Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beer Pong

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Cabbage_Boii
[ Display Name History ]

Cabbage_Boii

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Growing Ops
  • RSN2:Scoobi Doobi
  • Clan:I Art Thou SuperTramp
CoD(Circe of Death) Is really fun as well, gets you right drunk. Some of these rules for Beer Pong I recognise, others not so much. How we play here with the whole "swatting" its direct shot at a cup can be swatted, bounces cannot.
Let your yellow mellow.

aquariusman
[ Display Name History ]

aquariusman

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,312 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I like your version of Kings more than mine.

I've actually never played Kings, just looked it up. It wouldn't work too well with my group since almost half don't drink (drivers) but still usually play the games and the other half pretty much everyone drinks something different (rum, whiskey, vodka, crap beer, good beer).

Interesting how each of the other two games you just mentioned (beer pong and flip cup) have a rule that is the exact opposite of what I play (swatting the toss instead of bounce, flipping upside down to right side up instead of right side up to upside down).

I think it's just that me, my friends, and the people my friends know like it when the game is harder. Plus I doubt we follow the rules all that strictly.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,
and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That
regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,
better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.
It's experience.

Lord_Rand
[ Display Name History ]

Lord_Rand

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 56 posts
Hmmm what you call Circle of Death/Kings we call Ring of Fire, regional/continental differences ftw.

Pongs fun, we usually throw in the 'If it bounces of multiple cups before entering a cup, that person has to drink all cups hit'. Just usually ends up with one person having to take out like 4 cups but we play quite a few games before we head out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast

Awesome when it's a ridiculous combo, once had to drink pear cider + rum/coke + beer.

Dirty king cup.

Beer pong is pretty fun, but I need to get better at it lol. I like playing caps

Two people sit across from eachother with a bottle on the ground
You put caps on the top of the bottles
Take turns trying to hit the cap off, with a cap lol
If you knock it off you get to go again
Posted Image
Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

db300
[ Display Name History ]

db300

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • RSN:Ramp Nx
  • RSN2:dtbrehm
  • Clan:Nexus

Here we goooo...!!!
6Cups (triangle)
all filled with water (must play with a full alcoholic drink with you)
Must drink 1/6 of the cup per cup lost
1 Re-rack
Overtime= 3 Cups in triangle
Last Stand= If all cups are cleared, the losing team can attemp to hit every cup in order to tie
Throw=1cup
Bounce(can be swatted)=2cups
Off the Wall= 3cups
Can swat after it hits the cup
Spilling a cup=instant loss
Both players get in same cup on 1 turn=win
Both players get in separate cups= Free turn
If the ball bounces back to the thrower without hitting the ground, they get to re-throw, but they must throw from behind the back.
If you get the ball into a players cup they MUST drink it, or forfit the match (any cup on the players side that isnt filled with water is considered theirs)
* I once saw a guy try to drink dip spit becuase of that rule

Its really not at all complicated and they have a poster that allows you to fill in your own rules that is on the wall next to the table (the tables against the wall)

These are basically the rules I've seen most frequently, minus the off the wall one. Also, the other team can only attempt a "last stand" if the other team used a re-rack. Sometimes if there's a lot of people waiting to play, we'll play civil war beer pong. Basically it's a 3v3 game with 3 cups in front of each player. Once the three cups in front of you are hit, you're gone.

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts

I think it's just that me, my friends, and the people my friends know like it when the game is harder. Plus I doubt we follow the rules all that strictly.

That makes sense for flip cup, but bouncing it in for beer pong is easier than toss (which is why you can swat it)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Ah! This is why most American beer tastes like water.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts

If I had a choice, I would choose to drink much better beer, but unfortunately all that is provided is crappy "light" beer. It's more about quantity than quality. You'd understand if you've ever had a Natural Light.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

If I had a choice, I would choose to drink much better beer, but unfortunately all that is provided is crappy "light" beer. It's more about quantity than quality. You'd understand if you've ever had a Natural Light.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing a drinking game with Twisted Thistle ale or something with actual taste. Chugging down pint after pint - ughh, it'd be horrible.

Madmanpur3
[ Display Name History ]

Madmanpur3

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 874 posts

Here's my apartment's rules:

First of all, we play water pong, much more sanitary. Just drink your own drink when they sink. Games go faster, and it's more fun.

10 cups, ONE re-rack, cannot re-rack in the middle of the turn (ie, when you get balls back), Honeycomb/circle of death means nothing.

Throw=1 cup , Bounce=2 cups, Same cup both thrown=3 cups+balls back, Same cup 1 bounce 1 throw=4 cups+bb, Same cup both bounce=5 cups+bb

Bounces may be swatted.
Girls blow, guys finger
Rebuttal is allowed as long as the cups made do not exceed cups left by winning team (ie, if you have 2 cups left and you both make the same cup, it's game over)
Losing team throws until they miss during rebuttal
Overtime: 3 cups, triangle rack, no rebuttal.
Center cup is the "Helen Keller cup". Anyone deaf, dumb, and blind could hit that cup. Also referred to as the "freshman cup".

Finally....NBA JAM RULES!
2 cups in a row by one player and they are "heeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaattttinnn' up!" but the player must be "called in" by his or her teammate. 3 cups in a row and said person is "on fire" (again must be called in by teammate) and shoots until he or she misses.

My record with my roommate is 13 games in a row winning. The streak was only broken because our landlord showed up haha.

