Dante's Inferno

mario_sunny

dantesinfernogameboxart.jpg

Well I wake up one morning, turn on my Xbox, and what do I see but Dante's Inferno the game featured on the dashboard. Apparently they are making a game based off Dante's Divine Comedy.

So I test out the demo, and its actually very fun. The controls remind me of God of War: its third person, and you play as Dante, who has a huge weapon that he swings around with supernatural speed. Although it does seem sort of like a button smashing game, it will surely make up for it with an awesome storyline. For anyone who's read Dante's Inferno, you'll know what I'm talking about.

From what I've gathered from the demo there are magical powers (Dante's holy cross power: shoots a magical cross at enemies), huge [wagon] weapons, and lots of bosses (I fought two and its only the first circle of hell). The first boss is a bit of a pushover if you know the trick (hint: block). The second one is a bit annoying because you can't block, but easy as well. Oh and you also get to control huge monsters at times.

Anyway, here's the site if you want to check it out.

http://www.dantesinferno.com/us/about

I'm not sure if the game is still featured on the dashboard, but I'm sure you can still download it if its not there.

PS: It also has nudity like god of war. You've been warned... (don't play the demo in front of your parents, kids)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Said it once, gonna say it again. Dante's Inferno is to God of War as Fallout 3 is to Oblivion.

Except, you know, Fallout 3 was created by Bethseda which created Oblivion.

I want to play this game cause I am a big fan of action games, as well as the Divine Comedy.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Yeah, still, they are both pretty much a copy+paste of the other one.

I want to play this game cause I am a big fan of action games, as well as the Divine Comedy.

You might get dissapointed, I haven't played the game but I heard it was not very loyal to the book. Might be a good or a bad thing, depending on how you see it. Afterall, if it was 100% loyal to the book it would be a very borring game.

16185_s.gif

The basic storyline as I know it is this; Dante is a soldier during the Crusades. He gets killed on the battlefield, and Death comes to collect him. He kicks Death's [wagon] and takes his scythe, and heads home. He finds out that his girlfriend/wife (not sure which) Beatrice (you should recognize the name) was kidnapped and taken to Hell. He goes off on a rescue mission, which is what you're playing in this game.

It should be interesting, to say the least. Sure, there might be a few deja vu moments with God of War throwbacks, but I think they'll be overshadowed by awesome visuals and gameplay, as well as the storyline. Can't wait.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I despised God of War, thought it was overhyped crap. This on the other hand, this might be fun. It sounds like something I write down at lunch when I'm bored.

So you die after slicing up like a million baddies. The grim reaper comes, but you take his scythe and kick his [wagon] with it while he begs you to stop. You then go to hell, where you hop on a gigantic minotaur. You ride it around and make it breath fire on demons and pick them up and bite their heads off.

Epic.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• 2 weeks later...

In the internet has been publicked nEW TRAILER!!!http://depositfiles.com/files/uu1x2w18v

That looks like spam.

To Dizzle:

I understand if you do not like certain games, but you have to admitt the storyline in god of war is epic. I mean come on the dude eat cyclop eyes for breakfast, what else does he do with them?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Since the xbox 360 doesn't have God of War, it seems appropriate that we get a game similar to it. I like that Visceral studios are developing it. I want them to have another solid game after Dead Space.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Yeah, still, they are both pretty much a copy+paste of the other one.

Completely disagree. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are completely separate. They do look somewhat the same, but the way you play is much different and I found Fallout to be a much darker game.

I despised God of War, thought it was overhyped crap. This on the other hand, this might be fun. It sounds like something I write down at lunch when I'm bored.

So you die after slicing up like a million baddies. The grim reaper comes, but you take his scythe and kick his [wagon] with it while he begs you to stop. You then go to hell, where you hop on a gigantic minotaur. You ride it around and make it breath fire on demons and pick them up and bite their heads off.

Epic.

Cannot see how you can say that when God of War is the exact same thing. Slice up a ton of bad guys, fight a giant boss battle, and you could ride cyclops's around. It's a complete rip-off if their ever was, and how you could even say that you hate God of War but think this will be epic is beyond me. Dante's Inferno has potential, but it is the exact same thing as GOW, I'm assuming it will be a bit less polished and epic as God of War 3 will be though.

In the internet has been publicked nEW TRAILER!!!http://depositfiles....files/uu1x2w18v

When a person's first post consists of a nonsensical sentence, some botched form of writing towards the end, and a link, I tend to not click the link.

As I said, it has potential but the demo felt so much like god of war. The setting was different and it was pretty fun. It will probably be worth a rental, but I do think it's an appetizer to God of War 3, which will rip this game's face off and eat it while mercilessly pulling every arm and leg from it's body and beating it's body with said arms and legs.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I don't care about it being a GoW ripoff, since I've never played GoW. I guess I win in this situation. Never read the book, either, so I don't care about accuracy.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

It's so factually inaccurate, that I refuse to get this game. Beatrice going to hell, and Dante being a crusader? Pft.

Explain to me the epic. I tried to read it but was quite confused. I know Dante was not a crusader, and wasn't Beatrice going to heaven and he wanted to get her back or something? And some Greek poet was following him around. I read quite a bit of the epic, but it never made any sense to me.

Who cares about accuracy? Tell me, if they stuck to the book, would it be that fun of a game? Or if they tweaked it a little bit, and made it a crusader (with a cross SOWN into his chest) kill Death, then fight through hell with Death's scythe? Doesn't that sound just a little bit more fun to you?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Didn't think much of this game. Thought that it would be an o-k clone of God of War and that the classic literature basis would be butchered.

Then I saw the Super Bowl Commercial and it is noteworthy (and BAD [wagon]).

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click
f203f1850c.png

I think the commercials are pretty lame. I don't like the choice of song (it dumbs down what could be a pretty scary idea) and that one song basically ruined the commercial for me. I'll still end up renting it though if Bioshock 2 isn't in at Family Video tomorrow.

In unrelated to this thread randomness: Why does FAMILY video have an adults only section? And why is it located next door to the bathroom?

The demo looked okay but I think the game might get a bit repetative after a while. It is an interesting premise for a game though. I haven't played GoW to make any comparison.

I don't care about it being a GoW ripoff, since I've never played GoW. I guess I win in this situation. Never read the book, either, so I don't care about accuracy.

It isn't really like the book at all. It just happens to share a setting and a character name really. The book is fascinating but it would really make for a dull game, Dante (in the book) is basically given a guided tour of hell, it's residents and it's punishments.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

• 2 weeks later...