World Record Held by Runescape Player

meister14

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one should be judging someone they can't possibly know, and I was using Villandra's situation as an example for why that's wrong.

Everyone judges everything. That's human nature. Some are just more honest about it than others.

And when things go to extremes, they get judged even more.

Sure, there could be extenuating circumstances that make averaging that number of hours per day of gameplay reasonable. But in most cases, it indicates a serious lack of balance in an individual's life.

Doesn't vindicate it though... what are you exactly implying here...? That it's OK to say someone has no life? I recall you made a thread on TS about a girl that killed herself because of idiots on the internet. How is this any different?

guido_49.png

Gavati, it's the Guinness World Records. The holder is given an award, and all information has to be verified. It is most likely to be the real name, unless the person had given a fake name to avoid people, like those on here, judging him or her.

Though it's likely she has given the real name.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Doesn't vindicate it though... what are you exactly implying here...? That it's OK to say someone has no life? I recall you made a thread on TS about a girl that killed herself because of idiots on the internet. How is this any different?

I think I was pretty clear in what I said. Anyone who spends 65 hours a week playing an online game for five years is seriously lacking balance in his/her life.

That person has every right to choose to do that, if they wish. And everyone else has every right to assess what they think about that choice. That's the way the world works.

Apparently you remembered that I wrote an article about the girl who killed herself, but didn't remember any of the details of what happened. The two situations are totally, completely different.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

villandra may have her beat actualy, but s diamant y probably has the single account record

between:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. villandra

2. villaninja

3. slayerbelle

4. lorica

5. ellebreyals

id guess those 5 all added up have 700 days, probably 350 from villandra, 90 from slayerbelle, 160 from ellebreyals, 70 form lorica, 40 from villaninja is 710 which beats the 708

a_final_name.png

Yeah, I agree with you there.

Unfortunately, we're on a fan-site's forum on the internet. These people will, of course, say such things whilst enjoying the fact there are no repercussions. I find it more disgusting that Jagex would release this information in the past. I'm sure this player did not appreciate her username and playing time posted where people could see.

Of course, with the World Record's, it's a different matter. However, Jagex's release of this information in the past seems like a major slip-up on their behalf. In fact, the only thing they did right then was not release since when this player has played, which would of course, bring up a better view of their, for lack of a better word, addiction. We would likely assume this player joined near the beginning, and therefore work the calculations from there, bringing it to less hours per day.

Of course, with this information now easily available, people can work out, or rather it has been worked out, that this player has a high daily time.

Though we could actually factor in that this player may have had a situation like Villandra, and, whilst I am at it, we could also consider different situations and find that a portion of it was concentrated out of a bad situation.

But, we don't have any of this information, nor do we have to means to prove it. So, unfortunately, these people and their comments will continue. It's a pitiful that people here would resort to that. You guys are really helping show this is a "mature" community.

What I find interesting is that the actual article (Posted here) stereotyped her, but then again it is Yahoo and they really don't delve very deep into the world of gaming...

It also lists the world record for the longest time spent playing a massively-multiplayer online game: Sara Lhadi, who spent the equivalent of 700 days playing Runescape between November '04 and October '09. That works out to over 9 hours a day. Now that's commitment...or insanity. Or both. Probably both.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I think I was pretty clear in what I said. Anyone who spends 65 hours a week playing an online game for five years is seriously lacking balance in his/her life.

That person has every right to choose to do that, if they wish. And everyone else has every right to assess what they think about that choice. That's the way the world works.

Apparently you remembered that I wrote an article about the girl who killed herself, but didn't remember any of the details of what happened. The two situations are totally, completely different.

Yea... And I said that that alone doesn't justify harsh criticism, which, as you mentioned, might be directed towards someone who is already imbalanced. I thought you of all people would be the first to criticize an offensive act that's based around supposed human nature.

It's not acceptable at all to poke fun at other people when you have no knowledge whatsoever about their mental condition. I hardly care whether or not it's human nature or if it's the way the world works. The way the real world works is if you mentally harm someone, they get to sue you for damages. The way the internet works is trolls get to run around like a bunch of idiots on teh intraweb and say that someone has no life/is mentally impaired and get away with it. I'll admit it though, I'm a troll too, but I don't go around intentionally saying someone's a tard if I don't know them. It's not how the world SHOULD work, and supporting it as a viable act because Person A does it all the time is idiotic in every way.

