New F2P Skill

killer9823

So over the past few days, I just started to play runescape again. So I go into my regular cc begin to talk to people and they say a new skill is coming out. So I try to find some more information about it and they say it's going to be F2P. If it is going to be F2P how in the world will it be Archaeology? I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything on this new skill or not and if it truely will be F2P.

killer9823.png

Killer9823.png

99 Fletch Achieved 1/1/2010

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it is NOT sailing.

LIES! ALL LIES! MOAR SALLING PLZ! *ahem* sorry 'bout that. :P

Seriously though, the new skill will be for both members and free players and I've heard that it will be released sometime around June or July. Beyond that, no one seems to know very much about it at all.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

How can one say what it's not going to be if no-one knows any detail about it other than Jagex staff? There's a possibility that it could be archaeology, it could be anything (Except sailing, of course). And it's widely known that there's a new skill in the works and has been general knowledge since mid '09 ('round that time, anyway..). What's known is that it is F2p, and Jagex had intended to make this a game in its' own right, but they decided that it'd fit RuneScape perfectly as a skill. So, here we are. Expect it in 2010. (I'm sure. ;))

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Ever since Mod MMG became the CEO earlier in the year, he has said that one of his goals is to revitalize F2P and breathe new life into it. For months now he has also said that the new skill WILL be F2P. No one really knows what the skill will be but what we do know is that it is NOT sailing.

Ever since Mod MMG became the CEO earlier in the year, he has said that one of his goals is to revitalize F2P and breathe new life into it.

How about fixing the f2p combat triangle? <_<

Right now, there is no way to tell what the new skill will be and I like that idea. Maybe if you kidnap Excl and torture him into telling you...

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Keep in mind Jagex has been working on this skill for around two years or so if not longer. It could be one of many possibilities. You also know how Jagex likes to play with our minds. A lot of people said Summoning would never be a skill and looked what happened; it is one of the most useful skills out there.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I heard that it will be realeased it February - March. Maybe June - July. Hopefully not though. Hopefully earlier. I just can't wait to see what it will be.

As much as I'd like to be released as soon as possible, I'm willing to wait a few more months if it helps them get everything right.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm willing to wait until june for a new skill. i'm not sure why people still mention sailing.. its really not funny, infact those posts should be marked as spam. as most highschool-aged runescape players, i don't care how 'bugged' the skill will be as long as i can sink my teeth into it for the summer (please dont release it for finals week, though)

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

jagex said that it was going to be a minigame-skill too

it was originally intended to be a funorb game, but jagex decided it fit well into the world of runescape

That's wrong. Jagex never said it would be minigame-like and it was originally planned to release the idea as a game code-named thirdscape (with an own team).

The release date are rumours, too. Jagex only said they want to release it 2010.

[404] Signature not found.

Tbh, I'd rather them improve the existing skills, rather than adding another one. But if they do add another skill, I hope it isn't as stupid as summoning was.

I hope the keyword is Was in that sentence, because if you don't know how good summoning is, then you're missing out.

Tbh, I'd rather them improve the existing skills, rather than adding another one. But if they do add another skill, I hope it isn't as stupid as summoning was.

I hope the keyword is Was in that sentence, because if you don't know how good summoning is, then you're missing out.

I meant how bad it was when it came out.