What is this decade called?

K4ylan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never heard of this Aught or naught thing. It sounds foreign to me and I don't think I'll ever call it that. While this is an interesting question to ask, I don't know what to call it. What I am excited for is what this new decade has to offer for us. We can clearly distinguish between the 90's and the *insert phrase we are trying to figure out right now*, so I can't wait to see what comes about with this decade.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Dawn of the DaS

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Isn't it spelt noughties as in zero, not naughties as in...naughty?

Nope, naughties as in naughty, it's supposed to be a play on words, the original is aught(ie)s, which comes from an old English word for zero. Though I'm guessing some people might be meaning a 0 (in which case it's noughties), the one with an a is all about how "naughty" this decade was (but like someone pointed out, there have been naughtier lol)

You could just look it up..

I don't know if you've realized that we've been throwing around names for two pages. That'd be like telling someone to look up if God is real, it's not like you're gonna get an actual answer, just a lot more suggestions.

You could just look it up..

I don't know if you've realized that we've been throwing around names for two pages. That'd be like telling someone to look up if God is real, it's not like you're gonna get an actual answer, just a lot more suggestions.

I guess, but it depends where your from, different countries call it different things. Here in the UK we are calling it the Noughties.

Please never link to cracked. I always spend hours clicking every link on every page :cry:

Yeah. I do the same.

Cracked is awesome though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Please never link to cracked. I always spend hours clicking every link on every page :cry:

Lol, I usually just go over them with my mouse to check what kind of site it links to, sometimes click if I'm curious, but I just read 'em for fun and except any kind of mistakes that may have crept in lol.

I just call them the Two Thousands tbh. Anything like Noughties just sounds unbelievably [developmentally delayed]ed. I dunno about 2010 onwards though, maybe the teens would work.

I also take issue with shortening the date. 00 short for 2000 was bad, but 09 isn't too bad. 10 just seems... bizarre. I don't like it ;(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

The 1940's were naughty with all the jew killing.

Will I go to hell if I laughed at that ?

Not at the actuall Jew killing, but just how Sheepish put it.

Guess I'm joining ya. Enough with these Jews being the only people ever to be killed.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg