Acne

imbackstinkers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Accutane long ago and I still can't survive a day without chap stick. The monthly blood drawings and pregnancy tests weren't all that great, but the results sure are noticeable. Sorry it didn't work out for you. :( If you don't mind me asking, how long were you on it?

No it worked for me, it was just hell going through the side effects.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I used to have it really bad over my face... I still wash every [bleep]ing piece of my body and it doesn't completely go away :/ It's really only on my back now, though :/ Some of you are lucky... I have really good hygiene and still have acne.

A thing maybe worth noting, facial products disrupt the chemical balance of your skin, for some people they'll clear up spots and the like but when you stop using them you'll find a 'spot breakout' of sorts. I always just kept with soap but than again I just had a few spots, never full blown acne.

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

I would get a few pimples, but they went away within a day or two. I was lucky, both my Dad and sister share the same complection and they both had VERY bad acne.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I get lone pimples on my forehead, cheeks, and neck fairly regularly.

However, I have a sure-fire way of destroying them without using any medicine.

Tweezers. The only pimples I can't pop with tweezers are ones on my inner nostril. That requires a sterilized needle.

However, I've started to get a bit obsessive, and I'm popping them before whiteheads even show up.

Oh well, I get sick satisfaction out of it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I always get acne on my face. And only my face. My body never ever has acne, just the face.

Even worse, I'm developing a mole under my left eye! Good thing I'm seeing a dermatologist soon. :S

I was lucky, I inherited my mother's dry skin. Over a lifetime I get maybe one a month. The "t-zone" (forehead, nose and chin) are the most frequent areas for everyone.

There is a hierarchy of sorts for treating acne:

• 1. Daily or twice daily (or whatever) face washing. Usually people who complain have already tried this with no success, or course.

• 2. Over the counter spot treatments such as clearasil. Only treats after the fact. No point in it for someone who is getting more than one or two at a time.

• 3. Zinc oxide 5% soap bar. (just like your regular face/body body soap.) You can buy this off the shelf at places like Wal-Mart. At ours it was stocked in the ladies face treatments/makeup section, as opposed to the normal soap and shampoo aisles. Cost less than $5.

Guess what? the above bar contains the highest LEGAL amount of that ingredient, the ONLY one approved by the FDA for treating acne, that can be sold over the counter. And what does Proactiv contain? The same ingredient. For 3-10x the cost.

I'd guess that it's the most cost-effective over the counter treatment for someone with back acne - rub a washcloth with it and apply.

• 4. However, some people get a lot of benefit from the Proactiv treatment. If it works for you, go for it. Be sure to use the lotion if you are experiencing dry skin.

Now we get into doctors and medical solutions:

• 5. Antibiotic treatment - usually tetracycline, requires staying out of the sun, for several months. This is because a bacteria under the skin may be the cause.

• 6. An "acid wash" treatment. No idea what this does, but it used to be the next phase. Applied nightly. Don't know if they still do this but I bet they do.

• 7. Retin-A. This anti-wrinkle cream helps some people with acne. Not sure which acne conditions get the most benefit from it.

• 8. Heavy medications, like accutane. This causes severe birth defects so females are required to take pregnancy tests, even if this could only result from the recreation of a 2,000 year-old miracle. People have listed side effects above. Another potential side effect of accutane - alopecia. This is where all of your hair, all over your body, falls out. For some people: forever. So - you don't want to take accutane as a first resort.

"Ask your doctor." lol

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Just be careful popping them. I had one under my bottom lip a year or 2 ago and popped it. Instead of it popping out, it popped inside my lip. I eventually got a staph infection inside of my lower lip and literally came days from it being classified as something that could kill me. Treatment of it was the most painful treatment of my life. I have pictures if you wanna see them LOL. So again, just be careful popping them.

pics NAO!!!

If you say so. Everyone click if you dare. This was after my lip was sliced to drain the pocket of pus inside. This all came from a simple popped pimple.

[hide]lip1.jpg

lip2.jpg[/hide]

icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

DAMN!

All that from one pimple? That must have been a crazy big pimple. usually when I get those big nasty ones, I wash my face with warm water, make a small incision with a razor blade and then drain the hell out of it. I ahte those big nasty suckers.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

It look like other than that, your skin is okay though

I have it pretty bad, it's gotten better from when I was like 13 or 14 though. I get it around the jaw/neck area and on my forehead mostly but I think a lot of it is due to my hair/facial hair. I also break out when I shave so I hate doing that.

It used to bother me a lot but now I don't care all that much.

Oh and I take minocycline (I think, I doubt that's spelled right too) and have some topical [cabbage]. Both prescription.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I always have to pop zits big and small. They are so ugly and nasty.

Wash off my face and a needle, and take the needle and jam it into the zit. Pop goes that ugly zit.

Ever since the day I turned 13, I've had it on my chin and the backs of my shoulders. It's pretty light right now, but who knows what will happen. I haven't been able to find anything that works, either.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I personally used Tazorac when I was 15 and cleared it all up. Now my skin pretty much has no zits on it, except the odd zit here and there.

I would treat it by applying an ointment to the zits, get online for a little bit, then go to the bathroom and wash it off with a washcloth and water. You can also treat it (keep it from being infected) by using alcohol pads on it. If you pop it, use an alcohol pad to put pressure on it to keep it from bleeding and to disinfect it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I had it slightly on my forearms about 2 years ago, but shirt I wore a long sleeved shirt & Jumper, no-one noticed. Faded about 3 months after, had no problems since.

I had it for about 2 years, except on my biceps and that -.- It looked so hideous, but it hid quite neatly under my shirts. Not sure how it faded. I think washing my biceps and that general area with my soap first seems to help.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I had it slightly on my forearms about 2 years ago, but shirt I wore a long sleeved shirt & Jumper, no-one noticed. Faded about 3 months after, had no problems since.

I had it for about 2 years, except on my biceps and that icon_ugh.gif It looked so hideous, but it hid quite neatly under my shirts. Not sure how it faded. I think washing my biceps and that general area with my soap first seems to help.

My little brother has that going on. His is pretty bad though, what isn't red and bumpy, is shiny and scarred. I'm thinking more sun=better skin. He doesn't get out much.

Yeah, Vitamin D is supposed to do that. I spend lots of time in the sun with rowing and that so I am sorted ;D

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I've never had really bad acne, but it pops up from time to time... Mostly on my chin/under lip and my nose, plus where my glasses rub on my cheek. I've got some that won't go away on my chest/back too. If you get regular toothpaste, put a dab on it and it dries it up overnight; it burns a little though. :razz: Aloe vera works pretty well too, and it helps keep the skin from getting more oily.

The 2 best things to do:

1. DON'T pop em, it just irritates the skin and can leave scars.

2. Before you go to bed, wash your face with soap.

Now, I have near-perfect skin :grin:

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

The 2 best things to do:

1. DON'T pop em, it just irritates the skin and can leave scars.

In contrary to you (and my mother) I found out that if you pop 'em it's better than leaving it there all ugly. You just got to make sure you get all the puss out and the root with it. It has to be squeezed until blood comes out. Then clean it off some more to make sure.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg