Living rock patriarchs - does Jagex update things in the game for individual players?

Jard_Y_Dooku

Not to be rude to the OP, but what are we supposed to discuss here? It's only a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with you.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

The point is to discuss whether you think individual players may have, on occasion, directly influenced updates to RuneScape. For example, I suggested to (a Jagex mod whom I won't name for privacy) that navy costumes be allowed in the costume box. He told me it was a great idea and he'd tell the content team to get on it, and a month later, that was updated and we are now able to store all colours of navy costume in the box. I also asked him (multiple times) to make the music player show "Unlocked: X/Y" rather than "Unlocked: Y". A few months later, it was done.

So I suppose that's evidence that Jagex HAS updated things based on the actions of individual players, but that's direct rather than indirect.

So basically, discuss Jagex having updated things in the game based on the actions of individual players, (directly or indirectly) - tell your stories!

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

There's a pretty substantial difference between saying Jagex will make game updates based on one person's suggestion, and suggesting they'd take specific action against that player's character.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm pretty sure I also asked a J-mod could we be shown how many music tracks we have and haven't unlocked.

There are more players on RuneScape then you who suggest ideas to J-mods. So some probably have suggest the same thing as you. Plus if it's a good idea and helps the game play (to a certain extent) why not have it added.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I suggested a clan wars arena. So have 10,000 other players, should I claim it as mine? Just because you haven't seen a rare monster doesn't mean Jagex hates you. I haven't seen an Accomplished Fomorian, so Aeria must hate me. It's proof, if I don't see a rareass monster, they company running the game obviously knows I need it and it, and is tantalizing me with them. (Note: 'rareass' does not begin to describe how rare they are)

See, doesn't really make much sense does it?

The point is to discuss whether you think individual players may have, on occasion, directly influenced updates to RuneScape. For example, I suggested to (a Jagex mod whom I won't name for privacy) that navy costumes be allowed in the costume box. He told me it was a great idea and he'd tell the content team to get on it, and a month later, that was updated and we are now able to store all colours of navy costume in the box. I also asked him (multiple times) to make the music player show "Unlocked: X/Y" rather than "Unlocked: Y". A few months later, it was done.

So I suppose that's evidence that Jagex HAS updated things based on the actions of individual players, but that's direct rather than indirect.

So basically, discuss Jagex having updated things in the game based on the actions of individual players, (directly or indirectly) - tell your stories!

well, i did submit a bug report, about 2-3 updates later this bug was fixed,

*brace for rage*

the bug i submitted? that dragon daggers were not split by coinshare while the website said they were and that they should fix the information on the website. Jagex's response? make dragon daggers split on coinshare

unintentionally i made every zammy gw cs team hate me ;p

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I guess you never know...maybe some guy at Jagex really does hate you! That would suck haha..

On a more serious note, I guess you'll just have to keep at it! Maybe just casually do it and try not to be so serious. Good luck. :thumbup:

i beg to differ my main got banned 1 month ago for typing once in a clan chat : I AM A BOT AND I USE AUTO TYPER LULULULULULU

and bam lost an acc i had since classic. all appeals instant deny

oh well

good luck JARD ^^!

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

well, i did submit a bug report, about 2-3 updates later this bug was fixed,

*brace for rage*

the bug i submitted? that dragon daggers were not split by coinshare while the website said they were and that they should fix the information on the website. Jagex's response? make dragon daggers split on coinshare

unintentionally i made every zammy gw cs team hate me ;p

Me and the 2 dds splits that were neither hilts nor spears do not approve :evil:

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This type of game mechanic of special monsters spawning every so often isnt new, its in many many mmos, they are just seeing how it will fly in this game.

And hopefully they will do more of them. I kind of enjoy it. It's a nice little surprise.

howlin1eeveesig.png

• 1 year later...

i dont realy care what you want to do all this for but ill still give my input.

i know its a little late

i do alot of slayer so i get living rock creature tasks frequently

i always slay them n/e of the rope down there a gap with a little bit of water and a rock.

i see atleast 1 patriarch every task and its always there ive never seen one anywhere else down there and i got 90 mining down there

ive seen probably 30 of these and killed most of them its about the best spot i can think of to wait for it if thats what you want.

but from what i can gather theres a number of spots it spawns so the best option would be to gather a list of places people have seen them spawn and camp out the most common ones.

hope this helps

ps. im a long time member but forgot my details so i started a new account

i dont realy care what you want to do all this for but ill still give my input.

i know its a little late

i do alot of slayer so i get living rock creature tasks frequently

i always slay them n/e of the rope down there a gap with a little bit of water and a rock.

i see atleast 1 patriarch every task and its always there ive never seen one anywhere else down there and i got 90 mining down there

ive seen probably 30 of these and killed most of them its about the best spot i can think of to wait for it if thats what you want.

but from what i can gather theres a number of spots it spawns so the best option would be to gather a list of places people have seen them spawn and camp out the most common ones.

hope this helps

ps. im a long time member but forgot my details so i started a new account

bumping a year old thread adding nothing, great way to introduce yourself :thumbup:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The topic died off over a year ago and really doesn't have any more discussion value (since Jard did eventually get the examine as far as I know), so to prevent spam I'm locking this.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^