World Record Held by Runescape Player

meister14

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spent more time than that playing RuneScape, if Jagex included Classic hours.

I used to spend (I don't regret it either) 10+ hours a day on Classic some days (weekends) and over 5+ hours every day (week days).

I've quite easily beaten that record.

That's really something to be proud of.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

i've heard of a lot worse than 9 hours a day tbh

i think i remember in the n0valyfe interview a long time ago he averaged like 16 hours a day, and i know of some other people who average(d) even more than that, its just they they either quit rs, or haven't started playing that long ago so haven't hat time to accumulate such hours

That is a very amazing achievement, kudos to that player.

If you enjoy the time you spend its never wasted. I've never once regretted the amount of time I've spent on Runescape.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

That is a very amazing achievement, kudos to that player.

This kind of silly adulation is the reason that it is not only acceptable but important for people to point out that blowing thousands of hours on a videogame is not an achievement of any sort.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Much of the discussion taking place is borderline harassment on this players playtime and real life circumstances. Walk a mile in their shoes so to speak.

We want Tip.It to be an enjoyable place for all players and if said player was reading this thread in the current light it would be very offensive and hurtful.

I don't want to lock the thread as I think there is more to be discussed, lets just all try to refrain from "couldn't live with myself" comments.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

But did Jagex even keep track of the Classic hours?

I'm not sure, I'll try and find out.

Shouldn't be hard. Just ask one of your many links inside jagex. :rolleyes:

pan.png

We want Tip.It to be an enjoyable place for all players and if said player was reading this thread in the current light it would be very offensive and hurtful.

This person has deliberately made themselves a public figure of sorts. He or she should understand that putting yourself in the limelight means you are going to be worshipped by some, and criticized by others. If he or she couldn't deal with that, then this was not the right sort of decision to make.

The efforts to discourage or even censor any critique of this individual remind me of someone who tries to get into the Guinness Book of Records for having the longest fingernails, and then complains when people think she looks like a freak. If you want to go to extremes, then deal with the reactions that extremism provokes.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I had a very good friend with leukemia, who couldn't really get around because of it. She played quite a bit of RS as a result. When I am sick, I play RS quite a bit as well, since there isn't all that much to do. As well, with the economy not being all that great, many people are either jobless, or on reduced hours. There are a number of reasons why people spend a great amount of time scaping.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This person has deliberately made themselves a public figure of sorts. He or she should understand that putting yourself in the limelight means you are going to be worshipped by some, and criticized by others. If he or she couldn't deal with that, then this was not the right sort of decision to make.

The efforts to discourage or even censor any critique of this individual remind me of someone who tries to get into the Guinness Book of Records for having the longest fingernails, and then complains when people think she looks like a freak. If you want to go to extremes, then deal with the reactions that extremism provokes.

Public figure? Censor critique? Extremism? :unsure:

Come on... This is a RuneScape fansite forum where naming other players in a negative light is against the rules. These rules do not magically disappear just because a player happens to be listed in Guinness' Book of World Records.

Furthermore, you don't know whether they submitted the information to Guinness themself or if someone else did - either way this is not a free ticket to make snide or hurtful comments about any other RS player.

That's all there is to this. If you want to suggest a change to the rules, there's always Forum Updates & Suggestions.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Do you think playing 65 hours of Runescape a week for five solid years is not extreme?

Come on... This is a RuneScape fansite forum where naming other players in a negative light is against the rules. These rules do not magically disappear just because a player happens to be listed in Guinness' Book of World Records.

So "negative light" means anything other than gushing over them?

Reasonable people understand that there's a difference between mindless name calling and valid observations that playing thousands of hours of a video game a year is not normal.

signew2.png

Criticism=/= naming in a negative light. There has to be some disagreement. However, nothing hurtful is needed.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Do you think playing 65 hours of Runescape a week for five solid years is not extreme?

So "negative light" means anything other than gushing over them?

Reasonable people understand that there's a difference between mindless name calling and valid observations that playing thousands of hours of a video game a year is not normal.

I don't necessarily agree with Qeltar in his opinion of the player, but I have to agree with him here. Criticism is not tantamount to name-calling. That said, there HAS been a lot of name-calling and mud-slinging in this thread.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I've spent more time than that playing RuneScape, if Jagex included Classic hours.

I used to spend (I don't regret it either) 10+ hours a day on Classic some days (weekends) and over 5+ hours every day (week days).

I've quite easily beaten that record.

And now you want a pat on the back?

Anyways, S Diamant Y's first name matches the name stated in the opening post, so it's most definitely her.

Upon reading the news yesterday, I visited her Clan Chat and before I could get past "Omfg Sara" (her name is, indeed, Sara), one of the c-mods told me to keep my mouth shut or be kicked (S Diamant Y was in her CC at the time of this).

He told me that S Diamant Y says people are just spreading rumors. While the number mentioned along with the RL name do seem to match S Diamant Y, she is NOT Sara Lhadi.

Sara Lhadi ≠ S Diamant Y

Note: I do not have pictures to back my claim up, but if you would like to enter her chat, somehow ask, and obtain evidence, feel free to post here.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Oh Snap! :cool:

Quite funny that you roll your eyes at that.

Edit: confirmed it does not track RSC hours.

Oh Snap! :cool:

Quite funny that you roll your eyes at that.

Edit: confirmed it does not track RSC hours.

Shoot, if that's true, my adventurer's log is missing some valuable hours :unsure:

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!