New F2P Skill

killer9823

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I'd rather them improve the existing skills, rather than adding another one. But if they do add another skill, I hope it isn't as stupid as summoning was.

I hope the keyword is Was in that sentence, because if you don't know how good summoning is, then you're missing out.

I meant how bad it was when it came out.

it didnt took them long to make it good .. like what few weeks ?

I'd be laughing if Jagex released the skill, as MEMBERS only.

Just like all the other attempts to make this game better, and have ended in riots <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I think it would be nice to have a skill that allowed for more community interaction to train it. Not that you would have to train it that way, I just always found it lots more fun doing things with other people then by myself. I'm not talking about woodcutting together either, I mean a skill that really used teamwork. I think it'd be interesting, but most people would probably complain. Heck everyone is going to complain regardless of what skill Jagex releases or how good/bad it is. Sad...

Big_Stingman.png

Given the next 2 weeks without updates, maybe it'll be then. 2 weeks without updates means they better have something great on deck.

Or they're having a great holiday.

Seems like quite a long holiday. Plus a lot of them still have to be there working. It's not the kind of thing you can leave to a couple of people to "take care of" while you're gone. And anything that would have been released during this holiday would've been done long before the holiday. It kinda sucks this whole thing.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Given the next 2 weeks without updates, maybe it'll be then. 2 weeks without updates means they better have something great on deck.

Seems like quite a long holiday. Plus a lot of them still have to be there working. It's not the kind of thing you can leave to a couple of people to "take care of" while you're gone. And anything that would have been released during this holiday would've been done long before the holiday. It kinda sucks this whole thing.

Let them enjoy the holidays, you defeatist. There were many updates in the past weeks so 2 weeks without shouldn't hurt. And yeah, there are people working at Jagex 24/7 but that's most probably not the content team. :P

[404] Signature not found.

Let them enjoy the holidays, you defeatist. There were many updates in the past weeks so 2 weeks without shouldn't hurt. And yeah, there are people working at Jagex 24/7 but that's most probably not the content team. :P

I guess I just don't like the reason for their holiday then as I hate holidays. The days, not the vacations. Oh, and my original point was if they take two weeks off, they better come back with something good. And I don't mean more hairstyles and another Leprachaun makeover.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

i'm not sure why people still mention sailing.. its really not funny, infact those posts should be marked as spam.

Some people arent able to move on. They like living in the past. Whenever I see a sailing referance in a post, i just skip the whole post because I cant take the person seriously.

Tbh, I'd rather them improve the existing skills, rather than adding another one. But if they do add another skill, I hope it isn't as stupid as summoning was.

I think improvement on a new skill is definitely better than adding a new one, but since I am F2P, I am very eager to see what they come up with. Me and my friend been guessing at it for so many months trying to figure out what kind of skill they would introduce (Medieval based, since its the time frame Runescape based on). Of course on 2nd thought, too many intermix with modern technology as well.

On a side note, I been hearing rumors that they are going to release it in July 2010? Is that a set date? Or just a speculation.

a happy Runescaper

there was another topic a month or two ago about a twitter post where jagex said that the new skill would begin with the letter b.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

In my opinion, F2P shouldn't be getting a new skill. Instead, they should be given one that existed from P2P.

Fletching should be the one given. F2Pers should only be able to fletch bows up to maple and arrows up to adamant, and there should be a flax field in Falador.

Though, I don't care if a new skill is given or not. I just hope it's a good one... (NOT sailing)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The jagex mod who made that statement said something along the lines of " wow i never knew how far my comment would go, I wonder what ideas you would've come up with if i had said v" though. Its inconclusive at best.

I was really hoping the new skill would be one giant money sink (useful at the same time but still a huge money sink) but then I realized it was supposed to be f2p and I doubt they would add a huge money sink that's also a f2p skill <_<

Oh well hopefully it will be a very nice skill anyway.

