Buying a Laptop for college

Valky

Hi, so now that I've finally started college it occurs to me that I need a laptop. The school is offering 3 different models made by ACER Computers that I can pay for with my FA, now I mostly will be using this laptop for hw and rs but I would like it to play other games as well so here are their specs

Name: Aspire

Operating system: Windows 7 home premium

Processor: AMD Athon 64 X2 Dual-Core 1.2GHz, 1MB L2 cache

RAM: 4GB DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMM

Hard Drive: 320GB hard drive, 5400RPM, 5-in-1 card reader, integrated DVD-writer

Graphics: Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics, 256 VRAM

Wireless: 802.11b/g Draft-N WiFi

Battery: 6-cell lithium ion

Price: $569

--------------------------------------

Name: Aspire Timeline

Operating system: Windows 7 home premium

Processor: Intel Pentium, SU4 100 1.3Ghz 2MB L2 cache

RAM: 4GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM, 2 DIMM

Hard Drive: 320GB SATA hard drive, 5400RPM, 5-in-1 card reader, integrated DVD-writer

Graphics: integrated Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics

Price: $669

--------------------------------------------

Name: TravelMate

Operating system: Windows 7 home professtional

Processor: Inter Core 2 Duo T6620 2.2GHz, 2MB L2 cache

RAM: 3GB(1/2) DDR2-667 SDRAM, 2 DIMM

Hard Drive: 250GB SATA hard drive, 5400RPM, 5-in-1 card reader, integrated DVD-writer

Graphics: integrated Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics

Price: $769

I'm also open to any other suggestions if these laptops aren't worth it leaning towards that $669 myself

Thanks in advance for any help

lovelypanduh.png

lovelypanduh.png

Depending on what hw is, I'd go for the first one, simply because it's not Intel graphics, which sucks, but even then, the card in that first one also sucks, but is enough for games that don't take too much power. Although, when looking at the processors, the computer will still be slow and then I would say go with the third one, cause it's the most powerful of those 3, but you won't really be able to play games.

Now, I would like to know how much they cost, because it's most likely that you can get a much better laptop than those 3 for less on websites like Newegg.

It really depends on what you want to use it for.

1st one: better graphics

2nd one: better memory

3rd one: better processor

personally I'd choose the second one, because I don't really care about gaming features.

Koanga.png

Barrows: Verac's flail, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Guthan's skirt (x2), Dharok's plate, Torag's hammers.

You will find much better deals on Newegg or other computer websites that sells computers, and in that same price range. I think you can find something better even in stores.

Battery will last a lot longer on the second one, and that is the one I suggest as a university student.

Also, get a tablet if it's possible. I suggest cashing out for IBM x200 series tablet. Having a tablet is a lot better since you can take ALL notes on the computer, as opposed to writing on a piece of paper. It will help a lot in the long run.