Haiti Earthquake

Big_Stingman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very devastating to the people who live/lived there. The economy was already too poor, so without help they won't be able to recover. Great that we have such kind-hearted people on this earth to donate basic essentials to them.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I dont get why people say "tragic", my "condolences", et al, when really, you're just saying it because it's what "most" people would say or do, when the fact of the matter is that really you don't give two [cabbage]s about whats happening 2000 km away across the North Atlantic. Sure, there's a two minute segment on the 6 o'clock news followed by the 9:30 news, but after that, you'll forget about it.

I dont get why people say "tragic", my "condolences", et al, when really, you're just saying it because it's what "most" people would say or do, when the fact of the matter is that really you don't give two [cabbage]s about whats happening 2000 km away across the North Atlantic. Sure, there's a two minute segment on the 6 o'clock news followed by the 9:30 news, but after that, you'll forget about it.

Because suprisingly there ARE people who care!

Was there any need to make that negative comment?

My college is actually raising money for food, water and aid etc. and i personally am more than happy to donate any spare money i have to it.

This is one of the world's worst natural disasters, i don't see how we can just 'forget' about it.

homerandfatov1.jpg

To an extent, you're right; we know very few--if not none--of these people and it doesn't affect us in any way, but you can't help but think "that's gotta suck" when you imagine someone buried under debris.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

God bless the people who suffered in this earthquake.

But if I may add, what about the Dominican Republic? We're hearing all this stuff from Haiti but the DR is just 20 miles over the capital. So uh, where's the recognition?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

But if I may add, what about the Dominican Republic? We're hearing all this stuff from Haiti but the DR is just 20 miles over the capital. So uh, where's the recognition?

I don't think there's been any damage, people from Port-au-Prince are crossing the border for medical attention.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/01/15/2010-01-15_injured_haiti_earthquake_victims_stream_across_border_to_.html

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

apparently i am going to have to agree with this. :unsure:

What else can we say? There's different levels of "caring" and a simple acknowledgment is better than nothing.

I don't think there's been any damage, people from Port-au-Prince are crossing the border for medical attention.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/01/15/2010-01-15_injured_haiti_earthquake_victims_stream_across_border_to_.html

That still makes no sense. Its 20 miles from the epicenter. If Port au Prince was DEVASTAED, 20 miles away should have some sort of damage.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Sad is really all that i can say on this.

But if anyone is thinking of donating money to help with the relief effort don't use the red cross, use either an entirly volunteer program or a government sponsered one. With anything els little money actually gets to haiti because the wages of their employees are paid from the donations.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

But if anyone is thinking of donating money to help with the relief effort don't use the red cross, use either an entirly volunteer program or a government sponsered one. With anything els little money actually gets to haiti because the wages of their employees are paid from the donations.

I thought Red Cross was nonprofit/volunteers...

Big_Stingman.png

The president of Senegal is offering repatriation to Africa for ever Haitian. He says that if enough people are willing to be repatriated, an entire, fertile, region will be given to them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8463921.stm

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The president of Senegal is offering repatriation to Africa for ever Haitian. He says that if enough people are willing to be repatriated, an entire, fertile, region will be given to them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8463921.stm

Glad to see someone who can do something is at least trying to help. :thumbup:

Big_Stingman.png

I thought Red Cross was nonprofit/volunteers...

Their not. They may take on some volunteers but the majority of the orginisation is full time employees. Unfortunatly I am one of those employees because this dumb province apparently thinks that the lifesaving societies standards for life guards and swimming instructors are not good enough. (i hate that of all the provinces we had to move to my parents picked the one where i can't get a darn job despite being an instructor for 3 yrs!). And they have offices in most major cities that are fully staffed and only part of their income is generated by courses that they offer for first aid training and lifeguard/instructor training. In the end it is not enough to fully pay their employees because the majority of Canada considers the life saving society to be better then the red cross offered programs.

My dad also has experiance with the red cross because he was part of the last canadian relief effort that went to hati and was also here in winnipeg durring the last big flood. He and alot of his unit were not impressed with how the red cross operated. Some of the stories he has to tell are of how the red cross was getting full course meals, refusing to work during some of the heavier rain, and some of them were even staying at what hotels were still open.All of this of course requires money. And meanwhile the military units were out day and night filling sand bags, sleeping in tents, eating MRE's, ect.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Been seeing more and more pictures, or moutains of dead bodies. Its horrifing to watch. I would not be suprised if the toll is above 150,000 by now.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Our school is taking donation in our homerooms, so I plan to donate tomorrow. A Facebook event has also been created to raise awareness about the tragedy - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=251397501444&ref=mf

Hope to see lots of red on Tuesday!

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

This is indeed sad, and it becomes sadder everyday. I wish it didn't have to happen at all, but it did. I just wish a tragedy didn't happen to such a poor country, It's going to take years to recover.

patr1ckotg1.png

It's way too early for this, but I laughed.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=297429420128

Haiti seems to be the most unfortunate place when it comes to weather and nature though.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Haiti seems to be the most unfortunate place when it comes to weather and nature though.

It's so harsh it made me laugh :wall: , don't get me wrong though I think its horrible.

On the other hand farmville's sending its profits to Hati. :thumbup:

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

It's so harsh it made me laugh :wall: , don't get me wrong though I think its horrible.

On the other hand farmville's sending its profits to Hati. :thumbup:

Yeah, it's bad lol.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Haiti got hit by another earthquake! This one was a 6.1 :o

Poor haiti

It was an aftershock, but at that magnitude it might as well of been another earthquake.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!