Why don't I bruise?

l0rd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll stick with the thick/dense skin conclusion, seems to be the most likely.

I'd check that with a knife.

I believe that's a laceration, not a bruise. :grin:

Do it anyway, l0rd.

I meant check the thickness of the skin....

• 2 months later...

iam curious about this ialso do not bruise easily awhile back my cheekbone was broken and it took about 4 weeks and it only looked like i had a faint greying like dark circle from not enough sleep i was also assaulted by some guys and they left no marks i also feel the pain of injury and i have gotten hickeys before but dont recall if it to longer or she had to suck harder

I think the problem is just that you haven't been hit hard enough. If you exercise, you are gonna have to do some real trauma to your body to make a bruise. Like on the calibur of getting into a fight or a car crash. Only people who are out of shape will be bruised by things like a drum stick or whatever.

Also if you are purposely trying to cause them, your muscles are probably tensing up and protecting your system from damage. I bet youll bruise if you have someone blindside you in the shin with a baseball bat when you dont expect it.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I guess thick skin has to be the answer. And trust me Adrenal & Fast, over the years my friends and I have conducted numerous of like experiments. In fact, the only reason I made this topic is because it was on my mind from when my friend payed me a dollar for another friend to hit me in the arm three times as hard as he could with a drumstick two days ago.

And Fast, of course there are obvious reasons why bruises occur, I'm just asking if there are any benefits to it evolutionarily speaking.

Bruises aren't a trait by any means, so no there are no evolutionary benefits. My best guess is think skin or strong blood vessels, though obviously I'm no doctor ;)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Weird.. I'm the very same way when it comes to bruising. If I get hit hard I don't bruise, ever. However, I never thought much to dwelve into the reasoning behind it. I just knew that with great power comes great responsibility. I now share those words with you in hopes that you use your powers for good, and not for evil.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I hope someone has already said this. If I'm the first, I'll be disappointed.

You're not getting hit hard enough!

Although to be fair, I haven't bruised in a while either. But I've been getting cuts like a [bleep]. My legs look slashed.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream