3-4.

Every team member has 1 cup (Red plastic), filled with beer.

Teams sit/stand on A) either side of a table facing each other or B) same side facing same way.

Starting at one end of each line (Team), each person chugs their drink, places cup open side-down near edge of table so that some of the cup overhangs, and hits the over hang up attempting to get the cup to land right side-up. Once this is done, next person can start drinking.

First team to finish wins.

Play several rounds (Of course you aren't going to be drunk until at least the 4th drink).

FULL CUPS.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

We call it Kings. I think because when you get a king everyone pours a bit of their beer into a cup in the middle, then, when the last king is picked the person who got it has to chug the drink in the middle.

Kings is a different game, the circle of cards is the only similarity. In kings you pick up a card, if it is red you drink (or drink twice) and if it black you pass. If it is a king you pour some in the middle cup, the person to draw the fourth king drinks the cup (and usually the game ends). Circle of Death is a lot more complicated, each card does a different thing (for example one of the face cards would start a waterfall, one of the other face cards is for categories, another is for rhymes and another one is for socials)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Kings is a different game, the circle of cards is the only similarity. In kings you pick up a card, if it is red you drink (or drink twice) and if it black you pass. If it is a king you pour some in the middle cup, the person to draw the fourth king drinks the cup (and usually the game ends). Circle of Death is a lot more complicated, each card does a different thing (for example one of the face cards would start a waterfall, one of the other face cards is for categories, another is for rhymes and another one is for socials)

I like your version of Kings more than mine.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

It's experience.

I've actually never played Kings, just looked it up. It wouldn't work too well with my group since almost half don't drink (drivers) but still usually play the games and the other half pretty much everyone drinks something different (rum, whiskey, vodka, crap beer, good beer).

Interesting how each of the other two games you just mentioned (beer pong and flip cup) have a rule that is the exact opposite of what I play (swatting the toss instead of bounce, flipping upside down to right side up instead of right side up to upside down).

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The way we play Kings over here must be the same as the way your play circle of death.

Two - You

Three - Me

Four - Floor

etc

Of course the rules for each card changes across the world but its the same drift

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

CoD(Circe of Death) Is really fun as well, gets you right drunk. Some of these rules for Beer Pong I recognise, others not so much. How we play here with the whole "swatting" its direct shot at a cup can be swatted, bounces cannot.

Let your yellow mellow.

I've actually never played Kings, just looked it up. It wouldn't work too well with my group since almost half don't drink (drivers) but still usually play the games and the other half pretty much everyone drinks something different (rum, whiskey, vodka, crap beer, good beer).

Interesting how each of the other two games you just mentioned (beer pong and flip cup) have a rule that is the exact opposite of what I play (swatting the toss instead of bounce, flipping upside down to right side up instead of right side up to upside down).

I think it's just that me, my friends, and the people my friends know like it when the game is harder. Plus I doubt we follow the rules all that strictly.

It's experience.

Hmmm what you call Circle of Death/Kings we call Ring of Fire, regional/continental differences ftw.

Pongs fun, we usually throw in the 'If it bounces of multiple cups before entering a cup, that person has to drink all cups hit'. Just usually ends up with one person having to take out like 4 cups but we play quite a few games before we head out.

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Awesome when it's a ridiculous combo, once had to drink pear cider + rum/coke + beer.

Dirty king cup.

Beer pong is pretty fun, but I need to get better at it lol. I like playing caps

Two people sit across from eachother with a bottle on the ground

You put caps on the top of the bottles

Take turns trying to hit the cap off, with a cap lol

If you knock it off you get to go again

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Here we goooo...!!!

6Cups (triangle)

all filled with water (must play with a full alcoholic drink with you)

Must drink 1/6 of the cup per cup lost

1 Re-rack

Overtime= 3 Cups in triangle

Last Stand= If all cups are cleared, the losing team can attemp to hit every cup in order to tie

Throw=1cup

Bounce(can be swatted)=2cups

Off the Wall= 3cups

Can swat after it hits the cup

Spilling a cup=instant loss

Both players get in same cup on 1 turn=win

Both players get in separate cups= Free turn

If the ball bounces back to the thrower without hitting the ground, they get to re-throw, but they must throw from behind the back.

If you get the ball into a players cup they MUST drink it, or forfit the match (any cup on the players side that isnt filled with water is considered theirs)

* I once saw a guy try to drink dip spit becuase of that rule

Its really not at all complicated and they have a poster that allows you to fill in your own rules that is on the wall next to the table (the tables against the wall)

These are basically the rules I've seen most frequently, minus the off the wall one. Also, the other team can only attempt a "last stand" if the other team used a re-rack. Sometimes if there's a lot of people waiting to play, we'll play civil war beer pong. Basically it's a 3v3 game with 3 cups in front of each player. Once the three cups in front of you are hit, you're gone.

I think it's just that me, my friends, and the people my friends know like it when the game is harder. Plus I doubt we follow the rules all that strictly.

That makes sense for flip cup, but bouncing it in for beer pong is easier than toss (which is why you can swat it)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ah! This is why most American beer tastes like water.

If I had a choice, I would choose to drink much better beer, but unfortunately all that is provided is crappy "light" beer. It's more about quantity than quality. You'd understand if you've ever had a Natural Light.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ah! This is why most American beer tastes like water.

If I had a choice, I would choose to drink much better beer, but unfortunately all that is provided is crappy "light" beer. It's more about quantity than quality. You'd understand if you've ever had a Natural Light.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing a drinking game with Twisted Thistle ale or something with actual taste. Chugging down pint after pint - ughh, it'd be horrible.

2009rb9.jpg

Here's my apartment's rules:

First of all, we play water pong, much more sanitary. Just drink your own drink when they sink. Games go faster, and it's more fun.

10 cups, ONE re-rack, cannot re-rack in the middle of the turn (ie, when you get balls back), Honeycomb/circle of death means nothing.

Throw=1 cup , Bounce=2 cups, Same cup both thrown=3 cups+balls back, Same cup 1 bounce 1 throw=4 cups+bb, Same cup both bounce=5 cups+bb

Bounces may be swatted.

Girls blow, guys finger

Rebuttal is allowed as long as the cups made do not exceed cups left by winning team (ie, if you have 2 cups left and you both make the same cup, it's game over)

Losing team throws until they miss during rebuttal

Overtime: 3 cups, triangle rack, no rebuttal.

Center cup is the "Helen Keller cup". Anyone deaf, dumb, and blind could hit that cup. Also referred to as the "freshman cup".

Finally....NBA JAM RULES!

2 cups in a row by one player and they are "heeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaattttinnn' up!" but the player must be "called in" by his or her teammate. 3 cups in a row and said person is "on fire" (again must be called in by teammate) and shoots until he or she misses.

My record with my roommate is 13 games in a row winning. The streak was only broken because our landlord showed up haha.

Exact same rules I play with, but to speed up the getting drunk process we make our Helen Keller cup a ginenkugel (mixture of gin and leinenkugel). Also, if it's 2 guys vs 2 girls it's auto strip pong (which more often then not results in the 2 guys in their boxers >.<)

However, let me introduce you guys to the Mario Kart Wii drinking game - we usually do 3 races on 150 cc, computer on hard, items on aggressive, and random course selection then whatever place you're in after those 3 races is how many shots you take, or if you'd rather play more you can half it (12 shots per 3 races doesn't let you play very long if you're terrible). However you decide to do it though, it's lots of fun. :D

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25