What update hurt you the most?

K4ylan

I've seen many topics bout people who have been mad at updates, most notably the Pking upheaval, although most of these riots, I couldn't even be bothered with. So I was wondering, what update has most upset you?

Personally, the update that most upset me was the change in the attack patterns of Monks. Why? Because they were the easiest, laziest way to train a def pure. And mine had gotten up to 55 def at monks. Without ever leaving. I've since given up on this awesome pure, because I could just train def the same way on my main.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates never really bothered me because I understood changes were needed and not everything can be accomplished nicely.

But the December 10 (2007) updates with the removal of PK and intro of the GE... RuneScape wasn't the same game anymore. :-(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

PvP worlds and respective drops. Inflation ftl :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

PvP worlds and respective drops. Inflation ftl :(

Yup, same here. I didn't think there could be an update worse than Dec 10th 2007 but they proved me wrong there.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

The update that hurt me the most is Nomads Requiem. I like skilling and combat, but I am not very experienced with rehersed fights. I ended up losing a couple million gp due to having to learn how to handle him and keeping up my supplies for doing multiple runs. I like the fact Jagex is taking it a step further like other MMO's with rehersed boss fights (tztok-jad, corporeal beast and now nomad), but damn I think they need to allow more movement time in between the bosses 'special attacks' or changes in their 'style' of attack for players or else they are going to find the simplest route to killing it which is most often tanking the enemy with protection prayers and as much healing as possible.

Their best rehersal fight in my opinion was the corporeal beast with its attacks and the dark core. Well, of course people just cannon the dark cores, but it was the thought that counted. For example imagine 5 man teams killing it: 1 man dedicated to hunting the core, 1 man to tank the fight (getsthe bosses initial attention, and during down-time gets food sacrifices, extra pots, etc.) and 3 attackers (geared to deal the fastest and most damage), I've seen similar tactics with the god wars dugneon bosses, bandos in most particular, but I believe thats done more for efficiency and kills than survival.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

When they changed Trouble brewing clothes prices to 1/10th of what they used to be after I had got all sets and Phasmatys flag with old price. Hurt me most because it made my playing devalued. I know that updates tend to devalue work done in past by making things easier and faster but.. in this case I have no idea why they made that change. It's not like therer were any reason behind it.

Hmm, I don't like the trade limit but I like the G.E >_<

Same haha, no more going to w2 "buying d axe 1.4m" saying it fifty-million times.

I hate the trade limits :(

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The trade limits did not actually hurt me, they helped me gain items quicker, easier, and cheaper, but I do not like them. I prefer the game prior to those updates.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Probably the limits in shops, but most recently the Nomad's Requiem quest. Since getting my quest cape last year, its the longest time I havent been able to wear it (over a week now)...had about 6 attempts now but hopefully now far off now finishing it

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

The so-called "day that Runescape died" has always bugged me. The new PVP system just makes it worse.

And the GE has recently repealed my long-held tradition of "get it yourself."

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.