KBD and Dragon Med made F2P?

Hagge

Okay, it's somewhat useless to argue this point, as there are two ways of interpreting it.

Either:

A) MMG was telling the truth.

or

B ) He knew it'd be a bad business practice to state otherwise.

Frankly, I'd think if the KBD was altered slightly, he could be added to F2P, though I disagree with adding the D Med, maybe add a unique helm to his drops that is worse than Dragon, but better than Rune, with a 50 Def req.

Does f2p REALLY deserve any of those =/.....

Does P2P truly deserve most of what they get? I mean, it's ONLY $5, right? It is up to Jagex to decide who deserves what, of course. We are here simply to debate ideas.

Jagex is a business not a charity they would NEVER do something like that and if they did they would see their P2P numbers dropping very fast.... theyre not stupid ya know

Something like what, exactly?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex is a business not a charity they would NEVER do something like that and if they did they would see their P2P numbers dropping very fast.... theyre not stupid ya know

Something like give a Dragon item (Med Helm) or a members boss ( like Kbd) to the F2p community...

Rainbow_Dude.png

Something like give a Dragon item (Med Helm) or a members boss ( like Kbd) to the F2p community...

Why would that make members quit? Members still got the extra skills, bosses, areas, items, and quests. A couple of improvements on F2P won't turn Jagex bankrupt. Get that stupid idea out of your head. :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I agree on the dragon med, but for a different reason. If we (F2P) got 1 dragon item (excluding those corrupt ones), it wouldn't fit in right with our current armor.

And giving the KBD to F2P would have a minimal effect on subscriptions, since it would take so much more to beat it on F2P.

Why would that make members quit? Members still got the extra skills, bosses, areas, items, and quests. A couple of improvements on F2P won't turn Jagex bankrupt. Get that stupid idea out of your head. :roll:

You get your stupid brain out of your head? Members pay for ADVANTAGE the less advantages the more people will quit.... think a bit....

Rainbow_Dude.png

You get your stupid brain out of your head? Members pay for ADVANTAGE the less advantages the more people will quit.... think a bit....

Considering most members have better than a Dragon Med, not nearly as many people would cancel their subscription as you seem to think.

I've actually been seeing an influx of members, mostly level 70's, but a some as high as 100, who use the dragon med helm. It isn't as difficult to get as the Helm of Neitzinot, and much less expensive than Barrows, while still giving decent bonuses.

Well, generally a Dragon Med Helm goes through a cycle. First a mid-level uses it, gets something better,it gets passed down to someone else. Repeat. Eventually, the cycle may be broken, as more D Meds come into the game, with not enough mid-leveled members to use them. Then, MAYBE, should it be released to F2P. Also, like someone earlier pointed out, the CB Triangle needs to be sorted out.

Considering most members have better than a Dragon Med, not nearly as many people would cancel their subscription as you seem to think.

Lol !! i bet you that less then 50 % of people have better.... Fremenik Isles is really hard for most people you know

Berserker Helm, provides a Strength Bonus. Requires Fremennik Trials.

Better than Dragon Medium because of said Strength bonus.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Lol !! i bet you that less then 50 % of people have better.... Fremenik Isles is really hard for most people you know

Berserker Helm, provides a Strength Bonus. Requires Fremennik Trials.

Better than Dragon Medium because of said Strength bonus.

I know far more people who wear d med then berserker helm...

Rainbow_Dude.png

Then you know idiots.

The Berserker Helm just loses out slightly in Defence Bonuses, though it surpasses in Crush and has +3 strength bonus advantage.

Actually, let's compare.

Dragon Medium:

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 33

Slash 0 Slash 35

Crush 0 Crush 32

Magic -3 Magic -1

Range -1 Range 34

Summoning 10

Other

Strength 0 Prayer 0

Ranged Strength 0

Berserker Helm:

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 31

Slash 0 Slash 29

Crush 0 Crush 33

Magic -5 Magic 0

Range -5 Range 30

Summoning 7

Other

Strength 3 Prayer 0

Ranged Strength 0

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Then you know idiots.

The Berserker Helm just loses out slightly in Defence Bonuses, though it surpasses in Crush and has +3 strength bonus advantage.

Actually, let's compare.

Dragon Medium:

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 33

Slash 0 Slash 35

Crush 0 Crush 32

Magic -3 Magic -1

Range -1 Range 34

Summoning 10

Other

Strength 0 Prayer 0

Ranged Strength 0

Berserker Helm:

Attack Defence

Stab 0 Stab 31

Slash 0 Slash 29

Crush 0 Crush 33

Magic -5 Magic 0

Range -5 Range 30

Summoning 7

Other

Strength 3 Prayer 0

Ranged Strength 0

So how is giving D med to f2p a solution to anything..?

Rainbow_Dude.png

I don't know about the d med but KBD sounds like a good addition for F2P. If it's not a demo for P2P like they say, then a little more challenge is needed for F2P players who are past level 50 :P

Putting the KBD or a Dragon Med Helm into the F2P is like losing a mere penny around the house. Highly insignificant, considering they're of little value compared to, say, a $100 bill (all the other high priced/items with higher bonuses).

Therefore, it's just losing a little copper coin. Who gives a damn? Yes, it has value, but very little at that. P2P wouldn't even feel a thing.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Guest jrhairychest

For those who are condoning giving things like dmeds and KBD, theres posts like this with some supporting skillcapes and surge spells. So these 'drop in the ocean' comments about giving these items just snowball because F2P wants this, that and the other. I suppose you all agree those items should be given to F2P too? How about SGS while you're at it and Bandos too? :roll:

I'm just glad Jagex are in charge. Looking at some of your ideas and reasoning the lunatics would well and truly be in charge of the asylum.

