KBD and Dragon Med made F2P?

Hagge

But if you compare the dragon med, with the trusted rune full, it isn't gonna change much. I think it will change nothing.

The only thing that's gonna change is the options people got. Although the rune fullhelmet is superior to D med, people would buy it, but the benefit is so low...

The only thing that is gonna change for a couple of months, is the price of a d med.

It will go through the roof, once it has become F2P. After a couple of months, the price will go down, but I don't think it will go back to current price. I think it will become stable around 70K.

I don't understand how you can say that the rune full helmet is "superior" to the D med.... you should check the stats. The D med gives better defence to both melee and ranged. 70K is merely 10K higher than alching price... not much added value there.

The D med's low price is not because of how rare it is, its because there are much better alternatives to it. If the D med was the best f2p could buy, the price would skyrocket. Supply would not be able to keep up with demand.

The 300k-600k figure is how much they'd be in the long run, partly because people would know that after 30 minutes of wear, they'd still have something.

I'm not so sure it would stay that high in the long run... It's mostly a matter of opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if it peaked at 600K upon release, then slowly decline to 300k over a year before dropping to alch price (or near it) after 2 years. This is speculation, anyone's opinion on the matter is as good as mine, let's not turn this debate in price prediction though.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if you compare the dragon med, with the trusted rune full, it isn't gonna change much. I think it will change nothing.

The only thing that's gonna change is the options people got. Although the rune fullhelmet is superior to D med, people would buy it, but the benefit is so low...

The only thing that is gonna change for a couple of months, is the price of a d med.

It will go through the roof, once it has become F2P. After a couple of months, the price will go down, but I don't think it will go back to current price. I think it will become stable around 70K.

I don't understand how you can say that the rune full helmet is "superior" to the D med.... you should check the stats. The D med gives better defence to both melee and ranged. 70K is merely 10K higher than alching price... not much added value there.

The D med's low price is not because of how rare it is, its because there are much better alternatives to it. If the D med was the best f2p could buy, the price would skyrocket. Supply would not be able to keep up with demand.

The 300k-600k figure is how much they'd be in the long run, partly because people would know that after 30 minutes of wear, they'd still have something.

I agree that the D med supply is actually much lower than most people realise. The price may make it look as if there are a lot of them, however, the reason is actually because it is almost a defunct item in P2P. There are so many better alternatives around that the majority of people will skip directly from rune full helm to a better alternative. For example, the Fremmenik helms are all superior (the mellee ones), cost roughly the same and require lower levels. Because of this, most people end up having a better helm by the time they reach 60 defence.

I would be happy for the mole to be a F2P boss, with the light sources, no familiars, no run restoring methods and limited weapons, it would be a fair challenge, along with being marginally profitable if the dragon med rose in price. My reasons for not wanting the KBD F2P is that it has its uses in higher level P2P. A large number of slayers use it, and a large number of mid level P2P players use it for experience and a start in boss hunting.

I personally would be happy for F2P to get all content which is over 6 years old. It would keep F2P a demo version, while keeping it fresh over the years to attract newer players, who may end up become members later on. But that is something for another thread.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Well mainly I thought the market was done with the d med, because people offer it. But then the Moderator says it's because mainly people ignore the d med.

So much for that dream then.

Well the Mole is the only monster I can think off, that can be F2P, and not as suggested, the KBD.

However, the lightsource is a little pain then, because you need to make that F2P also. It can be the maple way though.

But in F2P the mole will be a challenge. In P2P it's a giant teddybear. It will give a new dimension to F2P, and make people curious for other boss monsters.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Guest jrhairychest

Corrupt dragon armour is pretty much useless. However, I'd like to prove a big point:

F2Pers are willing to pay 156k FOR A DRAGON MED THAT ONLY LASTS 30 MINUTES. That's almost 3 times as much as members are willing to pay for it, even though IT ONLY LASTS 30 MINUTES!!!!

Contradictory. If it’s so useless why are players buying it? And the point of it was it shows Jagex’s stance on items such as dmed being available for P2P in the first place. Pretty much a.....TRIAL version.

Saying that the price would not "take off" if it was introduced into f2p is ridiculous, I'd estimate that it would increase in price by about 5, even 10 fold. A 300k-600k drop would make most monsters worth while. I don't know how common the drop is, but I'd imagine its somewhere around 1 in 100, as that's about how common the rune med drop is. Point is, it would generate a lot of interest in the KBD.

Again you’re making a huge assumption that F2P is swimming in money, which it isn’t. The price would rise for what people are prepared, or more accurately able to pay for it. The average F2Per doesn’t have 300k in their bank. This would only benefit a minority who are ex-members or career f2pers. It wouldn’t benefit the majority.