Exact same rules I play with, but to speed up the getting drunk process we make our Helen Keller cup a ginenkugel (mixture of gin and leinenkugel). Also, if it's 2 guys vs 2 girls it's auto strip pong (which more often then not results in the 2 guys in their boxers >.<)

However, let me introduce you guys to the Mario Kart Wii drinking game - we usually do 3 races on 150 cc, computer on hard, items on aggressive, and random course selection then whatever place you're in after those 3 races is how many shots you take, or if you'd rather play more you can half it (12 shots per 3 races doesn't let you play very long if you're terrible). However you decide to do it though, it's lots of fun. :D
May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!
First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Zibl
[ Display Name History ]

Zibl

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
I live in North Carolina. Around the center, to be more precise. There are many different ways to play depending on where you are, but the rules we normally go by are as follows:

#1 - Bouncing counts as 2 cups. If the other team bounces, though, you can swat the ball away if you're paying attention.
#2 - Knocking over one of your own cups means nothing. You don't have to drink another, nor do you have to refill it.
#3 - If you make both balls in the same cup (or a cup that hasn't been drank but set to the side) it is considered game over (a.k.a "Death Cup").
#4 - If you shoot a ball and miss, and that ball bounces/rolls back to you, then you have a "bounce back" shot; this has to be taken behind the back, though.
#5 - Girls blow, guys finger. This means when a ball is shot & spinning in the cup, girls may blow in the cup in an attempt to blow the ball out before it hits the beer. Guys may stick a finger(s) in the cup to try and finger the ball out before hitting the beer.
#6 - In relation to the last rules, #5, guys may ONLY finger if there is... *cough*... "vagina" at the table. Otherwise nothing can be done to the spiraling ball in the cup.
#7 - Rebuttal is allowed as long as the cups made do not exceed cups left by winning team.
#8 - One re-rack; not in the middle of a turn. This includes balls back.
#9 - Both shoots made is ball back.
#10 - Overtime is 3 cups in a triangle; no re-rack.

I think that's pretty much it. Some people play 10 cup beer pong, some people play 6. We play 6 around where I live.
RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!
Posted Image
[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]
12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired
Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
This is how my friends interact when someone decides they want to play beer pong:
-omg, this game has too many rules, lets simplify it
-okay, just shoot and drink
*10 minutes later we've invented 20 different rules to "make the game fair", nobody is drinking*

That's why I cringe at the mention of beer pong. I much rather ride the bus, play kings (which also has too many rules for a bunch of drunk people to agree on), box head, or drink out of das boot.
Posted Image

venomai
[ Display Name History ]

venomai

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,374 posts
My house rules are pretty similar to indy500's, but with a couple variations...

Decide which team starts with eye-to-eye shots until somebody sinks.
Grabbing a bounce back (before the ball hits the ground) means a free trick shot behind your back.
Gentlemen's club; no distractions that will block somebody's view (i.e. no hands over cups).
You can blow the ball out if it's spinning on the rim.
If somebody sinks a ball in the cup you're drinking then your team loses.

Anyone ever played "towers"? A variation we play where cups are stacked in three tiers, pretty fun.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
Going to be honest, Ive never played beer pong, I just like to drink. However, I will try it out soon :lol:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Ugh, Natty light lol.

Zibl
[ Display Name History ]

Zibl

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

My house rules are pretty similar to indy500's, but with a couple variations...

Decide which team starts with eye-to-eye shots until somebody sinks.
Grabbing a bounce back (before the ball hits the ground) means a free trick shot behind your back.
Gentlemen's club; no distractions that will block somebody's view (i.e. no hands over cups).
You can blow the ball out if it's spinning on the rim.
If somebody sinks a ball in the cup you're drinking then your team loses.

Anyone ever played "towers"? A variation we play where cups are stacked in three tiers, pretty fun.

Ahh, I forgot to mention the eye-to-eye shots to decide who shoots first. We also play "Gentleman's Club" (as you so put it).
RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!
Posted Image
[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]
12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired
Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Cabbage_Boii
[ Display Name History ]

Cabbage_Boii

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • RSN:Growing Ops
  • RSN2:Scoobi Doobi
  • Clan:I Art Thou SuperTramp
Here's more advanced rules.

2 balls 2 teams of 2

1 ball in = drink that cup
1 ball bounces off several cups, all the ones it touched are drank.
2 balls in = 2 cups drank
2 balls in the same cup = EXPLOSION-all the cups touching the one with 2 balls in are drank
bounce 1 ball in = 2 cups
bounce 2 balls in = 4 cups
bounce 2 balls in the same cup = explosion x2 basically win.
BOUNCE BACK:
i like to play in an environment where you and the opposite team have lots of empty space around the table, therefore it's all about the BOUNCEBACK!!!!!! Me and my friends get really rough when it comes to bounce back, if you get the ball back after you've shot, no matter how you get the ball. you call bounceback!
1st bounceback= opposite hand shot
2nd bounceback= 1 handed behind the back shot
3rd bounceback= 2 hands behind the back over the head shot.
All these count for 2 cups
HOW TO START
eye-to-eye
two best players go eye-to-eye and shoot. don't break eye contact and never pass your hand over the table.

edit: We don't do gentlemans club after about the 3rd game... Like i said it gets rough with bounceback ;) it's all about having your "forehead foreward". :rolleyes:
Let your yellow mellow.

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

There is a card game in which you have to remember what all 13 different cards mean (although like 5 of them are just take that many respective drinks).

King's Cup. <3:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
Never been an adherent of beer pong. I favor sipping at my drink and being delirious on my ass. When the urgency to pursue an objective arises, I can conjure up plenty.

KingYufei
[ Display Name History ]

KingYufei

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,894 posts
  • RSN:King Yufei
  • RSN2:Fish Cancer
  • Clan:Silent Ember
Depends. Make your own rules or you can use the all mighty SIGMA NU rules !!!!

too hard to explain, go google it. :thumbsup:

Sigma NU

MOST Anticipated but still underrated

Silent Ember

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users