For those who are condoning giving things like dmeds and KBD, theres posts like this with some supporting skillcapes and surge spells. So these 'drop in the ocean' comments about giving these items just snowball because F2P wants this, that and the other. I suppose you all agree those items should be given to F2P too? How about SGS while you're at it and Bandos too? :roll:

I'm just glad Jagex are in charge. Looking at some of your ideas and reasoning the lunatics would well and truly be in charge of the asylum.

Exactly the point i was tryin to make...after a while p2p wouldnt exist

Rainbow_Dude.png

Exactly the point i was tryin to make...after a while p2p wouldnt exist

what do you know? sorry to launch a personal assault but [bleep]ing hell your such a lowbie and u have no idea how GOOD it would be for members, d med skyrockets in price meaning more profit for when YOU get the drops, maybe just allow the d spear and d med into nonmems but not kbd to help the rare drop chance of it reflect the price

oXmutilateXo.png

Guest jrhairychest

what do you know? sorry to launch a personal assault but [bleep]ing hell your such a lowbie and u have no idea how GOOD it would be for members, d med skyrockets in price meaning more profit for when YOU get the drops, maybe just allow the d spear and d med into nonmems but not kbd to help the rare drop chance of it reflect the price

Sorry kid but the personal insult didn't actually work. Maybe try to be a bit more creative in future when you try an insult? You missed the point of not giving F2P things with comparisons with this and other 'give F2P.....' threads on here. All in all from what you've posted its about your own personal gain and nothing to do with benefits for F2Pers which I think the thread was originally intended for.

Try reading the other threads demanding this, that and the other for F2P. Oh and I know enough about the game not to have to worry about the prices of dmeds etc. Don't always assume that because someone disagrees with your they're a lowbie, otherwise Jagex would have listened to the likes of you a long time ago. They haven't and they're a multi million pound business so learn something from that.

Who the [bleep] was saying that?

You're assuming the updates won't have self-control. The snowball effect won't happen unless Jagex lets it happen. Give F2P a few things, that's it. F2P can ask for more all they want but unless Jagex breaks in, F2P is happier than before.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You're assuming the updates won't have self-control. The snowball effect won't happen unless Jagex lets it happen. Give F2P a few things, that's it. F2P can ask for more all they want but unless Jagex breaks in, F2P is happier than before.

This is like giving a 3 year old an iPhone.... not gonna happen

Rainbow_Dude.png

This is like giving a 3 year old an iPhone.... not gonna happen

@jrhairychest, DemonicSushi:

Quit trolling.

Runescape was originally F2P. 99.9% of all players that start runescape are F2P. Mod MMG, Jagex's CEO said that F2P was not a demo. Jagex's business model is why they're so successful - enough content for F2P to last a player 15,000 hours, while having an expansion pack for bonus features. They even based FunOrb around this. These are facts.

Now, the question at hand is whether making bits of outdated content F2P a good thing or not. You've already expressed the opinion "No, because I pay $5 a month to keep content out of F2P".

I believe that having a boss monster would make P2P more appealing to F2Pers. It's hard to know what we're missing, the closest thing we ever had to a boss fight was with Dragon slayer. And past level 60 its not even a challenge.

The content has already been developed, it would probably take 1 programmer 5 minutes to switch it over, then 2 minutes of downtime for a server update. The number of players they could gain with a boss monster in F2P could be huge. Even if they gained 1 member it would have paid for it.

Also, the key is that they release P2P content sparingly. Maybe one thing a year. We're not asking for your new content, just the stuff you never use anymore. This is partly why I disagree with giving the dmed to F2P, but agree with rune arrows, yew shortbows, etc.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Now, the question at hand is whether making bits of outdated content F2P a good thing or not. You've already expressed the opinion "No, because I pay $5 a month to keep content out of F2P".

I believe that having a boss monster would make P2P more appealing to F2Pers. It's hard to know what we're missing, the closest thing we ever had to a boss fight was with Dragon slayer. And past level 60 its not even a challenge.

The content has already been developed, it would probably take 1 programmer 5 minutes to switch it over, then 2 minutes of downtime for a server update. The number of players they could gain with a boss monster in F2P could be huge. Even if they gained 1 member it would have paid for it.

Also, the key is that they release P2P content sparingly. Maybe one thing a year. We're not asking for your new content, just the stuff you never use anymore. This is partly why I disagree with giving the dmed to F2P, but agree with rune arrows, yew shortbows, etc.

KBD is one of the most fought bosses on Rs..... go to any lootshare world and it will be full... stop it with ur F2P stuff its a demo and thats kinda obvious

Rainbow_Dude.png

KBD is one of the most fought bosses on Rs..... go to any lootshare world and it will be full... stop it with ur F2P stuff its a demo and thats kinda obvious

Generally speaking, demos can't stand alone as their own game. Most people will get the full game after a short time. With Runescape, people will play on F2P for years without a thought of getting P2P. I don't see how it is much of a demo.

As for the boss monster question, I don't know if I support the KBD, but I support F2P getting one. I don't care if it is a rarely fought P2P one or a only fought or a brand new one. But I do know that F2P having a boss would help push some people over the line between staying F2P and getting P2P.