Oh, but don't take what I say seriously, because I'm just an ignorant F2Per. For all you know I could be zezima. You only know about me what I choose to let you know, and it reflects more upon you than me when you attack me.

Please – Don’t assume I’m interested in anything about you. I’m interested in the topic. I would suggest you take on board that in life people will disagree with you and your motives, and occasionally tell you things such as ‘I disagree’ or ‘No’ so stop mistaking it for attacks. If you want posters to take you more seriously then don't profess to be a fountain of knowledge then get upset when people disagree.

I agree that gameplay is not gonna change "much" but you'll get more complaints about the combat triangle.

Agreed. You may call my POV cynical but the debate doesn’t seem to be what benefits F2P, but more about how much cash members make from it.

I personally would be happy for F2P to get all content which is over 6 years old. It would keep F2P a demo version, while keeping it fresh over the years to attract newer players, who may end up become members later on. But that is something for another thread.

That’s a pretty easy statement to make as you are retired from the game so it doesn’t affect you personally. Why would we need to keep it fresh for new players when its fresh for them anyway?

If players want to become members they’ll do it anyway regardless, whereas others decide they don’t want to so stay in F2P so is there an actual point in putting fresh content in for those who aren’t going to join members anyway?

Well mainly I thought the market was done with the d med, because people offer it. But then the Moderator says it's because mainly people ignore the d med.

So much for that dream then.

I think the dmed does get ignored mainly because players don’t look out for it as such. Most people don't even give Barrows stuff a second look these days, its just there. Just out of interest during a farming run the other night I spotted a fair few of dmeds on my travels. Considering they weren’t that many players on at that time I spotted a number of dmeds. Not full to bursting with them but it proves they are still in use.

54vll1.gif

2yxrtqw.jpg

2py59xs.gif

6iqrdj.gif

fehrp2.gif

Corrupt dragon armour is pretty much useless. However, I'd like to prove a big point:

F2Pers are willing to pay 156k FOR A DRAGON MED THAT ONLY LASTS 30 MINUTES. That's almost 3 times as much as members are willing to pay for it, even though IT ONLY LASTS 30 MINUTES!!!!

Contradictory. If its so useless why are players buying it? And the point of it was it shows Jagexs stance on items such as dmed being available for P2P in the first place. Pretty much a.....TRIAL version.

I don't know why they're buying it, but THEY ARE BUYING IT. The fact that I would never sink 100k+ into something that is only guaranteed to last 30 minutes is different from the fact that F2Pers are spending HUGE amounts of GP for relatively SMALL bonuses.

You tell me that F2Pers wouldn't be able to afford the Dmed at 600k each, but they're willing to part with 3.5 M to use a Corrupt Dragon Battle Axe for 30 minutes.

Again youre making a huge assumption that F2P is swimming in money, which it isnt. The price would rise for what people are prepared, or more accurately able to pay for it. The average F2Per doesnt have 300k in their bank. This would only benefit a minority who are ex-members or career f2pers. It wouldnt benefit the majority.

And you're making the huge assumption that F2P is not swimming in money. I can point to many items that cost more than 1m on the GE that are traded: all corrupt items, all god / trimmed armours.

Getting 1m cash in runescape isn't very difficult, all you have to do is grind a skill for a day or two.

Oh, but don't take what I say seriously, because I'm just an ignorant F2Per. For all you know I could be zezima. You only know about me what I choose to let you know, and it reflects more upon you than me when you attack me.

Please Dont assume Im interested in anything about you. Im interested in the topic. I would suggest you take on board that in life people will disagree with you and your motives, and occasionally tell you things such as I disagree or No so stop mistaking it for attacks. If you want posters to take you more seriously then don't profess to be a fountain of knowledge then get upset when people disagree.

If you scroll up and actually read the rest of the thread, you'll see that was a sarcastic response to what DemonicSushi said - "Sees all, how the [bleep] would you even know wether or not KBD is an active P2P boss if you are an f2p?"

I'm pretty sure most people here would consider that as an attack, and would call it trolling.

Thats a pretty easy statement to make as you are retired from the game so it doesnt affect you personally.

Jr, that's a stupid thing to say, espescially after making such a big deal about how you're not interested in anything here except the topic. How about we stick to debating the topic at hand, instead of trying to discredit others points and opinions.

I think the dmed does get ignored mainly because players dont look out for it as such. Most people don't even give Barrows stuff a second look these days, its just there. Just out of interest during a farming run the other night I spotted a fair few of dmeds on my travels. Considering they werent that many players on at that time I spotted a number of dmeds. Not full to bursting with them but it proves they are still in use.