Also, care telling me the difference between the two articles? The girl killed herself because two people (can't find the article, so my memory's a bit fuzzy on it) decided it was ok to mess with her feelings by masquerading as her alleged boyfriend on MySpace, right?

guido_49.png

Thought it was higher than 700-something days, some maxed friends claim they have 800+ days but w/e. I'll ask her later on MSN if this is her

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Well, whoever it is, that's quite impressive. Well done.

And it's quite cool that RuneScape is in there. RuneScape is slowly taking over, yesterday I saw a membership card in Sainsbury's and today.. guiness world records. What next eh.

newsigw.png

Villandra has posted her different accounts' playing times on The Slayers Guild forums, and it's definitely not her. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

If it isn't Villandra, then that Runescape player is definitely S Diamant Y.

I'm surprised of how people like Gertijaars aren't even near the longest played account title.

Anyways, nice find.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's not acceptable at all to poke fun at other people when you have no knowledge whatsoever about their mental condition. I hardly care whether or not it's human nature or if it's the way the world works.

But I'm not poking fun at her, nor making any judgments about her mental condition.

I simply said that, IMO, anyone who spends that much time on a video game does not have a well-balanced life. Maybe there's a valid reason for the imbalance, but usually there isn't.

The way the real world works is if you mentally harm someone, they get to sue you for damages. The way the internet works is trolls get to run around like a bunch of idiots on teh intraweb and say that someone has no life/is mentally impaired and get away with it. I'll admit it though, I'm a troll too, but I don't go around intentionally saying someone's a tard if I don't know them. It's not how the world SHOULD work, and supporting it as a viable act because Person A does it all the time is idiotic in every way.

You have read more into what I said than I actually wrote.

I never said it was okay to call anyone names or whatever. I said that judging people based on their actions is an essential part of the human condition. Everyone assesses everyone. It's perfectly normal and the people who say "you shouldn't judge" people are mostly being dishonest with themselves.

Now there are better and worse ways to make judgments. I certainly wouldn't say I know everything about the person. But especially when extremes of behavior are involved, it is entirely reasonable for people to think there's something rather odd about the behavior.

The girl killed herself because two people (can't find the article, so my memory's a bit fuzzy on it) decided it was ok to mess with her feelings by masquerading as her alleged boyfriend on MySpace, right?

Yes. And how on earth is that in any way comparable to this situation?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

How someone can handle being on a video game like RS for so long....I don't understand. I'd like to kill myself if I later realized how much of my life I'd wasted. (of course, I really wouldn't, I would just feel miserable and want to change it.)

Of course, people say that this person could be "confined to a bed" and have "chronic sickness". Yes, maybe so....but there are better things in life that sick people can do rather than playing RuneScape.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I always found that the people or were always on back in classic when i really played alot were never worried about training or getting money or anything and they played the game more for the social aspects of the game so it comes to me no surprise that the person with the most time played doesnt have the highest levels or insane xp totals.

I've spent more time than that playing RuneScape, if Jagex included Classic hours.

I used to spend (I don't regret it either) 10+ hours a day on Classic some days (weekends) and over 5+ hours every day (week days).

I've quite easily beaten that record.

I've spent more time than that playing RuneScape, if Jagex included Classic hours.

I used to spend (I don't regret it either) 10+ hours a day on Classic some days (weekends) and over 5+ hours every day (week days).

And now you want a pat on the back?

Anyways, S Diamant Y's first name matches the name stated in the opening post, so it's most definitely her.

And now you want a pat on the back?

Anyways, S Diamant Y's first name matches the name stated in the opening post, so it's most definitely her.

No, I'm just saying if they included Classic hours I'm sure people like Bonebreaker6, Tks, Zezima and even Thehate would be up there with quite a lot of hours spent.

Pretty insane whatever way you look at it.

Over 7 times the amount of time i've spend. :blink:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction