11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

I beat him with Karil's and AGS. I had my tortoise, brews and super restores, and at the end of the battle I had 11 hps, no brews or super restores. So, the ratio was just right and I hit a very lucky streak. At first, Nomad was hitting me like mad, but for the last 10 hits I was at 11 hp. He didn't hit me once. I got him on my 6th try and I can tell you, it's the most epic quest experience I've ever had. Is this quest a grand master? For sure.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there do is something that disappoints me with the recent quests and it is the lack of creativity. And with creativity I mean things like using a seagull with a selfmade cannon to get the attention of a prisoner (yeah, you get the link). During NR we just see some pillars, we need to move/rotate them, and that's it, no broken parts to fix, no statues to be sculpt, some unexpected things to overcome during the pillar puzzle. Just take a look at Haunted Mine, we manage about 6 mining tracks, just to get an illuminating mushroom into a dark room, so we could proceed through the mines. In Nomad's Requiem, we give some shots at a handle and BOOM, another arcane powerstation down.

Same for the room with the elemental beings that you had to get under the little waterfall. Ok, you had to mine away some rubble and change the waterflow a bit in the other room, but for the rest it was just taking some fuel and bait it. Instead they could have made it so that you had to tear down the fuel machine in some way, or at least had to take some effort to get to the fuel.

I can say the same about the Piety room, just get some slabs which you can find within a minute with the sole effort of running down the place. Oh yeah, and we send a fire blast to some explosive barrels that are just standed right next to the precious powerstation...

Instead of making it a bit difficult for us...

Yeah, the fight was good, and the quest has set us on a new track in the RuneScape history, but I see a lot of missed chances, not only in this quest, but in most new quests in general.

Wioneo supports this message.

The lack of creativity helps me get my cape back more quickly though, so I can't really complain :-#

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Well I am convinced now of my utter noobiness!!

As an older Rs player I love quests but am a bit slower at the fight parts :blink:

I am a lvl 131 and I am now on my 5th try at Nomad. I just dont seem to be hitting him very well. Firstly, I tried BGS and failed spec totally, then I tried ranging only with ruby (e)'s still not much cop. I now think I will stick to my whip and use ruby's on freeze only? I also need to try hiding from the 75's which as yet I have not really done.

Any help for an old biddy would be much appreciated.

Forgot to add: I am only 72 summ so can only use war tort.

I also dont think I am potting/restoring correctly even though I aim for 3:1 - but again, being an old bird I tend to panic a bit!!!

I suggest that you range him with ruby bolts (e). Wear magic defense armor because his attacks are magic-based, but switch to melee defense armor when he goes into his fury of blows melee attack mode. Use your curses prayerbook. At first, use Sap Mage but switch to Sap Warrior and Deflect Melee when he does into his fury of blows melee attack mode.

When he lays out mines, run directly south, out of the circle of mines. Then run east or west. You need to be diagonally opposite him behind a pillar to avoid his 75-damage attacks.

When he created 3 illusion copies of himself, he will always be the last one to attack. Wait for the 3 copies to attack at the same time, and he is the one who attacks after them.

When he freezes you in the middle, don't panic and drink all your saradomin brews at once. Shoot him and drink a brew. Wait to take another sip until after you've shot at him again. This way, you keep up the same rate of attacks. Pot up until you have more than your maximum HP. You should have enough time to get to full health before he uses the HP-1 attack.

Keep repeating this pattern as he goes through the cycle of his 4 attacks.

Once you get him down to about 1/4 HP for the second time, He goes into a fury of blows melee attack mode where there are 3 damage splashes on your character at all times. Remember to don your melee defense armor and switch to melee curses!

Throughout the whole battle, always drink 3 saradomin brew doses and then one super restore potion doses. Sometime, though, you will be taking a heavy beating and have to drink more saradomin brews. In that case, drink 6 brew doses and then 2 super restore doses.

Using this strategy, I was able to beat Nomad with combat level 110 and range level 82, so you should be able to do it also. Good luck!

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

As an older Rs player I love quests but am a bit slower at the fight parts :blink:

I am a lvl 131 and I am now on my 5th try at Nomad. I just dont seem to be hitting him very well. Firstly, I tried BGS and failed spec totally, then I tried ranging only with ruby (e)'s still not much cop. I now think I will stick to my whip and use ruby's on freeze only? I also need to try hiding from the 75's which as yet I have not really done.

I also dont think I am potting/restoring correctly even though I aim for 3:1 - but again, being an old bird I tend to panic a bit!!!

I suggest that you range him with ruby bolts (e). Wear magic defense armor because his attacks are magic-based, but switch to melee defense armor when he goes into his fury of blows melee attack mode. Use your curses prayerbook. At first, use Sap Mage but switch to Sap Warrior and Deflect Melee when he does into his fury of blows melee attack mode.

When he lays out mines, run directly south, out of the circle of mines. Then run east or west. You need to be diagonally opposite him behind a pillar to avoid his 75-damage attacks.

When he created 3 illusion copies of himself, he will always be the last one to attack. Wait for the 3 copies to attack at the same time, and he is the one who attacks after them.

When he freezes you in the middle, don't panic and drink all your saradomin brews at once. Shoot him and drink a brew. Wait to take another sip until after you've shot at him again. This way, you keep up the same rate of attacks. Pot up until you have more than your maximum HP. You should have enough time to get to full health before he uses the HP-1 attack.

Once you get him down to about 1/4 HP for the second time, He goes into a fury of blows melee attack mode where there are 3 damage splashes on your character at all times. Remember to don your melee defense armor and switch to melee curses!

Throughout the whole battle, always drink 3 saradomin brew doses and then one super restore potion doses. Sometime, though, you will be taking a heavy beating and have to drink more saradomin brews. In that case, drink 6 brew doses and then 2 super restore doses.

Using this strategy, I was able to beat Nomad with combat level 110 and range level 82, so you should be able to do it also. Good luck!

This is... incredibly helpful. Just a question, how many Brews and Super Restores did you have?

*Insert witty remark here*

Easiest way I did:

Black Hide, Zammy Spear.

1 pure set

2 brews

3 restores

Rocktails in inven and in war tortoise

Unicorn Stallion + Scrolls when tortoise was empty

I considered having a lot of brews, but the time taken to drink 3 doses, then restore, then pure set was deemed a waste of time.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

I've now done Nomad 4 times, all but the first on first try. A few tips:

• If you don't have soul split/turmoil use leech defense and magic. Not sure if he uses magic but it couldn't hurt.
  • When you stop hitting 75s with ruby bolts, switch to your melee weapon and put on leech attack and strength as well as magic for the defense.
  • Melee protect/deflect seems to help against his rapid melee attack. You should also have leech melees and possibly magic on as well.

If you do this as well as what Atronic says, it should just be a matter of luck and outlasting the damage. Lowest level I've done it on was around level 122 with roughly 85-90 in welfare gear.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

morrigans + vestas spear costs like 5m, 1 try takes 6 mins, therefore it costs 500k, thats the same brew price as 1-2 attempts, if you had done it with pvp gear the first attempt, and your on attempt 5, you would have already saved around 1.2m on pots

a_final_name.png

1st time I took all Rocktails and ran out of food half way through

2nd time I hid behind the wrong pillar and got hit for 66

3rd time I had him down to zerker stage, hesitated and he healed back up

4th time I wasn't fully behind the pillar and got hit another 60+

5th time I got him with 4 brews and 2 restores left, W00T!

Each time (after the first) I was comfortably in control with lots of health and brews left, just silly mistakes for fail.

1. To avoid the 75 hits, you have to hide behind the pillar in line with the throne, not the one further down

2. I used Redemption prayer when he hit HP+1. Brought HP back up to 29 each time

3. I hid when the clones came out. Takes a full 60 seconds for them to tele but you can recover health, drop pots, take BOB, calm down! in that time

4. In the end it's just a matter of attrition, to wear him down by degrees.

My gear:

Neit helm

Fury

Arma top (D.Hide for first couple of tries but Arma gives more mage def)

Arma legs (D.Hide for first couple of tries but Arma gives more mage def)

D Boots

Def Cape

Barrows Gloves

Archer ring

Holy Book

Rune XBow

Ruby bolts (e) / switch to Diamond bolts (e) when frozen

Zammy spear (set to stab) when reaching zerker stage

My inv:

11 Super Restores

1 Range pot

Rest brews in Tort as well.

My tactics:

Range with eagle eye and steel skin on quick pray as soon as he jumps off the throne

"lets make things interesting" run south then west. Stop. move to second pillar. He comes over, range away. "you cannot escape my wrath" move to next pillar in line with throne. Pot up, drop pots, take BOB. *splash*

Move to centre, range away.

"lets test your senses" "scourge of souls.." get behind any pillar ASAP. Wait..... switch off pray, pot up, drop empties, take BOB, calm nerves... wait.... Clones tele away

run to him, range away.

Teles you to centre: switch to diamond bolts, pot up to full HP, redemption on, keep firing.....BAM! HP+1.... pot up, switch back to Ruby, pray back on, keep firing

and so it goes for several rounds.

"Enough! let's finish this" switch out to spear, auto retaliate ON, piety and prot mellee ON, pot when health drops to 40-ish

Just keep a finger on the pot and watch health. Spear was hitting 12's and 15's regularly. (Spec' doesn't work. 'Too big to push back')

Job done!

Hope this helps..... Good luck to all!

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

[*]If you don't have soul split/turmoil use leech defense and magic. Not sure if he uses magic but it couldn't hurt.

I disagree with this. I think that leech attack+defense+strength are better than turmoil(no turmoil experience obviously), because (assuming nomad is maxed), your accuracy will be greater with leeches do to the 10% boost to attack along with the 25% decrease in his defense, you will also supposedly take less hits. Your strength would be lower, though.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

This is... incredibly helpful. Just a question, how many Brews and Super Restores did you have?

Every row of my inventory was Brew, Brew, Brew, Super restore. Except the last one was Brew, Brew, Rune platebody, dragon skirt (for his melee attack mode at the end of the fight). I used a Spirit Terrorbird familiar, but I would suggest that you use a War Tortoise, or whatever the best Beast of Burden you have is. I had my familiar carry Brew, Brew, Brew, Super restore, repeated as many times as I could fit.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Would it possible for someone with 90 att, 97 str, 95 def, 91 range, 78 prayer and 96hp to do it with invent + war tort full of sharks, not restores + sara brews? :D I hate potions

I would not think so, if you did - it would be a lucky break. I tried it and failed miserably :thumbdown:

NickyNooodle.png

15-16-1-60293132

I lol'd when I read this, because I was just talking to a friend who has 110 or so cmb and was on his ~10th attempt. Seems like all you need is skill, and some luck, to beat this guy. Having high stats helps a lot, but someone with low combat stats who knows what he's doing has a much better chance of succeeding than someone with 90+ stats who doesn't know how to do combat. :rolleyes:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I wanna try. I will soon im able to buy sara brews.

Im considering buying rocktails too.

But with monkfish and no familiar i got him to about half health. lol at people who find nomad hard

That's the easy part. The meleespampart on the other hand...

priest_wiz.png