It might still be in use as welfare gear for some, but the current price demonstrates how much demand there is for the dmed. And the fact is that most people prefer to alch it rather than use it. If that wasn't the case, then the dmed would be worth more than 61k. If the dmed alched for 30k, I'd expect it be 30k or less.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Guest jrhairychest

I don't know why they're buying it, but THEY ARE BUYING IT. The fact that I would never sink 100k+ into something that is only guaranteed to last 30 minutes is different from the fact that F2Pers are spending HUGE amounts of GP for relatively SMALL bonuses.

You tell me that F2Pers wouldn't be able to afford the Dmed at 600k each, but they're willing to part with 3.5 M to use a Corrupt Dragon Battle Axe for 30 minutes.

You’re forgetting that this armour is available for P2P as well as F2P and it’s the best armour for use in F2P. It’s much more affordable to members who use it in a F2P pvp world. The high prices are probably the result of members buying it, not F2Pers.

And you're making the huge assumption that F2P is not swimming in money. I can point to many items that cost more than 1m on the GE that are traded: all corrupt items, all god / trimmed armours.

Getting 1m cash in runescape isn't very difficult, all you have to do is grind a skill for a day or two.

Again all items available to P2P as well as F2P. F2P isn’t swimming in money. Fact. Otherwise god armours would be all over the place. The average F2Per does not have the cash to pay around 2.5m for a full set of Guthix which is the cheapest of them all. Ex-P2P and those who have been in F2P for a long time could afford it. If what you said was true, the prices of god armours and indeed corrupt dragon would probably rocket even higher due to the demand.

If you scroll up and actually read the rest of the thread, you'll see that was a sarcastic response to what DemonicSushi said - "Sees all, how the [bleep] would you even know wether or not KBD is an active P2P boss if you are an f2p?"

I'm pretty sure most people here would consider that as an attack, and would call it trolling.

Even when you say ‘Jr thats a stupid thing to say’ (your last post, and below)? This works both ways so you cannot complain about the treatment you get on the one hand while complaining about others doing it to you in the other, when it suits you.

Jr, that's a stupid thing to say, espescially after making such a big deal about how you're not interested in anything here except the topic. How about we stick to debating the topic at hand, instead of trying to discredit others points and opinions.

Who said I was trying to discredit anyone? If you read the signature he has been retired for a while and played enough of the game to consider it old content. Defining it as old content is in the eye of the beholder. Someone new to members will find it new content. So it’s relevant to the debate. This from you who talks about the combat triangle in this post as if dmeds and the KBD is going to fix it? Please, enough with the double standards.

It might still be in use as welfare gear for some, but the current price demonstrates how much demand there is for the dmed. And the fact is that most people prefer to alch it rather than use it. If that wasn't the case, then the dmed would be worth more than 61k. If the dmed alched for 30k, I'd expect it be 30k or less.

Again, erroneous. Fact is dmed is still a used piece of kit in P2P. Doesn’t matter about what price it is, I see enough players wearing it on a day to day basis to confirm it. You would know this if you got your membership and checked it out for yourself.

You’re trying to knock down the equipment as ‘welfare’ to suit your argument that its outdated, while at the same time trying to get it in to F2P for your own benefit. If it’s so bad, you wouldn’t be bothered about it .

I support the idea 100%, however there are many things that would need to be ironed out:

1.) Most KBD drops, including all it's 100% drops, are members only. This could be solved by

-Making Dragon Bones obtainable and unburriable in f2p again.

-Making Dragon Bones obtainable in f2p again and burriable.

-Marking Black Dragonhide obtainable in f2p.

-Offering coinshare style payouts for it's p2p drops

-Offering alternate f2p drops in place of it's p2p drops.

2.) F2p armour has already far outstripped f2p weaponry. The dragon medium helm, chainbody, and square shield would just increase this problem.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

I agree that gameplay is not gonna change "much" but you'll get more complaints about the combat triangle.

Agreed. You may call my POV cynical but the debate doesnt seem to be what benefits F2P, but more about how much cash members make from it.

Well I can understand why you think that.

I might not get the all of the points out of myself, due to my English, I'm Dutch.

But I consider price a thing you have to keep in mind. People suggesting it will skyrocket. Now for now I agree with Langer, who said anyones thoughts are good, we can only predict here.

IF, the d med is skyrocket to a high price, how much people CAN afford it in F2P? It can be a pretty pain in the cabbage to earn money in F2P because the options are limited and the competition is high.

I think the d med will benefit F2P, no question about that. But the price can be a pain.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

I like the idea personally, but I feel that melee is absurdly overpowered and extremely cost efficient in all ways in F2P. Introducing more melee content would further unbalance it (esp in PvP, where it matters).

Plus, dragon meds look completely ridiculous.

However, if it was implemented, I would have nothing against it. It would be nice for F2P to receive a high level boss and good rewards from it.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~