Sign in to follow this  
The_Gabe

Jagex, apperently not very trustful. Extremely peeved.

Basically, each time I pay for p2p, I use my parent's credit card. I don't get p2p much, and I get it for 1 month, and 1 MONTH ONLY. Simply because after 1 month of p2p I get bored and requit. Now, each time I get p2p, I cancel the subscription RIGHT AFTER I BUY. I am 100% positive I do it because of the times I forgot before. Now, I log in today and I find that Jagex has charged me for an extra month. I will not stand for you taking my month AFTER I canceled you. Any suggestion on what I can do?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Yeah, and Jagex breached their contract.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

[email protected]

This is the email for jagex billing support (d'oh!) and you can email your billing issues there. They might be able to help you there.

hzvjpwS.gif

Emailed them.

Make sure you cancel this time.

Please don't post crap on my thread.

sig2-3.jpg

Emailed them.

That wasn't crap. It was a statement that I would have said too. There's a chance you didn't fully complete the cancellation. He was ensuring you make sure you cancel it this time. If you're going to be rude, then don't bother posting on here.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Emailed them.

That wasn't crap. It was a statement that I would have said too. There's a chance you didn't fully complete the cancellation. He was ensuring you make sure you cancel it this time. If you're going to be rude, then don't bother posting on here.

Look, I told you, in caps, I canceled it. I did it fully, and this is NOT the first time this has happened.

sig2-3.jpg

Emailed them.

Look, I told you, in caps, I canceled it. I did it fully, and this is NOT the first time this has happened.

If it happened to me before, I wouldn't have done it again. Or it tells you you AREN'T doing it fully since it doesn't always cancel.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Emailed them.

I cancel right after, like 30 seconds after I get p2p everytime. Right after I write down the subscription number. Not canceling it fully is not the problem.

If it happened to me before, I wouldn't have done it again. Or it tells you you AREN'T doing it fully since it doesn't always cancel.

sig2-3.jpg

Yeah or maybe just try buying one month. Can you use a credit card and not use reoccuring or is that not an option?

Not an option. (snip)

Edited by Kcdragon8116
There was no need for that remark. Just report it and we'll handle it.

sig2-3.jpg

There are other payment options to ensure that you only pay for what you want if an extra months payment keeps getting taken out. Buying a card from Target maybe?

Well.

I've got some things to say. (If a MOD finds this inappropriate feel free to edit it)

First of all. The arguing was in no way needed at all. Sure someone might make an idiotic comment, or a comment that might offend you, but there's no need to bite back.

Second of all. Biting back doesn't really help. This is a help and advice forum. It is not any of the users job to be in here mandatorily to answer all of your questions immediately. If you don't like the advice or help you're given or help you're not given, then simply don't post your question here.

Third of all. Jagex has its own email for uses of billing support. (As lady_ninane stated) Usually, information between Jagex and the user should stay between Jagex and the user. If you took a second to look around the site for help before crying wolf, you would have found the email. I know I did when I had billing problems.

And lastly. Why do people have to make odd remarks? He asked a question on what he should do to get help from Jagex. The simple and correct answer would have been to redirect him to the Jagex email, not post what should have been done. It's not like he can go back in time and change it, so your post is merely useless.

I hope your issue gets resolved. :)

Yeah or maybe just try buying one month. Can you use a credit card and not use reoccuring or is that not an option?

Not an option. (snip)

Uh did I say something wrong? Because a mod edited your post that you were quoting me in...

And if that wasn't directed at me then just disregard this post.

Also, have you looked into buying Runescape Membership cards? They sound like a good option for you. You can just buy one when you want to and give yourself a month of membership. They are I think maybe a dollar or two more, but that seems better than accidentally wasting another $5 on a month of membership you weren't going to use. Good luck.

Big_Stingman.png

Not an option. (snip)

Uh did I say something wrong? Because a mod edited your post that you were quoting me in...

And if that wasn't directed at me then just disregard this post.

Also, have you looked into buying Runescape Membership cards? They sound like a good option for you. You can just buy one when you want to and give yourself a month of membership. They are I think maybe a dollar or two more, but that seems better than accidentally wasting another $5 on a month of membership you weren't going to use. Good luck.

No, it was directed towards another poster.

First, your title is not reflecting thruth at all. Considering it's vast membership, Jagex is a really trustable company. I never had a single problem with them, nor did my friends.

Second, maybe you had some lag while cancelling or something like that. Bugs can happen without a company not being very trustable.

Third, there's a possibility you cancelled before your payment was taken.

Fourth, just contact Jagex. It's not like we can change anything about it.

WarBlastoise.png

It's like 8 dollars isn't it, go pick up change from your couch and floors for the next month to cover your loses?

Low_C.png

It's like 8 dollars isn't it, go pick up change from your couch and floors for the next month to cover your loses?

It's not that, it's the fact that they breached their contract.

First, your title is not reflecting thruth at all. Considering it's vast membership, Jagex is a really trustable company. I never had a single problem with them, nor did my friends.

Second, maybe you had some lag while cancelling or something like that. Bugs can happen without a company not being very trustable.

Third, there's a possibility you cancelled before your payment was taken.

Fourth, just contact Jagex. It's not like we can change anything about it.

There was no lagg, because I saw the days already added. And this is not the first time this has happened. I have emailed Jagex about it.

sig2-3.jpg

As I know no one who had that, nor does anyone in this thread, I'm pretty sure you failed at something (especially as it happened twice to you).

Did you cancel early enough? I think you have to cancel it 3-4 days before it runs out or it renews your membership automatically.

Shaniqua.png

Simply mail the cash to them instead of using a credit card next time (advice for future)

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Jagex took away the month and refunded me. I'm surprised.

sig2-3.jpg

Congrats on getting your money back.

I had something similar (or not?) happen to me last month. An old account of mine was unlocked, and it said I had negative membership credit when trying to log in, yet when I checked through account management, that wasn't the case. It said I had 0 days of Runescape and Funorb membership credit- which is not a negative number. Anyway, the morale of my story: I know I was pissed to at the time.

EDIT: It's not really the "morale", more like "the point of my story"...

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.