Let's see, a new skill, something massive that's been brewing for around 1 and a half - 2 years, something new, something unique...

Hmmm..

I was discussing this in the hyt cc earlier, and it seems that there isn't much more to be covered on RuneScape, except maybe some form of transportation. The thing is, Sailing CAN actually be a good skill, it can unlock new land and quests, monsters and weapons unique to the new land, expanding RuneScape even further. Heck, even combine theiving AND sailing for a piracy minigame (as in, theiving piracy, NOT software piracy).

I was thinking Necromancy - But wouldn't that fall under Summoning? Or not? Could be a great way to unravel things in quests, reawake the dead >.>. Can come in very very useful, if executed correctly, but I guess, if it has to be f2p, then that's ruled out.

Engineering - Sounds a little too close to smithing in my opinion, throw that idea out.

EDIT Astronomy - Interesting, but in a Medievil based game, what the hell would you do with all the crap about stars? Throw a spell at it?

Flight - Good idea... can't think of how to execute it. Be like mounts on WoW except on RuneScape?

Making Explosives (Can't think of the name for that profession) - Could be combined alongside combat, spices things up.

Milking - Lol joke skill but an idea nonetheless. Level 95 - Corporeal Beast. Level 99 - PvP System!!

Spy(ing?) - Somewhat like theiving, except with spying? I dunno. Just an idea.

Readd Archeology - Nahhh...

Other Ideas - It's bloody 5:46am and I haven't slept yet, Gnight and I'll edit post later

Edited by dzihouchan

Well, it starts with the letter b, that's all we know for sure. Bootlegging? Making fake whips then selling it to noobs only to see it crumble in their hands?

"RS News Archive is your friend"

Its been said:

YES, Its F2P

It is NOT sailing/arch

wont be out until Mid 2010

and apparently does have a large role in F2P/P2P. (+ Quest with it)

@GuardKnox. Starts with b?

/b/Skill

Troll as many players as possible, once you hit 99 you can troll Jagex Mods directly.

Popoto.~<3

Well, it starts with the letter b, that's all we know for sure. Bootlegging? Making fake whips then selling it to noobs only to see it crumble in their hands?

Jagex has stated that the 'b' was just part of the joke, they had to pick 1/26 numbers for the joke and that's the one they chose. It had nothing to do with the name of the skill.

Well, it starts with the letter b, that's all we know for sure.

boring skill? you repeat the same clicking on the same things for a couple hundred hours to get a pretty new skill cape to show off to your internet friends?

Archeology - Interesting, but in a Medievil based game, what the hell would you do with all the crap about stars? Throw a spell at it?

isnt archeology rocks and that, astonomy is stars

I hope it will be part f2p like Runecrafting is.

arent all of f2ps skills only part f2p? maybe hp being the exception

Well, it starts with the letter b, that's all we know for sure.

boring skill? you repeat the same clicking on the same things for a couple hundred hours to get a pretty new skill cape to show off to your internet friends?

A winrar is you.

priest_wiz.png

Ever since Mod MMG became the CEO earlier in the year, he has said that one of his goals is to revitalize F2P and breathe new life into it. For months now he has also said that the new skill WILL be F2P. No one really knows what the skill will be but what we do know is that it is NOT sailing.

He also says an enormous amount of bs (if anyone else were to do it, they'd be sacked) which other staff members have to set-right.

Yes, the skill might be F2P. However, there will probably be more content accessible to members like all current F2P skills such as Woodcutting and Fishing.

I'm hoping it's a resource or a character development skill rather than a skill where the resources required to make items are more expensive than the finished item itself like Herblore and Smithing.

How long have they been working on the skill? If its combat based then because a vast amount of runescape is based on combat. It would take them a long time to bugfix and balance and such.

To be honest i think its going to be a processing skill. But The results of the skill will be untradeable.

What have you been smoking, summoning was a great addition to the game.

Fools_Taco.png